Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Conspiracy Theories
 Mac-computer, part of an antichristian conspiracy?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  00:25:03  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
Apple is evil Pagan and anti-christian. At least acording to Richard Paley.

http://members.truepath.com/objective/propaganda.html

The worst part of this rant was that I thought at first that it was a hoax. They even had an add for christian actionfigures at the bottom. Unfortunetly he seems to be serious.

quote:

Apple Macintosh:

Hypnotically encased iMacs trick unsuspecting computer users into accepting Darwinism
However, these propagandists aren't just targeting the young. Take for example Apple Computers, makers of the popular Macintosh line of computers. The real operating system hiding under the newest version of the Macintosh operating system (MacOS X) is called... Darwin! That's right, new Macs are based on Darwinism! While they currently don't advertise this fact to consumers, it is well known among the computer elite, who are mostly Atheists and Pagans. Furthermore, the Darwin OS is released under an "Open Source" license, which is just another name for Communism. They try to hide all of this under a facade of shiny, "lickable" buttons, but the truth has finally come out: Apple Computers promote Godless Darwinism and Communism.

But is this really such a shock? Lets look for a moment at Apple Computers. Founded by long haired hippies, this company has consistently supported 60's counter-cultural "values". But there are even darker undertones to this company than most are aware of. Consider the name of the company and its logo: an apple with a bite taken out of it. This is clearly a reference to the Fall, when Adam and Eve were tempted with an apple2 by the serpent. It is now Apple Computers offering us temptation, thereby aligning themselves with the forces of darkness3.

This company is well known for its cult-like following. It isn't much of a stretch to say that it is a cult. Consider co-founder and leader Steve Jobs' constant exhortation through advertising (i.e. mind control) that its followers should "think different". We have to ask ourselves: "think different than whom or what?" The disturbing answer is that they want us to think different than our Christian upbringing, to reject all the values that we have been taught and to heed not the message of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Given the now obvious anti-Christian and cultish nature of Apple Computers, is it any wonder that they have decided to base their newest operating system on Darwinism? This just reaffirms the position that Darwinism is an inherently anti- Christian philosophy spread through propaganda and subliminal trickery, not a science as its brainwashed followers would have us believe.

ADDENDUM: It has been brought to my attention that the Darwin OS mentioned above now has a cartoon mascot (no doubt to influence children) named Hexley (pictured above) -- a platypus dressed as a devil who performs occult magic, i.e. hexes. They're not doing a very good job keeping their ties to the forces of darkness a secret, are they?

ADDENDUM II (4/20/2002): A reader has also brought to my attention that the aforementioned Atheist and anti-Christian Evolutionist Richard Dawkins -- who likes to compare religion to a virus -- has used Apple's Macintosh computers since they were introduced. In fact, his infamous anti-Creation polemic The Blind Watchmaker relied heavily on an argument based on software that he wrote using a Mac. He purported to have proved Evolutionism by making his Macintosh draw little squiggles -- or "biomorphs" as he called them -- that changed over "generations". (This of course begs the question: if it took a created machine running created software to make these squiggles, how then does that refute Creation?)

While I initially suspected that the Apple connection here was mere coincidence, I dug deeper into the issue -- luckily, we at Fellowship Baptist have an extensive research library that also includes a representative collection of anti-Christian hate literature which we use for just this sort of investigation -- and was shocked at what I found. In the 1996 edition of his book, Dawkins includes two appendices detailing his little program. The first (included in the original 1986 edition) is entitled "Blind Watchmaker: An Application for the Apple Macintosh Computer". The first illustration on the same page as the title shows a Mac window (similar to the Explorer windows seen in Microsoft's OS) and the rest of the appendix includes many screen shots from a Mac, a number of them even featuring the bitten apple logo. It gets even more perverse in the second appendix (added material from 1991) entitled "Computer Programs and 'the Evolution of Evolvability'" (infinite recursion like this is a sure sign of a flaw in a theory). Here he shows how he "evolved" the "inspired artefact with which all this work was done"... the word "Macintosh"!

At the end of the appendix he even encourages the reader to switch from IBM compatible computers to Macintoshes, saying that "you can exult in something of the feeling of liberation that may have attended evolution's great watershed events." What a ringing endorsement for Apple computers that is!

As you can see, The problem is much worse than we had originally thought as Apple has been aiding and abetting ardent Evolutionists like Dawkins since at least the mid 1980's.

ADDENDUM III (4/20/2002): Another reader (it has been busy today!) has informed me of another link between Apple and the forces of darkness that my initial research missed. Apparently the Darwin OS is not the original creation of Apple Computers but is instead based off of an older, obsolete OS called "BSD Unix". The child-indoctrinatingly-cute cartoon mascot of this OS is a devil holding a pitchfork (pictured above). This OS -- and its Darwin offspring -- extensively use what are called "daemons" (which is how Pagans write "demon" -- they are notoriously poor spellers: magick, vampyre, etc.) which is a program that hides in the background, doing things without the user's notice. If you are using a new Macintosh running OS X then you probably have these "daemons" on your computer, hardly something a good Christian would want! This clearly illustrates that not only is Macintosh based on Darwinism, but Darwinism is based on Satanism.

ADDENDUM IV (4/21/2002): Apparently anti-Christian zealots -- as well as shocked Christians who have unwittingly become Mac owners -- are linking to this article, which explains the large number of emails we have received on this topic. More clues have come in showing the dark nature of Apple Computers. According to one of our readers, the new MacOS X contains another Satanic holdover from the "BSD Unix" OS mentioned above; to open up certain locked files one has to run a program much like the DOS prompt in Microsoft Windows and type in a secret code: "chmod 666". What other horrors lurk in this thing?

Well I can only encourage the people out there beliving this nonsense to think different.

Edited by - Lars_h on 04/23/2002 01:10:55

Piltdown
Skeptic Friend

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  01:52:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Piltdown an AOL message  Send Piltdown a Yahoo! Message Send Piltdown a Private Message
For a wonder, it looks like they are serious. They also have a page demanding that the Landover Baptist parody be shut down. http://members.truepath.com/objective/index.html

Authority has every reason to fear the skeptic, for authority can rarely survive in the face of doubt.
-Robert Lindner
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  05:14:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Ain't he a trip?!

I've seen his Landover rant and it too, is a marvelous piece of hysteria.

The problem here is that Paley has a following just as deluded as himself and, like a malignent fungus, it grows, destroying any intellect in it's path.

f

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."

- Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Tokyodreamer
SFN Regular

USA
1447 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  07:21:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tokyodreamer a Private Message
It's a hoax, from everything I've heard.

Check out the META tag: <META name="generator" content="Our Lord Jesus Christ, Who hath generated all">

ROFL!

And don't forget to check out the 4 Kidz section! I think this about clinches the fact that this is a hoax site. (well, 99% sure )

------------

Truth above pride and ego; truth above all

Edited by - tokyodreamer on 04/23/2002 07:37:31
Go to Top of Page

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  08:45:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
quote:

Yes, that is what I thought, too.

Stuff like daemons are evil and the comment about "chmod 666" on a site running on Apache-Linux can't normally be taken serious.

In the progress section they describe how they changed the color of their anti-evil bear from purple to rainbow-colored because they did not want to be associated with homosexuals...

All that actually screams hoax. But then on other parts of the page they seriously describe old stuff like 'Pascals Wager' and their second law of thermodynamic misinterpretation.

If this is supposed to be a hoax it is a bit to subtle. Maybe they want to get as many real true believer to join their cause and fight against landover, only to reveal at the last moment that they fell for it.

Considering that there are still copies of the Onion Harry-Potter-and-Satanism article circulting as true their plans might not even be doomed yet.

I wonder what the slashdot-effect the site experienced will have on their plans and the finacial situation of truepath.com.

Go to Top of Page

Tokyodreamer
SFN Regular

USA
1447 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  09:06:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tokyodreamer a Private Message
There was an article recently about how AMD was evil and used child labor in sweatshops overseas (child labor making microprocessors?! Come on people, duh! ) and warning that if your kid wanted an AMD processor, that meant he or she wanted to become a hacker, and a bunch of other nonsense. It was obviously a parody, but people were still outraged because the site creators were also too subtle. It was very funny though.

[Found it, it's "Is Your Son a Computer Hacker?" http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2001/12/2/42056/2147 ]
------------

Truth above pride and ego; truth above all

Edited by - tokyodreamer on 04/23/2002 09:07:21

Edited by - tokyodreamer on 04/23/2002 09:14:11
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  22:45:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Well, there may be something to this. After all, I am a card carrying member of the Cult of Mac....

The Evil Skeptic

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.
Go to Top of Page

Igrokit

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  23:11:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Igrokit an AOL message  Send Igrokit a Yahoo! Message Send Igrokit a Private Message
Hmm...wish I had seen this before I had started a topic on it elswhere.

Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  00:00:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Yes, that is what I thought, too.

It does sound like a hoax. I don't know who Richard Paley is though, never heard of him.
But, I asure you there really are people out there who DO belive in evil and the devil and all that crap. I have personaly come in contact with them and it's no joke. LOL, well....not to them. And they can make life uncomfortable for you when they involve you up in their fantasies.

*Carabao forever.
-----------------
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Go to Top of Page

Igrokit

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  01:20:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Igrokit an AOL message  Send Igrokit a Yahoo! Message Send Igrokit a Private Message
Ok...its got to be a joke site. If you go over its Landover removal progress report...its basically got links to the other Landover projects. Including the hilarious http://www.whitehouse.org/

I think it has to be a Landover site...just trying to get more publicity for the Landover Baptist Church. And actually I wish them well. I have gotten better laughs tonight going over all this stuff, than I have in a good many moons :-).

Go to Top of Page

Xev
Skeptic Friend

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  14:05:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Xev an ICQ Message Send Xev a Private Message
Dunno, would not put it past the fundies to be that mental - but - I think hoax.

The references to Scripture work fine, but any non-believer with fundie-mental parents could do that.

One author's bio, though:

quote:
"Diamond" Jack Holgroth is a Game Theoretician formerly of the Department of Defense and currently teaching at Fellowship University. He is also a member of the National Association of Christian Game Theoreticians.
"Diamond" Jack Holgroth is a Game Theoretician who currently teaches a course in Advanced Game Theory for Theologians at Fellowship University. He served our country during the Cold War as a Game Theory Tactician for the Department of Defense and single-handedly developed an elegant solution to the "Fisherman's Quandary", a game theory problem that was crucial to the winning of the arms race and that was famously intractable - until Diamond Jack came along.

Favorite Passage From Scripture — Psalm 142

No such thing as the National Association of Christian Game Theoreticians.

No such thing as the 'Fisherman's Quandry'.

Last but not least, THERE IS NO FELLOWSHIP UNIVERSITY!

Very intricate hoax though. The folks at Landover must be laughing thier asses off.

- Cthulhu Saves! -
Go to Top of Page

Kaneda Kuonji
Skeptic Friend

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  14:34:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kaneda Kuonji a Private Message
I would hope that it is a hoax! Otherwise, these people have just proven their idiocy!!

Rodney Dean, CI Order of the Knights of Jubal
Ivbalis.org

Go to Top of Page

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  15:04:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
A very subtle parody, but I guess they had to be subtle to get truepath.com to host their site for free.

Or does anyone here think that they could mange to get a a little bit more blatant parody hosted by serious Christians for free?

Not that I am advocating such a thing.

I wonder how long they will be able to keep their site hosted. Maybe as a result of this some of the more lunatic idiots out there won't be accepted by their peers anymore because everyone thinks they are fake.

Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  16:11:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
It's a parody all right. I mean sheesh, the Bazooka Jesus alone is a tip off. The keywords in the META tags are as silly as the generator tag. They obviously are trying to lure a certain breed with them: name="keywords" content="God, Jesus, creation, creationism, evolutionism, dinosaur, man, moon, eye, Darwin, irreducible complexity, flood, thermodynamics, second law"

Their email accounts and other contact info seem set up to obfuscate the meaning of the site as much as possible.

Some of the ads are funny as well. And what about that Aquatic Ape theory? LOL

@tomic

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!
Go to Top of Page

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  17:48:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
quote:

Some of the ads are funny as well.

This were the line truly begins to blur.

I am not sure that all of the ads are actually fake.

The banner add is served by zapatopi.net "Serving the Paranoid Since 1997". They probably are the original purpotators of the hoax. And some of the sites that it points to appear to be hoaxes as well.

However others seem to be unrelated sites by people who are quite serious about their idiocy. Bibleman, Ed Conrad "Man is as old as coal." and the Dinosaur adventureland appear to be genuine at least.

The funniest banner in the rotation was their own. The Anti-Lie Bear warning people not to be decieved.

http://members.truepath.com/objective/alad.gif

Go to Top of Page

Igrokit

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2002 :  16:13:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Igrokit an AOL message  Send Igrokit a Yahoo! Message Send Igrokit a Private Message
How about the people trying to rebuild Noah's arc? Are they phony also?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.