Politics
 Oversalted Burger----Thats an Arrest!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  18:13:39  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kendra Bull was arrested Friday, charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and freed on $1,000 bail.

Welcome to the Brave New World.

Bull, 20, said she accidentally spilled salt on hamburger meat and told her supervisor and a co-worker, who "tried to thump the salt off."

Police sent samples of the burger to the state crime lab for tests.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  18:22:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two hours later down at the station,

"The results are back chief, and it's just as we suspected attempted sodium chloride posioning. That 25 years, you God damn Cop Killer!"

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  18:24:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No more free burgers for that cop!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  20:17:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Two hours later down at the station,

"The results are back chief, and it's just as we suspected attempted sodium chloride posioning. That 25 years, you God damn Cop Killer!"

Good one!

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

Yojimbo99

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  00:37:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Yojimbo99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a case of police using powers they think they have and should not be using.
City public information officer George Louth said Bull was charged because she served the burger "without regards to the well-being of anyone who might consume it."

WTF. If I could go back and arrest evryone that made me a shity burger the Feds would have to seize one of those small and meaningless states like New Hampshire just to house all the culprits that did me wrong( and that does not even include the makers of bad tacos or pizza).

The people of Union City, Ga should be tall pissed ; and not because of some poor fast food worker; but rahter by the Barney Fife like police department that would even allow this to take place.

Bottom line is that the cop who arrested her and tried to file charges against the girl should be fired. end of story.

It's not so much wanting to die, but controlling that moment, choosing your own way. - GG Allin
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  01:48:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Truly an asshole cop. Anyone else would have sent the burger back, not eaten it, and politly complained and asked for another. Instead, this dipshit wastes everyone's time prefering charges that I don't think will stick, and shouldn't.
"If it was too salty, why did (Adams) not take one bite and throw it away?" said Bull, who has worked at the restaurant for five months. She said she didn't know a police officer got one of the salty burgers because she couldn't see the drive-through window from her work area.

But it's a Mickey D's and in GA, which explains a lot about both sides of the question. Betcha a dollar Ms. Bull is black.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  05:02:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Police said samples of the burger to the state crime lab for tests.
Talk about misappropriation of public funds.... This cop probably thinks he got a sabotaged burger and is intent on making sure no POS McDonald's employee is going to screw around with cops again. What a dumbass. If she wanted to screw around with the cops she'd just spit on his burger and he'd never be the wiser. What an embarrassing waste of money - I'm surprised someone in authority hasn't stepped on this.

-Chaloobi

Edited by - chaloobi on 09/11/2007 05:03:15
Go to Top of Page

perrodetokio
Skeptic Friend

275 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  06:47:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send perrodetokio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a little off-topic, just a bit: When I was eleven we moved to Ft Lauderdale (from Argentina). One afternoon I went by myself to buy some hairspray (for my spikey hair) to a drugstore. In there I could not find what I was looking for, so in my really bad english (I had just started learning it a few months before) I asked the shop clerck where to find it and trying to follow his directions I wondered around the shop. Could not find the dammed thing so I tried to leave the store.

The thing is, there was a uniformed cop in the store and when I was walking out the door, he grabbed me by the arm (quite forcefully, an eleven year old kid) and very rudely told me to lift my shirt, probably thinking I had hidden stolen stuff). I complied, and the asshole, after finding out I had not stolen anything asked me why I had wondered around the store for so long and then, threatening me, told me to leave and never to come back to that store! WTF!

Had I been a few years older I would have given that asshole a piece of my mind!

Like I said: Off-topic. However in both cases I see an asshole with authority abusing it.

cheers!
perro de tokio

"Yes I have a belief in a creator/God but do not know that he exists." Bill Scott

"They are still mosquitoes! They did not turn into whales or lizards or anything else. They are still mosquitoes!..." Bill Scott

"We should have millions of missing links or transition fossils showing a fish turning into a philosopher..." Bill Scott
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  17:59:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by perrodetokio

Just a little off-topic, just a bit: When I was eleven we moved to Ft Lauderdale (from Argentina). One afternoon I went by myself to buy some hairspray (for my spikey hair) to a drugstore. In there I could not find what I was looking for, so in my really bad english (I had just started learning it a few months before) I asked the shop clerck where to find it and trying to follow his directions I wondered around the shop. Could not find the dammed thing so I tried to leave the store.

The thing is, there was a uniformed cop in the store and when I was walking out the door, he grabbed me by the arm (quite forcefully, an eleven year old kid) and very rudely told me to lift my shirt, probably thinking I had hidden stolen stuff). I complied, and the asshole, after finding out I had not stolen anything asked me why I had wondered around the store for so long and then, threatening me, told me to leave and never to come back to that store! WTF!

Had I been a few years older I would have given that asshole a piece of my mind!

Like I said: Off-topic. However in both cases I see an asshole with authority abusing it.

cheers!
perro de tokio

Well, you do look like a thief.

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  21:01:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

And rip up his Krispy Kreme card, too.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  21:23:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

Originally posted by HalfMooner

And rip up his Krispy Kreme card, too.

This might be the guy:

Go to Top of Page

perrodetokio
Skeptic Friend

275 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  08:30:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send perrodetokio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

cheers!
perro de tokio

Well, you do look like a thief.

a-whaaaa?

Who´s picture is that, Jerome?

Cheers!

perro de tokio

"Yes I have a belief in a creator/God but do not know that he exists." Bill Scott

"They are still mosquitoes! They did not turn into whales or lizards or anything else. They are still mosquitoes!..." Bill Scott

"We should have millions of missing links or transition fossils showing a fish turning into a philosopher..." Bill Scott
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  18:25:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
a-whaaaa?

Cheers!

perro de tokio

I just googled your name and found that picture. I thought it would be funny. Apparently the joke was horrible, sorry.

Go to Top of Page

perrodetokio
Skeptic Friend

275 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  12:36:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send perrodetokio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

a-whaaaa?

Cheers!

perro de tokio

I just googled your name and found that picture. I thought it would be funny. Apparently the joke was horrible, sorry.

HA! No! not horrible. Just I didn´t get it. Now that you tell me, for some reason I find it quite funny! (I do have a strange sense of humor, though)

here´s me!

Cheers!

perrodetokio

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.