Later
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jesusfreak4life

7 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  20:03:19  Show Profile Send jesusfreak4life a Private Message
Don't take this a any type of defeat... it's not. I've been having feelings that Satan has been trying to get to me through what you people are saying. I'm not one to call names, but you people are unquestionably stupid in the sence that you are so ignorant to the facts. Satan has already gottn to and I won't let him get near me.
I hope that at least one of you find the way in your life. Otherwise you will find that you were sadly mistaken throughout your whole life. And filthy, this isn't your uncle Jerry, but i'm telling ya, you should really listen to him.
Find help everyone, and get away from the evil.
I love you all like a Christian should,

Tokyodreamer
SFN Regular

USA
1447 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  21:02:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tokyodreamer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jesusfreak4life
I've been having feelings that Satan has been trying to get to me through what you people are saying... Satan has already gottn to and I won't let him get near me.

Do you really not realize how insane that sounds?

quote:

It's a shame you don't love yourself enough to realize how harmful the lies you have fallen for are.
Go to Top of Page

Kilted_Warrior
Skeptic Friend

Canada
118 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  21:07:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilted_Warrior a Private Message
Is this guy even for real? He seems about what we would expect from an adversary of skeptics, clearly without rational thinking, clear obediance to authority, and unwavering belief, and that is what saddens me, that people are still like this.
Earlier he said that he was not religious, he was a Christian. What is that supposed to mean?

Psycho
Edited by - Kilted_Warrior on 11/14/2002 21:16:52
Go to Top of Page

Terryt88
Skeptic Friend

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  21:07:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Terryt88 a Yahoo! Message Send Terryt88 a Private Message
That didn't take long...

quote:
I've been having feelings that Satan has been trying to get to me through what you people are saying.

hmmm... The truth hurts? That isn't satan friend, it's your intelligence trying to tell you that you have been duped into believing some made up BS your entire life.

quote:

Be sure to take your own advice from time to time.

Good luck to you.
Go to Top of Page

Tokyodreamer
SFN Regular

USA
1447 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  21:12:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tokyodreamer a Private Message
Actually, the more I think about it, the sadder I get.

Jesusfreak makes a claim that "all of the hundreds of prophecies of the Bible have come true".

He gets numerous responses pointing out numerous "prophecies" that were unequivically wrong.

So instead of examining his beliefs (come on! That's got to pique some sort of attempt at rationality buried somewhere in your brain!), he blames some make-believe bogeyman for tempting him and leaves.
Go to Top of Page

Slater
SFN Regular

USA
1668 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  21:39:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Slater a Private Message
So instead of examining his beliefs (come on! That's got to pique some sort of attempt at rationality buried somewhere in your brain!), he blames some make-believe bogeyman for tempting him and leaves.
It's just too bad that the powers of darkness didn't have Spellcheck.
I think he actually did start to examine his beliefs. It would be a first, but I think it happened. After all he actually did know the difference between a closed system and an open one. The implications of the knowledge he already had might have started to get through to him.(After they were repeated to him a few times) But look at this last message…it's pure panic. The devil is after him; we should get away from evil--this guy is scared. The only thing that I can think of that could spook a Fundi like that would be if they started to have independent thoughts.
Pretty F-ing cool! Congratulations all around. Great job everyone!
I predict (and all of my hundreds of prophecies are always true. If you doubt that…just ask ME) that this kid's name will not be a self fulfilling prophecy.

-------
I learned something ... I learned that Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Halloween. I guess they don't like strangers going up to their door and annoying them.
-Bruce Clark
There's No Toilet Paper...on the Road Less Traveled
Go to Top of Page

Terryt88
Skeptic Friend

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  21:41:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Terryt88 a Yahoo! Message Send Terryt88 a Private Message
quote:
So instead of examining his beliefs (come on! That's got to pique some sort of attempt at rationality buried somewhere in your brain!), ...

You know that's sort of interesting you made that statement. I dated this beautiful and smart girl for probably 5 months. She was a born again, but I don't let that sort of thing keep me from being interested in someone (unless they are completely gone past hope.)

So we dated, and there came a time about 5 months into our going out that she told me she couldn't be with me anymore because I didn't believe in god/jesus/the whole works.

So the devil's advocate (no pun intended) in me felt challenged. I wanted this girl to tell me why she felt the way she did, without resorting to bogus claims like, "That's what I was brought up to believe," or "The bible tells me so." I asked her to go out and read and learn some things for herself and if she she felt the way she did before regardless, I wouldn't pursue it.

I gave her books that I felt were not too biased either way, skeptic or religeous. Mostly science books like A Brief History of Time. I even got her to read part of Carl Sagan's Demon Haunted World.

But I tell you what. I am happy to say that we are still together and my story has a happy ending. So I think this JesusFreak guy, though confused, still has hope. I hope he/she comes back and gives skepticism a fair shake and tries to learn both sides of any story.

That's what I enjoy about skepticism, the deep rooted desire for knowledge, and you know, the occasional pissing in a creationist's cheeri-o's.

