Creation/Evolution
 "A challenge to atheists"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2002 :  16:41:48  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
Here's something; there's a message board at "Raputure Ready" message board. The topic I've url'ed in here is under "Apologetics". This is an anti-evolution statement. See how some are trying to defend science on that site (kind of the "kacey situation" in reverse, one or two atheists trying to take on a whole message-board of "kacey's"!

See: http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?s=c0e6c44def2f75390dba5f0ae78d1487&threadid=49411

Slater
SFN Regular

USA
1668 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  00:24:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Slater a Private Message
So if I'm walking along in a field, and I spot a pocket watch lying there it stands out because it is an artifact and not a natural object. How the Hell can creationists then take this to show that the natural world is an artifact of a creator if they have already conceded that you can easily spot the difference in an actual artifact in their argument?

And why aren't we allowed to just punch them in the nose and be done with it?

-------
I learned something ... I learned that Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Halloween. I guess they don't like strangers going up to their door and annoying them.
-Bruce Clark
There's No Toilet Paper...on the Road Less Traveled
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  05:23:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
Noticed that Evolvo has been converted to read only instead of citizen. What are christian web site messiahs afraid of? Are they afraid that someone employing reason, logic, and verifiable evidence may start a wave of rational thought and skepticism among their own Citizens. Clearly they can't have that.

I will have faith. My faith is strong. etc.
Those good ole reliable mantras should prevent any independent thinking. So they have nothing to fear but their god.

Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  18:49:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message
quote:
And why aren't we allowed to just punch them in the nose and be done with it?

Damnit man, I like your style!

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.
Go to Top of Page

welshdean
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  07:32:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send welshdean a Private Message
Those arsewipes at the rapture freakin ready board are the most closed minded biggotted fucks i have ever had the misfortune to wrangle with....rant rant rant!
I objected to a few ridiculous statements put forth in the URL above (see the_ignored's post) and posted accordingly, not rudely, just concisely! I gits meslf a warning! Then I started a thread http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51508 " target="_blank"> http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51508 (simply and politely asking the bible bashing fucks to explain a few things (Re noah,bible contadictions and evolution) and a fellow called martinm and I get abused throughout the thread. Next thing I AM MARKED AS A READ ONLY. Those uncharitable, godless (well they don't act like they obey their gods rules as i understand them) bastards mark me as read only. Twats!!!
I suggest each one of us take just 5mins and submit the most awkward, atheistic and argumentative posts they ever did see.

I believe in nothing; only my scepticism kept me from being an atheist.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  00:31:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Sorry welshdean, but in my opinion you were rude.

It one thing to ridicule the odd fundie appearing on a science, skeptic or atheist board asking for it, but you went to a christian board and attacked their faith, their holy book and called them fools.

True? Yes!
Nice? No!
Effective? Hardly!

"God-as revealed in his book of edicts and narratives is practically an idiot. He has nothing to say that any sensible person should want to listen to."
-- Johann Most
Go to Top of Page

NottyImp
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
143 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  04:41:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send NottyImp a Private Message
I think in many ways Martinm typified the approach to be taken with a calm, succint rebuttal of points made. Personally, I find life to be too short and too pressing to debate with creationists, but I enjoy a bit of a read over lunch.

"My body is a temple - I desecrate it daily."
Go to Top of Page

Trekkie

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  21:04:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trekkie a Private Message
Sometimes I wonder if it's worth bothering to contribute to creation-evolution discussions on those fundy sites. There seems to be a high mortality rate of registration status and board access among evolution supporters at most of them. The non-Christian sites are a lot more accepting of otehr points of view.

To boldly go...
Go to Top of Page

Dr Shari
Skeptic Friend

135 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  18:41:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dr Shari a Private Message
I wish to say to state right here and now that if all the self-rightgeous, fundamentalist Christians suddenly dissappear and all the things that are predicted in Revelation start to happen I will admit I was wrong. The problem is that as the "End Times" fail to appear the far right religous keep changing the story to fit the situation. Creationism is just as the Bible says it is. No arguement but as the end days fail to unfold exactly as predicted they twist the news to fit what they want. One day we will wake to hear that the rapture happened but just because people didn't just get taken up they will have a new Bibical interpretation. There is no hope of a true believer ever saying maybe he didn't get quite right.

Death: The High Cost of Living
It is easier to get forgiveness then to get permission!
Go to Top of Page

Mespo_man
Skeptic Friend

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2002 :  10:34:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mespo_man a Private Message
quote:
The problem is that as the "End Times" fail to appear the far right religous keep changing the story to fit the situation. [Dr Shari]

I've always gotten a kick out of the fact that after the collapse of the mean ol' Soviet Union, China and their 200 million man army are now supposed to be the hordes that descend on Israel.

My question to fundamentalists is simply,

"Has anyone bothered to tell the Chinese that this is what they are supposed to be doing? Perhaps if they were persuaded to gird their loins for the Final Battle, they wouldn't waste so much time flooding the US economy with cheap imports."

(:raig

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.