Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Antie
Skeptic Friend

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  06:19:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Antie's Homepage  Send Antie an ICQ Message Send Antie a Private Message
quote:
Please explain just how a pile of magic dirt becomes an adult man just by blowing on it?

Sounds like mythology to me.

quote:
Please explain how a whole lotta of nothing became something? 0 X 0 = 0 no matter how much time you have! also where did the energy start to move all this mass nothingness. for every effect there must be a cause. 3rd law of motion, 2nd law of thermodynamics(entropy)

Yeah, yeah. You don't have any answer for your own straw-man question, therefore the universe was created by a deity. It wasn't just any deity. It had to have been your God. It makes perfect sense if you don't think about it.

Antie. DIES GAUDII.

Facies Fabulosarum Feminarum

If you can name all six of the females in the picture above without looking up their names, and you can read the Latin phrase, pat yourself on the back. You're smart.
Go to Top of Page

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  09:23:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Goodmud

Please explain how a whole lotta of nothing became something? 0 X 0 = 0 no matter how much time you have!

Who said there was nothing? Quantum mechanics may be exceedingly hard to understand, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

quote:
also where did the energy start to move all this mass nothingness. for every effect there must be a cause. 3rd law of motion, 2nd law of thermodynamics(entropy)

Well if you don't understand classical mechanics for the big stuff, how can you possibly grasp what goes on with the small stuff?

I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery.
-Agent Smith
Go to Top of Page

Slater
SFN Regular

USA
1668 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  10:24:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Slater a Private Message
Goodmud for every effect there must be a cause

I'm sorry, did you really just say that?
Because you are claiming that the "cause" was the saying of a magic word by a god who, from standard Christian mythology, has no cause. Am I understanding you correctly? Or did you mean to say " for every effect there must be a cause... except when dealing with my belief in magic. Then that doesn't apply to me. King's X"

-------
I learned something ... I learned that Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Halloween. I guess they don't like strangers going up to their door and annoying them.
-Bruce Clark
There's No Toilet Paper...on the Road Less Traveled
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.