Hope you guys and gals have a good one!
Edited by - Terryt88 on 11/14/2002 21:44:20
Go to Top of Page

Slater
SFN Regular

USA
1668 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  21:52:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Slater a Private Message
Earlier he said that he was not religious, he was a Christian. What is that supposed to mean?
Oh haven't you heard that one before. A couple of minor Protestant sects here in the States (gee Canada sounds like a nice place) use it all the time. Their line is Christianity isn't a religion it's a relationship with god (which must be something like my "relationship" with Gwyneth Paltrow) Then in the next breath they will claim that Atheism, evolution and just about anything they dislike is a religion. I don't know what they are trying to prove, and I doubt if they do either.

-------
I learned something ... I learned that Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Halloween. I guess they don't like strangers going up to their door and annoying them.
-Bruce Clark
There's No Toilet Paper...on the Road Less Traveled
Go to Top of Page

LordofEntropy
Skeptic Friend

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  23:41:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit LordofEntropy's Homepage Send LordofEntropy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jesusfreak4life
Don't take this a any type of defeat... it's not. I've been having feelings that Logic has been trying to get to me through what you people are saying. I'm not one to call names, but you people are unquestionably stupid in the sence that you are so ignorant to the claims. Logic has already gottn to and I won't let him get near me.
I hope that at least one of you find the way in your life. Otherwise you will find that you were sadly mistaken throughout your whole life. And filthy, this isn't your uncle Jerry, but i'm telling ya, you should really listen to him.
Find religion everyone, and get away from the Science.
I love you all like a Christian should

It all has become clear.

Satan == Logic
Facts == Claims
Science == Evil
Religion == Help

quote:

Notice he says like a Christian SHOULD. Not because it is just a good thing to do, not out of just wanting to, but because he has been told he SHOULD.

Entropy just isn't what it used to be.
Go to Top of Page

Tokyodreamer
SFN Regular

USA
1447 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  06:24:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tokyodreamer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Terryt88
I even got her to read part of Carl Sagan's Demon Haunted World.

Part?! She must go back and finish it all! At least twice!

Everyone should...

Go to Top of Page

Mespo_man
Skeptic Friend

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  06:44:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mespo_man a Private Message
"Don't take this a any type of defeat... it's not. I've been having feelings that Satan has been trying to get to me through what you people are saying."

JF was defeated by Satan after only 7 posts? How sad. Spooked by the dark side of Casper.

(:raig
Go to Top of Page

Terryt88
Skeptic Friend

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  08:07:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Terryt88 a Yahoo! Message Send Terryt88 a Private Message
quote:
Part?! She must go back and finish it all! At least twice!

Everyone should...

You know what was really cool about that particular book? Boron10 originally bought it from Hastings ([side note] I dunno about nationwide, but the Hastings here has a christian section about 20 times as big as the science section.) He finished it, gave it to me. I fininshed it, gave it to her. I got it back, went to Japan on business and ended up passing it on to a friend I met there. Since then, that guy gave it to someone else.

It's an interesting little journey that book has had.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  08:49:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
And filthy, this isn't your uncle Jerry, but i'm telling ya, you should really listen to him.

JF my friend, you will find no Satan and only a modest amount of evil here. None of us are possesed by any sort of spirtual demon, evil or otherwise. How can one be possesed by something that there is no evidence of it's existance and therefore, not worthy of belief?

I hope your absence will be a brief one. I look forward to some interesting discussions. One cannot discuss worth a damn without an opposing view.

All luck,

f

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

jmcginn
Skeptic Friend

343 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  13:01:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit jmcginn's Homepage Send jmcginn a Private Message
quote:

preceded by

quote:
I'm not one to call names, but you people are unquestionably stupid in the sence that you are so ignorant to the facts.

You got to love the hypocrisy. Combine this along with the misrepresentation of facts from his other thread (i.e. lying) and you wonder how some of his come to our opinions of the typical fundamentalists/jesus freak. Hmm where are those admirable traits that are supposed to convince us that Xianity is the one true way? Let's see we have name calling, lying, inability to reason, inability to see one's own faults, and the list goes on.

Yep another reason why not to be a Christian, (along with the fact that there is no evidence to support its outrageous stories), thanks JesusFreak.
Go to Top of Page

jmcginn
Skeptic Friend

343 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  13:05:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit jmcginn's Homepage Send jmcginn a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jmcginn

quote:

preceded by

quote:
I'm not one to call names, but you people are unquestionably stupid in the sence that you are so ignorant to the facts.

You got to love the hypocrisy. Combine this along with the misrepresentation of facts from his other thread (i.e. lying) and you wonder how some of his come to our opinions of the typical fundamentalists/jesus freak. Hmm where are those admirable traits that are supposed to convince us that Xianity is the one true way? Let's see we have name calling, lying, inability to reason, inability to see one's own faults, and the list goes on.

Yep another reason why not to be a Christian, (along with the fact that there is no evidence to support its outrageous stories), thanks JesusFreak.

P.S. I will have to add that JesusFreak really did do us one favor, he did liven up the boards quite a bit. Its been a while since I last seen the boards this active :>
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  13:19:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

P.S. I will have to add that JesusFreak really did do us one favor, he did liven up the boards quite a bit. Its been a while since I last seen the boards this active :>

They come, they go. I don't know what the reason is, but few seem to have much staying power. And worse yet, fewer still will accept another's argument however well it might be supported and presented.

I was really hoping to get it on with transitional fossils. Ah well.

(If demon possesed I must be, let it be the Drusilla the Succubus.)

f

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.