Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  09:16:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone else hates Time-Warner Cable, and took out a full-page ad to demonstrate his loathing.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  10:00:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Someone else hates Time-Warner Cable, and took out a full-page ad to demonstrate his loathing.
Seems he had better luck than I did with TW! I should get around to writing an addendum to my Time Warner report. There is no Time Warner in my home anymore. None. My internet is supplied by Verizon and my TV is now Direct. And the upshot is I now pay less for better service!

I can't tell you how good it felt to take all of the TW equipment and drop it on the desk of our local TW office.

I did have a slowing thing going on with my DSL and it took Verizon a month to work out the problem. But I have to say, no one lied to me. They gave me a direct line to the department so I never had to go through an automated push button maze to get to a live person. And by process of elimination, they fixed the problem. And while doing so, they gave me a dedicated line for my DSL which means It's faster than It was before the problem started. And that wasn't even the problem. They also gave me a new modem.

A month may seem like a long time to get the problem fixed, but that really had more to do with how often I called than there honest attempts to fix it.

Time Warner would have lied to me over and over again, because that's how they roll. I know.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  04:38:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

[quote]I can't tell you how good it felt to take all of the TW equipment and drop it on the desk of our local TW office.

Putting it that why you have. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2011 :  04:23:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So Kil, was dish not available back when you were being tortured by tw or was it? SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 05/29/2011 04:24:48
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  13:53:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, Kil! Looks like two Starfleet captains are feeling your pain:

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  14:41:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Hey, Kil! Looks like two Starfleet captains are feeling your pain:

Awesome! Is there a way to attach that conversation to my Kil Report?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  02:01:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We don't have a water cooler.

Haha, best part of that article by far.

The best thing to do is call back after every call and confirm they entered all your info correctly.

It's pretty annoying when your TV doesn't work, but many years ago while I was at university I had the unpleasant part time job of receiving calls from people who's alarm systems were not working, and either had to remain at work until an engineer could attend and they were able to set the alarm, or, even worse, someone's home alarm was going off uncontrollably, usually at night and they had to put up with the noise until an engineer got there. Sometimes it was 1 engineer on duty overnight and they were made to work long shifts. If they took themselves off call, or didn't answer their phones, you literally couldn't help anyone calling in. Lying doesn't really help because they just call back even more angry. You should always be polite but sometimes when you're just trying to make a living and someone is so aggressive right off the bat it's hard to not match their tone.
"We don't have a water cooler", made me laugh because it's is the kind of thing I would have said. It's not overtly rude, but there's just something funny to me about the neutrality and irrelevance of the comment given the context.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  14:43:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

The best thing to do is call back after every call and confirm they entered all your info correctly.

In the beginning, who would have thought that they weren't entering the info? But if you noticed, there was a point when they read back to me the correct number to call. And yet the field tech used the old number. So somehow, they were using more than one system that didn't cross check or didn't auto update when new information was given to them. Beats me how they accomplished that?

And yeah. I can take a wait. But the lies? Flat out lies? Nope. They keep sending me offers for pretty good deals take them back. I never will.

Direct is now bundled with Verizon. So my land line, DSL and TV are all discounted. And they always pretty much work!!!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  20:06:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still better to call back speak to a different person and make sure everything was entered into the log. Kind of baffling how they continued to have no record of so many things.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2015 :  16:49:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This came to my by way of Dave W..

SNL Head Writer Colin Jost Tears Down Time Warner Cable over Twitter

Very, very few people like their cable providers, and in factTime Warner Cable is America's worst company.

The mounting frustration let Saturday Night Live head writer and Weekend Update co-host Colin Jost to unleash his hate on Twitter June 17.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.