Religion
 The Atheist Delusion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  11:03:49  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found a link to this parody video. Pretty funny!

The Atheist Delusion.

"Nothing frightens me more than religion at my door."

-John Cale

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  11:51:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poe's Law is in effect on that one. Its funny and also not funny in that it is so like the real thing the fundies wont know the difference.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  12:52:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just don't make the mistake I did and start reading the comments.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

dv82matt
SFN Regular

760 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  16:05:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dv82matt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by maledoro

I found a link to this parody video. Pretty funny!

The Atheist Delusion.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that one before but it was well worth watching again.

Another good parody in the same vein is The Dawkins Delusion.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  17:24:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nicely done. Poe's Law indeed. Those are exactly the real fundy theist arguments. They are simply presented so starkly that the result is hilarious.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.