David Icke: King of Conspiracists
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Piltdown
Skeptic Friend

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  12:57:09  Show Profile  Send Piltdown an AOL message  Send Piltdown a Yahoo! Message Send Piltdown a Private Message
We last heard of David Icke when somebody asked a question about him on the old forum. Icke never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like. He is making a handsome living from it, by all indications.

http://www.davidicke.net/tellthetruth
Some of these are traditional secret society type theories that have been around since the 19th century, with updates courtesy of the John Birch Society. Others are more recent, including a lot of attention to Holocaust denial, satanic ritual abuse, and the Great Hemp Conspiracy. That Icke-ists are interested in hemp does not surprise me, for some reason.

Icke has managed a few original contributions, very original indeed. He claims that the US government is in cahoots with reptilian aliens from the 4th dimension, and is allowing them to kidnap humans for food in return for advanced 4d lizard-critter technology. He gets this information through a telepathic link with these 4d lizards.

The Skeptic Dictionary had this comment about him: www.skepdic.com/illuminati.html
quote:
There was a time when a man who claimed to be in contact with alien reptiles would have been shunned by the world. In today's open society, such a man is as likely to become a cult hero, guest lecturer at universities, or an author featured on talk shows, as he is to be committed to an asylum.

Abducting UFOs and conspiring against conspiracy theorists since 1980.

Edited by - Piltdown on 03/18/2002 13:01:22

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  13:30:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

We last heard of David Icke when somebody asked a question about him on the old forum

Icke has managed a few original contributions, very original indeed. He claims that the US government is in cahoots with reptilian aliens from the 4th dimension, and is allowing them to kidnap humans for food in return for advanced 4d lizard-critter technology

D, I mentioned him very recently in another folder but didn't know how to spell his name.
And his 'new' idea is not so original unless he's the one who wrote the script for the TV movie 'V'(on a few years ago, will have to look up exact date) because that was the plot of it. Only those lizzards came from another planet-in space ships. They are disguised as humans(which btw, Icke says they also do-you have to look into ones eyes to know if they are lizzards or not) In the movie they are not from the 4th dimension, if that makes a difference. Gee, maybe his story is more orginal!

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Go to Top of Page

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  13:53:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
quote:

And his 'new' idea is not so original unless he's the one who wrote the script for the TV movie 'V'(on a few years ago, will have to look up exact date) because that was the plot of it.

I think alien lizards disguised as humans predate the 'V' tv-series.[/quote]

Edited by - Piltdown on 03/18/2002 15:33:17
Go to Top of Page

Piltdown
Skeptic Friend

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  15:35:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Piltdown an AOL message  Send Piltdown a Yahoo! Message Send Piltdown a Private Message
YIKES!!!
Lars, I accidentally edited your post while attempting to respond. Many, many humble apologies. Is there a chance you saved it or could otherwise repost? Again, I am very sorry for this.

Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  23:00:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

I think alien lizards disguised as humans predate the 'V' tv-series.

[/quote]
Oh, no doubt. In fact as I posted that I was trying to think of some others but that's a very close example and a more recent one. At least it shows that he (Icke) is not a genius when it comes to ideas. In case anyone should idolize him.

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Go to Top of Page

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  06:01:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
quote:

YIKES!!!
Lars, I accidentally edited your post while attempting to respond. Many, many humble apologies. Is there a chance you saved it or could otherwise repost? Again, I am very sorry for this.

Well it was not very important anyway. I was just saying that I liked the 'V' tv-series because it actually had a plot, it had Freddy Krueger and it was a rare example of good 'hard sci-fi'. The aliens were silly, but human nature was portaited frightingly realistic.

I mentinoed, that in my eyes 'V' was a thinly disguised slap in the face of anybody, who thinks that something like the Nazi takeover in Germany could
'never happen again' or 'not happen to us'.

I also found it ironic that it was being connected to such a nut as Icke, because in the movie the aliens themselves use conspiracy theories to take over the world.

Go to Top of Page

JRB

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  10:17:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JRB a Private Message
Icke's latest book (I think) is called Children of the Matrix - one guess as to what "theme" he's borrowing from now?

I had a friend who is really into Ickey-babe. After endless discussions, some lasting 'til 4 in the morning, and trying to instill some kind of rational thinking, I gave up. The final straw was when she said to me "nothing happens by accident."
EVERYTHING that happens in the world has been instigated by the NWO, Illuminati, 4d Lizards, etc.
I happened to page thru a couple of his books - one of his claims is that the US Government is some kind of satanistic, baby-killing, blood-drinking cabal.
His proof?
A: The street layout of Washington D.C. can form a pentagram shape.
There's also lots of other shapes there, but they are conveniently ignored.
Once when I was over my former friends house, she put one of his videos on (only $19.99! get them while they last!!).
He was basically doing a slide show presentation for the camera - there was no audience - this wasn't from a convention or anything.
Anyway, he shows a slide of the side of a pyramid in Central/South America, and claims that there is no way humans could have put these ~800 lb blocks of stone in place.
*Next slide*
Well, Ickey-babe says it can't be done, so I guess it can't. [rolleyes]
This guys "arguments" are ridiculous.

