Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  06:23:38  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Al Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize which is very cool.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  06:57:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about that! This prize will go far in helping to legitimize the fight against MMGW.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  07:12:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Let me guess, he will fly out in his private jet to pick up the reward award. And also maybe pick up a few "carbon credits" at the 7/11 on his way out to apease his consensus. This guy is a clown and has turned the whole MMGW debate into his own three ring circus.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  07:15:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just paid a visit to the Freepers, and guess what; nary a word on Gore's Nobel.

If I hadn't been having a problem with my idiot computer, Kil'd not have beaten me to this thread,

Al rocks! But I too, don't think he'll run. He's doing what he thinks is most useful with his life.

And I have a question: would a Nobel, as prestigious as it is, really make a difference in the way people vote?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 10/12/2007 07:20:34
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  07:16:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gore and the thousands of scientists working on the IPCC report. Don't forget them.

But now the gol-durned lib'ruls are never gonna shut up about Gore.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  07:18:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

Originally posted by Kil

Let me guess, he will fly out in his private jet to pick up the reward award. And also maybe pick up a few "carbon credits" at the 7/11 on his way out to apease his consensus. This guy is a clown and has turned the whole MMGW debate into his own three ring circus.
Sour grapes, Bill?

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  07:24:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good for him...about time he got something since he had the presidency stolen.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  07:43:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[i]Originally posted by filthy

Sour grapes, Bill?

Maybe? I wouldn't mind having my own private jet to hop scotch the globe in. Not mention having the money to be able to afford the fuel that thing burns.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  08:59:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

[i]Originally posted by filthy

Sour grapes, Bill?

Maybe? I wouldn't mind having my own private jet to hop scotch the globe in. Not mention having the money to be able to afford the fuel that thing burns.

Me too, but the lack of it doesn't worry at me much. I refuse to fly anyway, but the cash would be nice. As I am not familiar with Gore's itinerary, I can't comment on whether his airplane trips are frivolous or not.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  16:20:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This guy is a clown and has turned the whole MMGW debate into his own three ring circus.
No, Bill, it's the far right demagogues who have done that. Now-- instead of real discussion-- ditto-heads and Fox News junkies can listen to the "scientists" from the Exxon-Mobile-funded think tanks dissemble about how the solar system is warming or whatever, and the uneducated will fall in lock step and parrot their lies.

Just look back at the discussions with Jerome and see how lies and obfuscation don't stand up to objective data.

Did Gore and Co. deserve the Peace Prize? I don't know. But do they all deserved the crap they're getting from the right? Hardly. Indeed, it speaks volumes for Gore's message that they all go so hard after him with such miserable lies.
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  17:58:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

Good for him...about time he got something since he had the presidency stolen.
Yeah, because he has nothing, poor guy.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  21:52:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

Yeah, because he has nothing, poor guy.
Now there are some sour grapes.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  02:04:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of sour grapes:
Conservatives reacted to the long-awaited news this morning that Al Gore has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize with mocking derision. For those on the right, the decision to confer the prize to the former vice-president and U.N.'s climate change panel for their efforts to increase awareness of global warming represents the further politicization of what has traditionally been viewed as a prestigious award.

"So now 'Algore' will join Yasir Arafat among the list of noble Nobel peace laureates," Rush Limbaugh said with much sarcasm at the top of his broadcast today. The Norwegian committee, Limbaugh said, has "rendered themselves a pure, 100 percent joke."
What these ignorant wankers fail to realize is that the Nobel Committee is a private institution. They can give the award to anyone they please. Or perhaps they do realize it but think that they should have a place in the boardroom, even though they are barely competent enough to drool into a microphone.

And the Republican presidential contenders lack the grace to even comment at all. Looking at the field, I am unsuprised.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  04:38:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy
And the Republican presidential contenders lack the grace to even comment at all. Looking at the field, I am unsuprised.
Actually, McCain did. Thought it should have gone to some "Buddhist monks who are suffering and dying in Burma." I don't think he knows that it's not a Pity Prize. Idiot.
Edited by - Cuneiformist on 10/13/2007 05:47:39
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  06:45:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

Originally posted by filthy
Actually, McCain did. Thought it should have gone to some "Buddhist monks who are suffering and dying in Burma." I don't think he knows that it's not a Pity Prize. Idiot.
Aung Sun Suu Kyi already has one.

McCain is staggering along on his last legs; no money, little credibility. Now it looks like he's succumbed to Ratchet Jaw Syndrom.

Not a single congratulation from any of them. No pride that an American recieved this honorable award. These people have no grace; no soul; no honor, and no vision beyond their own picayune ambitions.

A fool may be known by six things: anger, without cause; speech, without profit; change, without progress; inquiry without object; putting trust in a stranger, and mistaking foes for friends. ~~ Arab proverb.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  10:19:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder which was the last previous winner of the Nobel peace Prize that Limbaugh and his ilk would applaud? Probably have to go back to Teddy Roosevelt. Nope, they'd probably think his trust-busting activity made him a Commie.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds.