3-page tract spoof: "Dark Gospels"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  03:27:48  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one is based upon artwork in "The Empty Tomb," but the text is roughly inspired by the plot of "Dark Dungeons," Chick's loony attack on the "Satanic" Dungeons & Dragons game. It's one of the most-spoofed of all Chick Tracts, and I had to try my hand on it, with a twist.

I kept it very short.

Enjoy. I hope.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/08/2007 17:10:20

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  14:55:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"Nothing frightens me more than religion at my door."

-John Cale
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  18:31:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by maledoro

I am not trying to be mean.

Your avatar gives me a seizure.

Many will tell you I am in a constant state of seizure; but your avatar increases the severity.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  04:07:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

Many will tell you I am in a constant state of seizure; but your avatar increases the severity.

Well, I'd hate for you to blow up Earth over my avatar (nevermind that it blocks your view of Venus). I had notified one of the admins requesting that he would replace it with another.

In the meanwhile, I give you this gift of peace:

-John Cale
Edited by - maledoro on 09/08/2007 04:07:59
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  05:54:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
maledoro, I find you avatar very distracting, and possibly some kind of subliminal Illuminatus mind-control propaganda. But I like those kinds of things.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/08/2007 05:54:54
Go to Top of Page

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  06:52:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

maledoro, I find you avatar very distracting, and possibly some kind of subliminal Illuminatus mind-control propaganda. But I like those kinds of things.

Well, before you out me as One Of Them, I had already put in a request to an admin to change it to a new avatar.

I apologize to those with headaches, ADD, ADHD, the paranoid (whom are out to get me), and others who were greatly offended by my avatar.

-John Cale
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  08:07:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by HalfMooner

Well, before you out me as One Of Them, I had already put in a request to an admin to change it to a new avatar.

I apologize to those with headaches, ADD, ADHD, the paranoid (whom are out to get me), and others who were greatly offended by my avatar.

Well, I like it...

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  08:35:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well, I'd hate for you to blow up Earth over my avatar (nevermind that it blocks your view of Venus). I had notified one of the admins requesting that he would replace it with another.

In the meanwhile, I give you this gift of peace:

Thanks for the cheese. Maybe a PM would have been better. It was just that the chance to publicly insult myself was too great. Sorry.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  08:40:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...Jesus was talking a crap

?

Very funny as usual.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  09:57:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Siberia

Well, I like it...

Thank you! Perhaps we should have a poll?

-John Cale
Go to Top of Page

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  10:03:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the cheese. Maybe a PM would have been better. It was just that the chance to publicly insult myself was too great. Sorry.

Well, you needed the practice.

-John Cale
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  17:13:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

...Jesus was talking a crap

?

Very funny as usual.
Yeah, he was distracted because he was talking some shit. He do be talking some shit.

(Thanks, fixing it!)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.