Conspiracy Theories
 NAU Begins Its Roll From The South
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2007 :  15:03:45  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mexico trucks to roll on American highways.

I am hearing that giant sucking sound that Ross Perot talked about.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2007 :  15:59:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what you're talking about Jerome. The "NAU" isn't going to "begin" its roll from the south. If you'd actually read the article you linked to, it noted that "trucks from Canada have no operating restrictions in the United States," and have likely been operating in this country (as have ours in Canada) for years. The big concern about trucks from Mexico is that they wouldn't meet certain safety and environmental standards. Surprisingly, the 9th Circuit seemed to think that they would. We'll see, but I am not sure how this points to any evidence for a North American Union...
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2007 :  16:16:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did read the article and I did see that Canadian trucks have no restrictions. Do you have any idea why this is? It is because the Canadian trucks are required to meet safety standards, and they have been doing so for a long time.

The unsafe Mexican trucks will begin to cause problems on the road and this will be the catalyst for turning public opinion twords the superhighway from Mexico to Canada.

A synopsis can be found here.

The ultimate goal is not simply a superhighway, but an integrated North American Union--complete with a currency, a cross-national bureaucracy, and virtually borderless travel within the Union. Like the European Union, a North American Union would represent another step toward the abolition of national sovereignty altogether.

This is from a 20 years congressmen running for president.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2007 :  17:26:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

I did read the article and I did see that Canadian trucks have no restrictions. Do you have any idea why this is? It is because the Canadian trucks are required to meet safety standards, and they have been doing so for a long time.

The unsafe Mexican trucks will begin to cause problems on the road and this will be the catalyst for turning public opinion twords the superhighway from Mexico to Canada.

A synopsis can be found here.

The ultimate goal is not simply a superhighway, but an integrated North American Union--complete with a currency, a cross-national bureaucracy, and virtually borderless travel within the Union. Like the European Union, a North American Union would represent another step toward the abolition of national sovereignty altogether.

This is from a 20 years congressmen running for president.

OK, the first wife was an OTR truck driver. I know the answer to this one.

Canadian and US law concerning safety inspections of big rigs are similar enough to where if one passes over there, they can pass over here.

US and Canadian truckers are all against Mexican trucks entering their countries because Mexican safety standards for road worthiness are so laughably low as to constitue a rolling hazard in those two nations.

The Teamsters for years have been fighting this kind of crap primarily because the Border Patrol would not be doing an in depth safety inspection of every Mexican truck. They were pushing for every Mexican truck to be safety inspected.

And the opinion of one man out of several hundred does not a consipracy make.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds.