Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  21:01:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by Kil

I like it...
Figures. But he broke the hastily thrown-together rules.
I'll bite.
Dave wrote:
Email entries to me in JPG, GIF or PNG formats, please do not post them to any thread.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  21:06:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ack. I did not read the whole message. Too late? Should I delete them now?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  04:01:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave, I've now emailed you three copies of a new version, similar to the first in concept. Let counterfeiters use the old version.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2007 :  21:32:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, Mooner, while I think your entry is funny as hell…
The "Post of the Month" award should be an image of a keyboard that's on fire and smoking, and it must include the words "Post of the Month."
Also, I'll accept JPG, GIF OR PNG formats, it doesn't have to be all three.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  00:32:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jeeze, I must really hate to read instructions.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  06:39:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Jeeze, I must really hate to read instructions.

I too, hate instructions. All they do is make things more complcated and confusing. On account of instructions, I still haven't gotten my grand-daughter's Chris'mas bicycle put together!

I did like your images, though. May I suggest something sitting on the post? Like a truely unique bird to set off the unique thoughts, mayhap?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  07:00:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the bird. It's gotta be one of the funniest goddamn things I've seen for months.

I don't think my "post" ideas are legal by the contest rules. As I'm busy with a new Chick "translation" right now, I may as well leave it to someone else to do the burning keyboard thing.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/19/2007 07:01:46
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  13:43:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I propose we sell our own branded bottled water. We'd be idiots not to cash in on this scam:

It should read:
"(DiHydrogenMonoOxide) DHMO-enhanced"

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  01:15:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

It should read:
"(DiHydrogenMonoOxide) DHMO-enhanced"
If we wanna sell this stuff, we sure don't want to scare away the "natural" types, who would avoid any water made up of such a scary chemical compound.

Reminds me of a poem I heard in High School Chemistry:

Little Willy was a whiz.
Little Willy is no more.
For what he thought was H2O,
Was H2SO4.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/20/2007 01:24:49
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  01:28:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I've submitted another "Post of the Month" graphic candidate. This one, maybe even legal under the microfascist rules here.

Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  06:28:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You could make it lighter and thereby save on shipping costs if you sold it as homeopathic water. Or howzabout a wee packet of powdered water? Great for backpackers!

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  07:51:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reminds me of commercially available hummingbird nectar. To make hummingbird food at home you boil a cup of water, remove it from the heat, and add a quarter cup of sugar. Yes, as simple as that. But you don't have to go through all that trouble. You can actually buy hummingbird food. There are generally two kinds available. One type is a liquid. The instructions on the package tell you to add a measured amount of sugar. And the other type, a powder, which you are supposed to mix with a certain amount of water. Any guesses as to the actual ingredients in either of these products?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  09:13:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back over 20 years ago, my friends and I decided that we could probably make millions selling empty cans, so long as we labelled them with some foreign name, like "Rien" (in script, of course), which is French for "nothing."

We never did put our plans into motion, though. Too much homework in high school.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  09:16:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Okay, I've submitted another "Post of the Month" graphic candidate. This one, maybe even legal under the microfascist rules here.
Perhaps my intent wasn't clear. I want an award which says, "this post is so good, the author's keyboard must have caught fire." Sorta the modern, Internet equivalent of a radio news item that's "burning up the airwaves."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  09:39:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Perhaps my intent wasn't clear. I want an award which says, "this post is so good, the author's keyboard must have caught fire." Sorta the modern, Internet equivalent of a radio news item that's "burning up the airwaves."
Well, I'm determined to provide you with very possible misinterpreation that I can come up with. You mean, I now presume, a 140 x 140 max graphic that doesn't show a burning keyboard, but just talks about it, using that actual text, plus, says "Post of the Month"?

If I understood that, I suspect the text would have to be unreadbly tiny, though I'll find out for sure in a couple of minutes.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds.