Media Issues
 Frontline Reno
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Igrokit

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2002 :  16:38:34  Show Profile  Send Igrokit an AOL message  Send Igrokit a Yahoo! Message Send Igrokit a Private Message
Not sure where this belongs. I guess here is as good as anywhere else. Hope I am not just saying what somebody else said.

Anyway, it looks like tonight's Frontline is going to be about Janet Reno and her pre Clinton years as a prosecutor, specializing in child defense...going after those accused of sexually assaulting children from recovered memory. Or at least that is how the show's teaser made it sound.

I must make a note to watch that tonight.

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  02:31:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

Not sure where this belongs. I guess here is as good as anywhere else. Hope I am not just saying what somebody else said.

Anyway, it looks like tonight's Frontline is going to be about Janet Reno and her pre Clinton years as a prosecutor, specializing in child defense...going after those accused of sexually assaulting children from recovered memory. Or at least that is how the show's teaser made it sound.

I must make a note to watch that tonight.

Wow, what a coincidence, I just finished watching it. I taped it while I was at school.
Nothing new, if you've heard the story before. Pretty much about hysterics and how the system manipulates people to get the convictions.
What a bitch that Reno is. Well perhaps I should just say, over zellous.
Don't want anyone knocking on my door.

*Carabao forever.
-----------------
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Go to Top of Page

Igrokit

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  16:14:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Igrokit an AOL message  Send Igrokit a Yahoo! Message Send Igrokit a Private Message

[/quote]
Wow, what a coincidence, I just finished watching it. I taped it while I was at school.
Nothing new, if you've heard the story before. Pretty much about hysterics and how the system manipulates people to get the convictions.
What a bitch that Reno is. Well perhaps I should just say, over zellous.
Don't want anyone knocking on my door.

*Carabao forever.
-----------------
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
[/quote]

Hmm..kind of wish I had taped it now. The thing that was new to me...was just how far these "doctors" went in convincing these kids that abuse happend. That video of the two adults pressuring the kid, that perhaps they had been hypnotized not to remember the abuse. It was mind boggling.

I have not been a fan of Reno. But even I did not realize how far she had gone to get those convictions.

Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  20:58:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

Hmm..kind of wish I had taped it now. The thing that was new to me...was just how far these "doctors" went in convincing these kids that abuse happend. But even I did not realize how far she had gone to get those convictions.

Here in Los Angeles, they used to show Frontline twice, I think on Sunday night. You might check your listings, but perhaps they'll repete it later in the season.
I thought I saw a similar show on Dateline or the like. Yes I was surprised to find out about Reno then too.
Yes and those so called doctors, you just can't trust anybody. When they are on a mission they will do anything,Huh?

*Carabao forever.
-----------------
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.