The would-be martyr
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  18:06:36  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I completely missed out on this story as it was unfolding.
For several hours on December 17, conservatives announced that their darkest fears of persecution had been realized. A pious student had been beaten by liberal brownshirts simply for speaking out in favor of traditional morality. If the student were gay or black, conservatives reasoned, the entire student body would have erupted in massive protests. Instead, the administration stood silently to the side. Princeton graduate and conservative writer Michael Fragoso told the Sun, "There would rightly be outrage had the student been part of some other minority on campus."

At last, an incident surfaced that proved what movement figures had long maintained: campus conservatives are a minority that suffers far harsher oppression than the blacks, Latinos and gays who form the "politically correct" vanguard of liberal identity politics.

But on the night of December 17, as the conservative firestorm was being whipped to a frenzy, there was another development...
Read the whole thing, it's fascinating.

But before you do, try to guess how the conservatives reacted when they learned their "firestorm" was over nothing. If you guessed "admitted they made a mistake and apologized for being incindiary," you'd be wrong.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  23:30:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The hack NeoCon "pundits" who pretended to get all outraged about the alleged attack seem to have a "use him, then lose him" attitude to the pathetic, masochistic hoaxer, Francisco Nava.

By pretending they'd said nothing stupid just hours earlier, and hoping the memories of the public would be brief, they show their contempt for the very people they intended to fool.

Now Mr. Nava, who clearly needs help, will probably find nobody who so much as admits knowing him amongst his erstwhile "conservative" and fundamentalist friends.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  03:48:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Holy mack'l Andy!

I'd read a brief article on it but just put it down to college kids being idiots again. I didn't follow it up and so hadn't realized the implications nor the involvement of the staff.

Is this what ‘moral & upright' conservatives consider proper behavior? Is this what they teach students under their tutelage? I hope not, but the evidence is mounting.

The sheer magnitude of the hypocrisy is astounding -- more so in that Princeton is one of the nations better schools. Einstein would weep.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.