FOUR THOUSAND DEAD! Happy Easter!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  10:40:46  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is why I loathe the pack of cowardly scumbags that call themselves 'Congressional Democrats.' They have been in power for some 15 months and have done nothing, fucking NOTHING!, to end the useless & meaningless slaughter instigated by by the blatent lies of an incompentent president with the grand delusions of being a 'War President.' The pity of it is that it fails to show the rest of the Republican trash who enabled him, but I guess that would make the illustration too large.

A mosaic by Nico Pitney:

MISSION FUCKING ACCOMPLISHED!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/24/2008 10:50:52

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  12:12:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget the 11,000 mercenaries, I mean contractors, that died and the 50,000-300,000 dead Iraqis'

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  13:15:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Don't forget the 11,000 mercenaries, I mean contractors, that died and the 50,000-300,000 dead Iraqis'
And when you factor in the wounded, and the destruction to to the country, the sum becomes almost incalcuable.

And yet, the cheap thug that gave Bush the excuse to walks about with impunity. Y'know, sometimes I wonder about why that might be...

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  16:53:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

They volunteered, says Cheney.

Wrapping up a nine-day overseas trip to Iraq, Vice President Dick Cheney was asked, in an exclusive interview with ABC News, about the effect on the nation of today's grim milestone of at least 4,000 U.S. deaths over the five-year Iraq war.

Noting the burden placed on military families, the Vice President said the biggest burden is carried by President Bush, and reminded ABC news that the U.S. military in Iraq and Afghanistan volunteered for duty.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  18:24:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

They volunteered, says Cheney.

Wrapping up a nine-day overseas trip to Iraq, Vice President Dick Cheney was asked, in an exclusive interview with ABC News, about the effect on the nation of today's grim milestone of at least 4,000 U.S. deaths over the five-year Iraq war.

Noting the burden placed on military families, the Vice President said the biggest burden is carried by President Bush, and reminded ABC news that the U.S. military in Iraq and Afghanistan volunteered for duty.

Yeah. Oh yeah. And Cheney & Bush are heros of Vietnam.

However, I must agree; the biggest burden is indeed, carried by Bush: that of shame & guilt. Unfortunately, he is too stupid to feel it. Those troops vollenteered for duty, something Cheney wouldn't know anything about, but they didn't step up for a sociopath's real-life fantasy.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  10:41:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've encountered this argument before. The same guys that chant 'support the troops' as though 'troops' is interchangable with 'war' will reply to complaints about how fucked-over the troops are by saying 'hey, they volunteered.' The implied logic is 'I don't feel sorry for them, they got what they asked for.' Does this sound right to you? Because you volunteer for military service you anything the government does with you is fair game and you have no legitimate grounds to complain?

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  11:14:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chaloobi

I've encountered this argument before. The same guys that chant 'support the troops' as though 'troops' is interchangable with 'war' will reply to complaints about how fucked-over the troops are by saying 'hey, they volunteered.' The implied logic is 'I don't feel sorry for them, they got what they asked for.' Does this sound right to you? Because you volunteer for military service you anything the government does with you is fair game and you have no legitimate grounds to complain?
And it's a pretty damned, safe bet that those 'citizens' who spout that crap have never served nor ever would. They have "better things to do" than ever put their sorry ass' on the line for anything.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  12:37:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Originally posted by chaloobi

And it's a pretty damned, safe bet that those 'citizens' who spout that crap have never served nor ever would. They have "better things to do" than ever put their sorry ass' on the line for anything.

All hypocrasy aside, just becuase you're a volunteer soldier doesn't mean you don't have grounds to bitch because you're serving 15 month combat tours in a war that has proven to be started entirely on false pretenses. "Defend our country" does not equal invade & occupy Iraq for no defensible reason and with no realistic plan for success. Soldiers comit to following orders without question but the implicit quid pro quo is that the leadership is not willfully questionable. Bush et al have completely failed in their committment to provide competent leadership to the 'troops' and therefore the 'troops' have every right to bitch. IMHO, that is.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.