Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Physiofly
Skeptic Friend

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  19:34:55  Show Profile Send Physiofly a Private Message
Paula Zahn interview with John Edward for CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/10/john.edward.cnna/index.html

Unlike Larry King who gushed over Edward, Paula Zahn at least asked a few critical questions. Edward, of course, spouted out the usual dribble in response. Now he claims his abilities have been validated by Dr. Gary Schwartz and even agrees that there are indeed charlatan mediums, but not him of course.

"Men are so simple and so much inclined to obey immediate needs that a
deceiver will never lack victims for his deceptions." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  21:26:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

Paula Zahn interview with John Edward for CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/10/john.edward.cnna/index.html

Unlike Larry King who gushed over Edward, Paula Zahn at least asked a few critical questions. Edward, of course, spouted out the usual dribble in response. Now he claims his abilities have been validated by Dr. Gary Schwartz and even agrees that there are indeed charlatan mediums, but not him of course.

I'm not even going to waste my time reading anything about Edwards but I just had to say,
'GODS' that man is so ugly. I stare at him like a traffic accident. What goes on in the mind of someone like that, knowing they are decieving people?
I happened to catch a few seconds of his show the other day while turning around the dial, and thought to myself, don't those people see he's not really saying anything? As Randi points out, psychics are asking rather then telling. If they really were communicating (with other worlds) they'd KNOW and not have to ask. WHY don't people realize that?

*Carabao forever.
-----------------
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease
to be amused.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2002 :  15:06:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message
I didn't see anything there that would constitute a tough question. In the past, Zahn has gotten all slobbery of Sylviz Browne. Now its John Edward. She's destroyed her credibility. If she said it was daytime, I'd go and look out a window. This interview proves she should leave news reporting to the grown-ups.
And you're Snake, that boy is butt-ugly.
Lisa

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
Go to Top of Page

Physiofly
Skeptic Friend

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2002 :  16:40:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Physiofly a Private Message
quote:
I didn't see anything there that would constitute a tough question.

You're right, the questions certainly weren't tough, but at least she asked to him to address his critics. Her major flaw was not taking him to task on his answers. But that would require being an investigative reporter, wouldn't it?

"Men are so simple and so much inclined to obey immediate needs that a
deceiver will never lack victims for his deceptions." - Niccolo Machiavelli
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.