Religion
 More arrogance??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  00:33:09  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
from: http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?s=2ffe12af0ade5a0e106b7af9fad2a63b&threadid=57302

quote:

quote:Originally posted by the_ignored
To: ChrisU, who said

Besides your obvious contempt for non-christians, you should REALLY think about your statement. If it's true that life is ONLY available through Jesus Christ, then there's 2 problems:

Problem 1)
Every baby or fetus who ever died is now in hell, because (according to what you said) they never got a chance to accept Christ. (if this is FALSE, I'd like to see some biblical verses to exonerate them. They should be written from God's point of view, instead of man's. EX. David's "hope" that his and Bathsheba's baby that God killed-->to punish THEM! is actually in heaven.)
The people at "Christian AnswersNet" try to answer this:
Infant Death & Eternity
Even they have to admit:
See their reason #5, for their explanation of "relative innocence". What happened to for ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of god? Where does the Bible talk about "relative innocence?

Please note that this is said even though he knows God killed the kid because of what the PARENTS did! On the bright side, there DOES seem to be biblical evidence that clears people born BEFORE christ.

Problem 2)
Every Native American and Australian aborigine who was alive from the time of Christ's birth until the first Europeans came, would be in hell, simply because they've never HEARD of how to get "life" through Christ. If God "so loved the world that he gave his only son" then why didn't he send angels to warn THEM as he did the shepards? After all, if Christ's death was such a sacrifice, wouldn't God want to make sure that the MOST people possible could benefit from it?

Now, as for your little quote: "Know Jesus, Know Peace, No Jesus, No Peace" ,history seems to have an opposite view. This is from:
Holy Homicide
The question is, where do they get the kind of contempt for each other that (can) lead to that kind of thing? Well, just look at what you've posted. No respect for others beliefs seems to lead (at least in your case) to no respect for other people.(end of my quoted post, on to "Elizabeth S's" post) It's in Large Bold, by the way!

quote:
You know what gets me, is when spiritually dead people try to debate a Christians Faith, something it is not possible for them to COMPREHEND, until it happens to them.

Note the circular reasoning here. Yet these people are the ones who are trying to teach (and influence the teaching of Science in our schools, based on their what? Feelings?!

quote:
Who said ChrisU's post had comtempt? To us it is the unvarnished truth, dead until given life thorugh Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior. None other. Hell is where people who reject Jesus go. But you can accept Jesus, turn to Him, and He will lift you up and Save your immortal soul. Truly He will, and He loves you and wants to Save you, let Him.

And for this message we believe, in the not so distant future, we will be slaughtered by the thousands and thousands by average type citizens for our saying they are dead spiritually. And think they are doing us a favor, IT IS WRITTEN

I love the paranioa in her last sentence. Maybe she's heard President Bush say that he didn't consider xtians to be true citizens of the U.S. or or maybe she's seen all the anti-xtian editorials by Cal Thomas et al in the media, or maybe she's afraid of all those "godless anti-xtians" in their gov't! Doesn't she believe in the "Rapture"? After all it's their site. According to them, they get a free ticket to heaven while those who become xtian afterward get killed.

This is what someone else had to say right after her:
quote:
1. Without Jesus Christ everyone is dead in their sins. There is no other way to Heaven but Christ Jesus.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

2. Children are too young to take responsibility, or be held accountable, only God knows the exact age, and whether it's different for each person.

Mat 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

2Sa 12:20 Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed [himself], and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the LORD, and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat.

2Sa 12:21 Then said his servants unto him, What thing [is] this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, [while it was] alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread.

2Sa 12:22 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell [whether] GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?

2Sa 12:23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

3. All of creation points to there being a God. There is no excuse for denying that there is a God.

Psa 19:1 [[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.]] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Psa 75:1 [[To the chief Musician, Altaschith, A Psalm [or] Song of Asaph.]] Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, [unto thee] do we give thanks: for [that] thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.

Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

What Happens to Those Who Have Never Heard?
by: Hank Hanegraaff

Q: What happens to those who have never heard the gospel? Are they sent to hell because they didn't accept a Jesus Christ they never heard about?

A: Men and women are not sentenced to hell based upon whether or not they have heard of Jesus Christ. Rather, they are justly and fittingly condemned based upon the fact that they are sinners. Indeed, they are sinners who have failed to act responsibly on what God has already revealed to them -- whether through the light of creation (Rom. 1), through the light of conscience (Rom. 2), or through the light of Christ (Rom. 3). If people respond to whatever light they do have, then God will send them the light of the gospel. Because no one has been kept in the dark about God's existence, we're all accountable directly to Him (Luke 12:47-48).

While the Bible affirms that Christ is the only Savior (Acts 4:12), it also states that God is truly just (Job 34:12) and that He loves humanity with an everlasting love (John 3:16). Let us, therefore, labor all the more to bring God's message of reconciliation to a world in desperate need of salvation (Rom. 10:13-15), knowing that there is no other way to reach Him except through His Son -- the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

Finally, we should ask, if those who have never heard the gospel are indeed bound for heaven, why should we attempt to evangelize them? Wouldn't it be more prudent to just keep everyone in the dark? In fact, if you really draw this argument out to its logical conclusion, Jesus Christ would not have come to seek and save those who are lost, but to seek and lose those who are already saved! He would then not be the great Savior of the world; He would become its great destroyer.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/...?article_id=275

On the same note, there is no group of people that have sprung up from "nowhere", they first migrated away from an area where everyone knew about God. From Adam, and from Noah and his sons, there has been a record that God is real and that He reigns on high.

Note the circular reasoning in this statement. How does he know this? The Bible, of course. A convenient way to explain away the fact that God never told anyone in North America about Christ until the white men came. There's one problem, though: Even is what he said above is TRUE, then those people's ancestors knew about the OT. So what? They STILL would have had to find out about Christ. Unless God told them himself, they STILL would have had centuries of "spiritual blindness" even if they OBEYED the "old covenent". Remember, the arrival of Christ was supposed to have done away with that. Even if they were faithful to the OT, they still would have been barking up the "wrong tree". After all, if that's not the case, why are xtians always trying to convert jews?

quote:

People throw the name "Christian" around far too much. A Christian is someone who follows Christ. Christ never commissioned a crusade or a slaughter of people over a difference in doctrine, nor to take some land in His name. Don't confuse the things men do with the teachings of God.

To bad the same thing can't be said of God in the OT. "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live, Those who blaspheme the name of the lord shall be put to death, etc"

[quote]Take care,

John

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.