Write in Ballot
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kaneda Kuonji
Skeptic Friend

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2002 :  12:53:35  Show Profile Send Kaneda Kuonji a Private Message
I propose for the 2004 election that we write-in Colin Powell for president rather than vote for the party Candidate. I also propose that Robert C. Byrd (SP?) of West Virginia be VP...yes I know they are from 2 separate parties, but they are a lot better than the alternatives..

Rodney Dean, CI Order of the Knights of Jubal
Ivbalis.org

Dr Shari
Skeptic Friend

135 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2002 :  13:05:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dr Shari a Private Message
Colin Powell is just another man who has by his past history, in my opinion, shown he will take a military stand on dealing with our problems in the world community. He has said and I believe him, that he has no interest in being in any elected office. Unless he runs why would we impose a job he doesn't want on him. (of course I am skeptical of ANYONE who wants to run a country)

I firmly believe we now more then ever need to give peace a chance, give up some of our EGO that says America is the best country in the world and everyone not just like us has something wrong with them and concentrate on fixing America first. Colin Powell, who I do have some repect for in his current position, is not qualified to run a complex job such as a whole country. War Heros do not make good presidents. I am not sure any ONE person is. That is why we 3 branches of Government. We need to update all 3 and hopefully make wiser choices in who we let have the power to bring down our country and the world.

Death: The High Cost of Living
It is easier to get forgiveness then to get permission!

Edited by - Dr Shari on 11/02/2002 13:09:34
Go to Top of Page

Kaneda Kuonji
Skeptic Friend

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2002 :  13:09:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kaneda Kuonji a Private Message
quote:

Colin Powell is just another man who has by his past history in my opinion will take a military stand on dealing with our problems in the world community. He has said and I believe him, that he has in interest in being in any elected office. Unless he runs why would we impose a job he doesn't want on him. (of course I am skeptical of ANYONE who wants to run a country)

I firmly believe we now more then ever need to give peace a chance, give up some of our EGO that says America is the best country in the world and everyone not just like us has something wrong with them and concentrate on fixing America first. Colin Powell, who I do have some repect for in his current position, is not qualified to run a complex job such as a whole country. War Hero's do not make good presidents.

Death: The High Cost of Living
It is easier to get forgiveness then to get permission!

In retrospect, I should have known better. In fact, I think that Senator Byrd would probably make a good president, but his age may be a factor. I am fed up with the BS that the Democrats and Republicans have fed everyone. What I am proposing is that we send a message to them that we are tired of the Good Ol' Boys.

Rodney Dean, CI Order of the Knights of Jubal
Ivbalis.org

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.