Humor
 9/11 Was an Inside Job!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  07:48:24  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After watching the first 30 seconds of this video there can be zero doubters!

9/11 was a lie!

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  07:49:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
don't watch - or you'll be watching rick astley. This should be moved to humor.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 09/15/2007 09:45:05
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  07:57:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

don't watch - or you'll be watch rick astley. This should be moved to humor.
Done.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  09:44:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aw shit! Here we go again....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  10:43:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm in favor of moving it to the recycle bin.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  11:29:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, watched the first 30 seconds -- whaddafuck?

It surely has nothing to do with the OP title and I don't see the humor. Am I missing something, here?

I think d'Gnome is pulling our collective leg. Must do better, Jerome!

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  11:52:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

It surely has nothing to do with the OP title and I don't see the humor. Am I missing something, here?

Just trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Rick Rolled

Rock Roll, Rick ROlled, or Rick Rolled

The process or act of posting a link or attatchment to a Rick Astley video such as "Never gonna give you up" Then by you clicking on it, you have just been Rick Rolled

Usually disguised as something else such as "Check out my new car"

Accredited to a popular car forum, bimmerforums.com often discussed as not funny and completly absurd it still has the comedic value to change any subject or lighten up the harshest of moods.

"Hey guys check out my video of my car"

Video > www.youtube.com/watch?v=7 sK3AqFYAWQ

Responce

"Crap, Rick Rolled again :("

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  11:57:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  12:11:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

Just trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Rick Rolled

Rock Roll, Rick ROlled, or Rick Rolled

The process or act of posting a link or attatchment to a Rick Astley video such as "Never gonna give you up" Then by you clicking on it, you have just been Rick Rolled

Usually disguised as something else such as "Check out my new car"

Accredited to a popular car forum, bimmerforums.com often discussed as not funny and completly absurd it still has the comedic value to change any subject or lighten up the harshest of moods.

"Hey guys check out my video of my car"

Video > www.youtube.com/watch?v=7 sK3AqFYAWQ

Responce

"Crap, Rick Rolled again :("

Have you considered hanging a 13# figurine of Ganesha from your eyesocket?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  12:31:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you considered hanging a 13# figurine of Ganesha from your eyesocket?

No, but i am considering this tattoo:

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  13:11:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very good, but why not try fishing instead of risking syphilis?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  13:36:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And if fishing is unsatisfactory, you could always go on safari.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  15:24:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Evidence of man living with the plesiosaur?

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  15:26:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I am sensing a theme to your posts.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  16:35:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I am sensing a theme to your posts.

A theme? Don't be ridiculous! Live a little; go swimming!

This is a good game; wish we'd get some more players.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  16:58:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Evidence of man living with the plesiosaur?

Indeed, some of the more hysterical of the creationists, notably Kent Hovind, went off the deep end with some pretty preposterous claims.
A decayed carcass accidentally netted by a Japanese trawler near New Zealand in 1977 has often been claimed by creationists and others to be a likely plesiosaur or prehistoric "sea-monster." Plesiosaurs were a group of long-necked, predatory marine reptiles with four paddle-like limbs, thought to have gone extinct with the dinosaurs about 65 million years ago. However, several lines of evidence, including lab results from tissue samples taken from the carcass before it was discarded, strongly point to the specimen being a shark, and most likely a basking shark. This should not be surprising, since basking sharks are known to decompose into "pseudoplesiosaur" forms, and their carcasses have been mistaken for "sea-monsters" many times in the past. Unfortunately, the results of scientific studies on the carcass data received less media attention than the early sensational reports, allowing widespread misconceptions about this case to continue circulating. Therefore, a thorough review of its history and the pertinent evidence is warranted.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.