New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2002 :  06:49:37  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
Several stories appeared today for a short time on the USA Today website. They where later removed and it was claimed that they were placed there by a hacker. But I think that it was just a coverup by Them after to much of the Truth was revealed.

The stories included:

Opps says the Pope; Christianity a Sham!
Something that most of us have known for some time.

Donald Rumsfeld: An American Beauty?
Claiming that the Secretary of Defense is homosexual.

And the cover story:

Bush proposes another new Cabinet post

Washington D.C. (AP) - Today, George W. Bush has proposed yet another cabinet level position. The Cabinet Minister for Propoganda and Popular Englightenment, will be setup to complement the recent addition of the department of Homeland Defense. It is reported that, if approved, Bush would appoint Dr. Joseph Goebbels to the post.

In recent weeks Tom Ridge has complained that his department has lacked the proper authority to keep terrorists from infiltrating the american mind. 95% of Americans, in a Gallop poll, agree that we have to do all we can to rid the country of terrorists, showing the public still strongly supports president Bush in his campaign against terrorism.

If the move is succesful, people close to the Whitehouse think there could be a turf war between Goebbels and White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer. Since September 11th, Fleischer has come to enjoy controling public opinion and has expressed dissatisfaction with the idea of a Popular Englightement Minister. There was a constant flow of customers buying everything.

Strychnos

6 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2002 :  10:06:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Strychnos a Private Message
I wish I'd seen them.

Go to Top of Page

Dr Shari
Skeptic Friend

135 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  09:58:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dr Shari a Private Message
There is no truth. There is no true history as it is written by the winners. I also do not believe in the idea of cover-ups or the ability of a person being so good at hacking they could think up these great ideas at place them on the inter-net USA Today Website. It was most likely an inside job by a disgruntled employee.

Death: The High Cost of Living
It is easier to get forgiveness then to get permission!
Go to Top of Page

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  12:37:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
quote:

There is no truth. There is no true history as it is written by the winners. I also do not believe in the idea of cover-ups or the ability of a person being so good at hacking they could think up these great ideas at place them on the inter-net USA Today Website. It was most likely an inside job by a disgruntled employee.

Inside Job? I doubt it. Defacments happen all the time and there is nothing extraordinary about this case, that suggests that it was done by an insider.

For an idea of how often such defacments hapen just take a look at the Alldas.org defacment archive.

I also do not actually belive in either the existance of Them or the Truth. The post was mostly supposed to be a joke about this funny if immanture hack.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.