Politically Incorrect Canceled
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  23:29:02  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
I suppose we all knew it was coming and now it's official. I am really going to miss that show even if Maher irritated me a lot.

@tomic

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Igrokit

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  00:30:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Igrokit an AOL message  Send Igrokit a Yahoo! Message Send Igrokit a Private Message
quote:

I suppose we all knew it was coming and now it's official. I am really going to miss that show even if Maher irritated me a lot.

@tomic

Well I am going to really miss the show. And I liked Maher. Bummer.

Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  08:31:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
I just liked the sarcasm - guess I'll have to find another.

---
...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young
Go to Top of Page

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  14:30:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
I enjoyed seeing the token theist take on the token freethinker. Guess I'll have to go elsewhere for my weekly religion-bashing. The Daily Show anyone?

Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.
-D. Hume
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  15:38:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
If there was one show I could watch, The Daily Show would be it.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  18:49:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Maybe PI will go back to Comedy Central where it was funnier and Maher wasn't nearly as big a jerk....

The Evil Skeptic

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  19:04:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
It would be the perfect follow-up to TDS sort of like it's the perfect follow-up to Nightline now.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2002 :  00:06:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

@tomic

That man (Bill Maher) is a pompous ass, possibly worse then Rush Limbaugh but less informed. I for one will not miss that show AT ALL. What ever ABC puts on won't be less entertaining. I hope! What with the state of intelligence of the public and the media heads, who knows, though.

*Carabao forever.
-----------------
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease
to be amused.
Go to Top of Page

Physiofly
Skeptic Friend

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2002 :  22:21:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Physiofly a Private Message
Bill Maher was on Larry King Live tonight. In case you missed it you can read the transcript here: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0205/24/lkl.00.html

The first half of the show was basically "What will you do now?" The really interesting comments, I thought, start about half way down.

"Men are so simple and so much inclined to obey immediate needs that a
deceiver will never lack victims for his deceptions." - Niccolo Machiavelli
Go to Top of Page

The SollyLama
Skeptic Friend

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  19:22:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send The SollyLama a Private Message
I hate to break it to you folks, but Bill Maher absolutely represents political correctness. He's so middle of the road, democrat liberal, I believe he's Hillary's long lost twin.
Only his guests ever had any balls. He hid behind radical guests with nothing of value to say.
This is a guy who tried (and consequently failed miserably) to take down Ted Nugent for being pro-gun, pro-hunting, pro-family, and pro-America.
Well, I'm all those things. Bill Maher is an effeminate, soft, urbanite, pampered sissy.
I don't agree with everything The Nuge says. But he represents me a helluva lot better than that nancy-boy Maher

Be your own god!
(First, and only, commandment of Sollyism)
Go to Top of Page

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  19:43:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
Maher was no fan of organized religion and he made that abundantly clear on his show. Even though I share many of his liberal opinions, I respect him for that alone.

Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.
-D. Hume
Go to Top of Page

Tokyodreamer
SFN Regular

USA
1447 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  13:18:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tokyodreamer a Private Message
quote:

Maher was no fan of organized religion and he made that abundantly clear on his show.

Unfortunately, he is also a big fan of (unorganized, I suppose) religion and the supernatural, which he also made abundantly clear on his show.

------------

I am the storm
Sent to wake you from your dreams
Show me your scorn
But you'll thank me in the end
Go to Top of Page

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  15:05:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Maher was no fan of organized religion and he made that abundantly clear on his show.

Unfortunately, he is also a big fan of (unorganized, I suppose) religion and the supernatural, which he also made abundantly clear on his show.

Granted, although I think Maher was enough of a deist that he rarely invoked supernatural explanations and "mysterious ways" nonsense. He criticised religion far more than he praised God. In any case, until skeptical atheism becomes acceptable in media personalities, I'll take what I can get.

-D. Hume
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.