Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  20:14:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Chippewa
Its good that you did not end up like your namesake!

Right now it's starting to feel that the asylum is my destination.

I'm about 54 hours into kicking my Tramadol-habit. The time piece says about 3:50am and I can't sleep. Head is throbbing with high pitched noise similar to tinnitus, but instead of a clean tone it's like pink noise with a peak somewhere around 16kHz. I'm shivering and sweating, and as soon as I try to lay still on bed to doze off, I get itching all over and a forceful need to twitch. I did get 6 hours sleep last night though.

I really hope this starts to give soon. In another hour, my girlfriend gets out of bed to prepare for work. Two hours from now, she'll be leaving.
There's a bottle of Scotch in the cabinet under the TV, I wonder if a double night cap will help me doze off... Until then, I think I'll watch another episode of Battlestar Galactica. I started watching the new series a fortnight ago, and I'm halfway through season 2.

Too bad Painkiller Jane the series isn't as good as the pilot movie. Jane isn't as good looking, and I can't for my life figure out why they changed her occupation from military to FBI. It's much easier to accept a grunt to be a glutton for punishment...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 02/10/2008 20:16:52
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  06:44:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Needed a bigger boat

Roy Scheider, 1932-2008

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  07:29:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I liked Roy Scheider's acting. What a terrible disease he died of. From what I've read, multiple myeloma can be very painful.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/11/2008 07:47:54
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  07:40:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

...Roy Schneider's...
Careful with that N. You'll get him mixed up with Rob Schneider.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  07:48:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not any more, thanks.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/11/2008 07:48:34
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  19:33:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just started watching Galactica season 3. I got four 1.5 hours shut-eye after my girlfriend went to work.

Keeping busy and full of caffeine helps me cope. This evening I spoke to the Astronomy Club about the current STS-122 mission: the Space Shuttle delivering an ESA-constructed research/laboratory module to the International Space Station.
Interesting stuff.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  07:50:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Imperative Day!

It is "March Forth!"

...er, "fourth." Damned homonyms.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  14:35:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A "What's This Thing" challenge to our members: whoever is first to correctly identify this thing gets a cookie.

(Edited to add "correctly.")

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  15:40:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like a "skid-pan"(sp?) a test driving range for lerners, for practicing driving on low-friction roads. The large "field" is not just tarmac, but it can be treated with rubber. Then the area is sprayed with water making the surface slippry.

In Sweden, driving on a skid-pan is mandatory for getting a driving licence.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  15:44:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, by "what's this thing," I actually meant the whole site, including the large loop to the west and the dirt track to the southeast.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  15:49:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The tarmaced loop should be for accelerating the car until you get to the manoeuvre-field. I would have guessed the dirt loop is for learning how to handle fast dirt road turns. The same for the dirt track to the SE.

Edited:
The loop is peculiarly circular... Are you sure they haven't hidden a cyclotron under that road?

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 03/04/2008 15:56:54
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  18:30:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

The loop is peculiarly circular... Are you sure they haven't hidden a cyclotron under that road?
That's why I want to know just what the heck it is. And why I can't give you the prize for your guess.

(So far as I know, nobody in the States is required to do skid-pad runs to get a regular driver's license. The most strenuous thing we're usually asked to do is parallel park. Oh, and 20-something years ago there were counties in California that required you to be able to get a motorcycle back on its wheels - from on its side - in order to get a motorcycle license.)

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  20:24:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

A "What's This Thing" challenge to our members: whoever is first to correctly identify this thing gets a cookie.

(Edited to add "correctly.")

Looks like a magnifying glass and a tea-spoon to me...

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  20:29:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing super collider.

Edited to say; Never mind. It's in Canada... I haven't a clue...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  20:50:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a super collider in Canada?

The thing I pointed to is just south of Superior, Michigan, 49715.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.33 seconds.