New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  07:46:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

[quote]Originally posted by chaloobi

[quote]Originally posted by pleco

If you are fundy-atical, substitute "very bad men like G. W. Bush" for "very bad men like Richard Dawkins".

There's very bad and then there's very bad. Dawkins might be an evil atheist but he hasn't, to my knowledge, gone around starting wars for whimsical reasons resulting in tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of unnecessary, violent & untimely deaths. Nor does he go around denying health care to children, for extreme ideological reasons, while at the same time claiming a strong committment to Jesus H. Christ who, by any reasonable account, would strongly disapprove were he to actually exist as worshipped.

What, my point you ask? Just that GW is far more evil in a practical, hands-on sense than Dawkins.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  07:57:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chaloobi

If you are fundy-atical, substitute "very bad men like G. W. Bush" for "very bad men like Richard Dawkins".

There's very bad and then there's very bad. Dawkins might be an evil atheist but he hasn't, to my knowledge, gone around starting wars for whimsical reasons resulting in tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of unnecessary, violent & untimely deaths. Nor does he go around denying health care to children, for extreme ideological reasons, while at the same time claiming a strong committment to Jesus H. Christ who, by any reasonable account, would strongly disapprove were he to actually exist as worshipped.

What, my point you ask? Just that GW is far more evil in a practical, hands-on sense than Dawkins.

Ah, but what about The Prophecy?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  08:46:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ah, but what about The Prophecy?

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  09:02:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Sorry, I was just kidding around - if you haven't seen that South Park episode - Richard Dawkins is responsible for a future war.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 10/04/2007 09:02:32
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  09:58:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh. Ok. I read the synopsis but it doesn't specifically say it was Dawkins who did it. Or if it does, I missed it.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  10:00:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gotta read the synopsis for the second part of that story.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  10:48:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  23:20:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by HalfMooner

I'll take my spiritual advice from someone who keeps their ear hair trimmed, thank you.

Heh, name one grand master spiritualist that does that. Jesus doesn't count, since he was perfect and had no ear hair.
Okay, I admit it, you stumped me more effectively than a Civil War battlefield surgeon.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds.