Humor
 No Ticket
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Risendemonx

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  11:10:58  Show Profile Send Risendemonx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How the Discovery Institute sees things:

Made this during my lunch break with nothing but low quality images and MS paint (God, I wish I had Photoshop!) If I were more talented, and had more time, and better software, I might have made a better one

Anyway, My apologies to PZ Meyers for puting him in a NAZI hat (although from what I hear about Expelled, they do the same thing...)

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move."
--
Douglas Adams, The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Edited by - Risendemonx on 03/24/2008 11:12:00

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  11:29:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you can't get Photoshop, try The GIMP.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  11:48:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On a related matter, here's DaveScot's laughable definition of RSVP.
Dawkins, Myers, and what R.S.V.P. means
DaveScot
R.S.V.P. is an abbreviation for the French “répondez s'il vous plaît” which means “please respond” and traditionally is appended on invitations so that the host knows who and how many guests to expect.

Richard Dawkins and PZ Myers are running around saying they weren't “gate crashers” at a pre-screening of “Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed”. But that's exactly what they were. PZ Myers claims he went through the same process to get a reservation for himself and a number of guests as all the other guests by going here

Expelled - RSVP System

The sticking point is that Myers was never invited. Myers RSVP'd to an invitation he never received. He fooled the host by gaming the invitation/response system employed. The host wasn't checking RSVPs against a list of invitations sent out but rather just assumed that any RSVP received was in response to an invitation sent out. One could possibly say this was due to Myers' ignorance of what RSVP means but he seems to be “As Smart as a 5th Grader” so that's not a credible excuse. The only other alternative is Myers' purposely and knowingly deceived the host which of course means Myers is dishonest. THAT is credible.
Someone is lying and I'd bet that it wasn't PZ. History tells us that apologetics and outright lying is what the DI does best, does it not?

Read on, it gets funnier.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Risendemonx

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  07:26:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Risendemonx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the tip Dave, i'll go check it out!

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move."
--
Douglas Adams, The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  18:50:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

If you can't get Photoshop, try The GIMP.

GIMP is great, and certainly my image editor of choice. Not only coz it's FOSS, but also because it's cross-platform.

For those that are Windows users, and looking for something a little simpler and more intuitive, try paint .net. It's also free.

John's just this guy, you know.
Edited by - JohnOAS on 03/27/2008 18:51:40
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.