Politics
 The end of Ron Paul
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  12:36:52  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, just wow.
Link to article on Paul's disgusting record.

The free press works slowly sometimes, but thankfully is does work sometimes, great read.

[Fixed link - Dave W.]

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  23:41:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've been reading this throughout the day.

I have to say that my opinion of Ron Paul hass changed today. I'd no longer consider voting for him in the remote chance that he became the republican nominee.

Link to article with links to several .pdf files.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  07:24:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link. I had no idea how nuts this guy really was. I've never supported any of his positions except the anti-Iraq War one, but I had no idea what a nutjob he his.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  07:35:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Almost makes Huckabee look like a reasonable guy.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  08:41:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Almost makes Huckabee look like a reasonable guy.
Huckabee's a creationist. That's enough for me all by itself.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  10:20:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apparently Ron Paul is distancing himself from this and the quotes were not from things he himself wrote:
From Ron Paul: January 8, 2008 5:28 am EST ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA - In response to an article published by The New Republic, Ron Paul issued the following statement: "The quotations in The New Republic article are not mine and do not represent what I believe or have ever believed. I have never uttered such words and denounce such small-minded thoughts. "In fact, I have always agreed with Martin Luther King, Jr. that we should only be concerned with the content of a person's character, not the color of their skin. As I stated on the floor of the U.S. House on April 20, 1999: 'I rise in great respect for the courage and high ideals of Rosa Parks who stood steadfastly for the rights of individuals against unjust laws and oppressive governmental policies.' "This story is old news and has been rehashed for over a decade. It's once again being resurrected for obvious political reasons on the day of the New Hampshire primary. "When I was out of Congress and practicing medicine full-time, a newsletter was published under my name that I did not edit. Several writers contributed to the product. For over a decade, I have publically taken moral responsibility for not paying closer attention to what went out under my name."
Of course I still go with the assessment that libertarians are for the wealthy and highly skilled/smart, and those people already have enough of an advantage over everyone else. I've also never understood the logic of a politician who is for practically getting rid of government and who argues that government institutions are inherently less efficient and more corrupt than private ones. If they really believe this, why would they be a politician?

chaloobi wrote:
Huckabee's a creationist. That's enough for me all by itself
So is Ron Paul. He has publicly denied acceptance of the theory of evolution.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  10:33:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by marfknox

chaloobi wrote:
Huckabee's a creationist. That's enough for me all by itself
So is Ron Paul. He has publicly denied acceptance of the theory of evolution.
All the more reason to treat him like he has the plague.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  17:14:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As usual, it took the big mainstream media like CNN some time to catch up with this matter.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Halcyon Dayz

Netherlands
27 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  06:37:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Halcyon Dayz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Texan born in the 1930s.

Who'd have thunk?

An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it. -- Don Marquis

"The universe is a strange, practically incomprehensible place. But that is how things are, and no amount of wishing that things are really the way we perceive them will change that." - The Black Cat
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  12:23:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the greatest of Texans, and there have been some great ones, wrote the following about Ron Paul in 1996:
Dallas' 5th District, East Texas' 2nd District and the amazing 14th District,which runs all over everywhere, are also in play. In the amazing 14th, Democrat Lefty Morris (his slogan is ''Lefty is Right!'') faces the Republican/Libertarian Ron Paul, who is himself so far right that he's sometimes left, as happens with your Libertarians. I think my favorite issue here is Paul's 1993 newsletter advising ''Frightened Americans'' on how to get their money out of the country. He advised that Peruvian citizenship could be purchased for a mere 25 grand. That we should all become Peruvians is one of the more innovative suggestions of this festive campaign season. But what will the Peruvians think of it?
That was the late Molly Ivins writing.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.