New Moderator(s)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2001 :  02:25:31  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Please welcome the newest addition to the SFN staff. Trish has agreed to moderate this forum and she has my gratitude. It's hard to keep up here! Most likely there won't be much need for moderating, but it's nice to have someone watching out...just in case.

@tomic

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

ljbrs
SFN Regular

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2001 :  17:52:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ljbrs a Private Message
That's just great! Then you can get some rest part of the time.

ljbrs

That is knowing better and doing better!

Go to Top of Page

Garrette
SFN Regular

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2001 :  06:44:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Garrette a Yahoo! Message Send Garrette a Private Message
Good choice. Go, Trish.

My kids still love me.
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2001 :  15:33:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
Thanks guys (meaning everyone)

Let's not forget my partner in crime - Lisa

He's YOUR god, they're YOUR rules, YOU burn in hell!

Edited by - Trish on 07/02/2001 15:33:40
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2001 :  15:58:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
quote:
That's just great! Then you can get some rest part of the time.

Nawwww, no rest for me. But this board is now being used a lot more than it used to be and activity is more or less 24/7. That's far too much for 2-3 moderators to handle. Let's just be glad that no spammers have found us.....yet!

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

rubysue
Skeptic Friend

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2001 :  20:09:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send rubysue a Private Message
Congratulations, Trish and Lisa!

Go forth and moderate wisely!

rubysue

If your head is wax, don't walk in the sun.

Go to Top of Page

ljbrs
SFN Regular

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2001 :  19:56:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ljbrs a Private Message
Trish and Lisa, or Lisa and Trish:

Also, have fun while you are at it. And realize that you are helping keep @tomic (and the others) alive and kicking, because they cannot go on burning all of their candles at both ends.

I will bet that he still loses sleep over his *baby*.

ljbrs

Perfection Is a State of Growth...
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2001 :  20:30:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
If you had any idea how many people tried to break in today alone you would know how worried I am

But I just keep backing it up. If anyone ever does get in it will just be annoying rather than devastating.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

bestonnet_00
Skeptic Friend

Australia
358 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2001 :  02:46:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send bestonnet_00 an ICQ Message  Send bestonnet_00 a Yahoo! Message
Well how many people did try out an exploit that was already pathced (I hope).

Radioactive GM Crops.

Slightly above background.

Safe to eat.

But no activist would dare rip it out.

As they think it gives them cancer.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2001 :  03:44:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
It was about 9 visitors and roughly 80 unicode variations and several attempts at the old idq bug.

Anyone that hasn't taken care of those has no business hosting.

These people have no idea who they are dealing with. They could wake up with a bloody horse head on their keyboard

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2001 :  09:07:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
quote:
These people have no idea who they are dealing with. They could wake up with a bloody horse head on their keyboard
!

Hehe .. Give 'em an offer they can't refuse!

Not all change is progress.
Go to Top of Page

bestonnet_00
Skeptic Friend

Australia
358 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2001 :  03:45:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send bestonnet_00 an ICQ Message  Send bestonnet_00 a Yahoo! Message
How about baiting them towards a high profile low security system like the US DOD?

Then dob of them.

Radioactive GM Crops.

Safe to eat.

Go to Top of Page

ljbrs
SFN Regular

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2001 :  21:41:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ljbrs a Private Message
It might be fun to have a site which does nothing other than send back to hackers/crackers whatever is coming in, but multiplied exponentially. REVENGE!!!

ljbrs

Perfection Is a State of Growth...
Go to Top of Page

bestonnet_00
Skeptic Friend

Australia
358 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2001 :  04:52:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send bestonnet_00 an ICQ Message  Send bestonnet_00 a Yahoo! Message
Some people have done that to hackers.

When a hacker tried to crash their system they just sent everything back. Since they weren't adding any new traffic it was all perfectly legal (if you multiply it then it becomes illegal).

However one has to be careful with that, as if you target the wrong box your going to get into a lot of trouble, particulary considering how often hackers hijack other boxes to use in their attacks.

Radioactive GM Crops.

Safe to eat.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.