"Dear God. We paid for all this stuff ourselves, so thanks for nothing."
~Bart Simpson saying grace
Go to Top of Page

Xev
Skeptic Friend

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  10:48:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Xev an ICQ Message Send Xev a Private Message
Bwah! 'V'...wonderful movie to get some friends together and mistie, utter camp!

Piltdown:
quote:
That Icke- ists are interested in hemp does not surprise me, for some reason.

Methinks they are on stronger drugs than pot....and ought to be on drugs stronger still (read: Thorazine).

quote:
Icke has managed a few original contributions, very original indeed. He claims that the US government is in cahoots with reptilian aliens from the 4th dimension, and is allowing them to kidnap humans for food in return for advanced 4d lizard-critter technology. He gets this information through a telepathic link with these 4d lizards.

Hmm, they told him?

Oh well, so long as he dosen't find the truth about Cthulhu and our rituals in Sunken R'leth....

Interestingly enough, Opera has his site automatically bookmarked.....under 'humor'. Really.

Ecrasez l'infame
-Voltaire
Go to Top of Page

James
SFN Regular

USA
754 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  11:05:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send James a Yahoo! Message Send James a Private Message
quote:
EVERYTHING that happens in the world has been instigated by the NWO...

Those two idiots? They couldn't wrestle their way...oops, wrong NWO. *blush*

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your common sense." -Buddha
Go to Top of Page

NottyImp
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
143 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2002 :  05:03:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send NottyImp a Private Message
I imagine somebody has already mentioned this, but David Icke used to be a sports commentator over here in Britain. He wasn't very good at that, either.

I've just discovered that before that he was a professional footballer, playing in goal for Coventry City and Hereford United. A 'keeper, you see: explains it, as they're
all as mad as toast.

"Be realistic, demand the impossible" - graffiti from Paris, May 1968.

Edited by - NottyImp on 03/22/2002 06:21:42
Go to Top of Page

Donnie B.
Skeptic Friend

417 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2002 :  11:00:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Donnie B. a Private Message
Heheh... kind of like field-goal kickers in American football... :)

-- Donnie B.

Brian: "No, no! You have to think for yourselves!" Crowd: "Yes! We have to think for ourselves!"
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2002 :  00:14:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
[quote]
I imagine somebody has already mentioned this, but David Icke used to be a sports commentator over here in Britain. He wasn't very good at that, either.

I've just discovered that before that he was a professional footballer, playing in goal for Coventry City and Hereford United. A 'keeper, you see: explains it, as they're
all as mad as toast.
[/quote]
Sorry I don't understand your expression of 'keeper' but that doesn't matter because Icke being a sports person explains a lot. At least if he's anything like the ones here. Not many are very bright.

If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?

Go to Top of Page

andysnape

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2002 :  04:24:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit andysnape's Homepage  Send andysnape a Yahoo! Message Send andysnape a Private Message
I thought he said the aliens were from the lower fifth.

I remember when he first came to prominence. He was a sports reporter on UK TV (BBC I think) and he suddenly started wearing turquoise shell-suits and claiming to be the Son of God. The he recanted and admitted to being a bit insane. He used to play professional football (soccer for the yanks) in England, and was the No.2 goalkeeper for the Northern Ireland national team.
Does anyone else think he sounds a bit like Rael; a former motor racing driver-turned sports journalist who now claims to be a prophet in contact with aliens.
Watch out for the new rleigious movements to be founded by Terry Bradshaw and Andy Townsend (ex-English footballer).
quote:

We last heard of David Icke when somebody asked a question about him on the old forum. Icke never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like. He is making a handsome living from it, by all indications.

http://www.davidicke.net/tellthetruth
Some of these are traditional secret society type theories that have been around since the 19th century, with updates courtesy of the John Birch Society. Others are more recent, including a lot of attention to Holocaust denial, satanic ritual abuse, and the Great Hemp Conspiracy. That Icke-ists are interested in hemp does not surprise me, for some reason.

The Skeptic Dictionary had this comment about him: www.skepdic.com/illuminati.html
quote:
There was a time when a man who claimed to be in contact with alien reptiles would have been shunned by the world. In today's open society, such a man is as likely to become a cult hero, guest lecturer at universities, or an author featured on talk shows, as he is to be committed to an asylum.

Edited by - Piltdown on 03/18/2002 13:01:22

Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2003 :  23:54:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by andysnape

I thought he said the aliens were from the lower fifth.

The evidence is in, there ARE lizzard people.
Have you ever taken a good look at certain people?
Mrs. A. Schwarzenegger, Angele Joelie(those eyes..look like lizzard for sure and what's with that mouth, looks like someone slugged her and the swelling hasn't gone down), and Julia Roberts(another mouth that could catch flys and that laugh? It's just not normal) all have strange non human features.
And I'm not so sure about P. Bush either, he's out there in space somewhere but his speech is not human.
So don't tell me there aren't creatures from elsewhere. They are amoung us.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.