"When tawdry Christmas decorations,
Line the streets and filling stations,
And sidewalk Santas can't disguise
Their empty hands and empty eyes,
In the dead of Winter,
When the tinsel angles come,
You're my sweet Maple sugar, honey,
Hot buttered rum."

I've got kin coming tomorrow. They'll gobble up the huge ham I'm fixing to start slow baking about 4:00 am, then guzzle my liquor and suck up all my weed. The party won't end until everything's gone or the cops show up.

And I'll have made it through yet another holiday season without depression, yay!

Wishing an even better time for all.

f

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Lisa
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2002 :  08:23:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message
Except for sending out holiday cards, we're sort of skipping the holiday this year. Ed just got back from the middle east on Sunday. That's enough xmas present for me.
And about presents: after trekking around the world for 20 years, do you know how much "stuff" we've acquired? We sat and talked last night, and decided on a few indulgences. For example, we really want a DVD player. We'll get more use out of that than something that isn't wanted or needed, and will sit in the back of a closet til it gets taken to Goodwill in a couple of years.
When I think of all the crap we've bought to "surprise" each other with all these years...
Now we have a mortgage, a home equity loan, and we still owe 6 grand on the bike. Time to prioritize. The money we would have spent on one another is going for a cool vacation in Jan/Feb.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  07:05:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Sounds like a plan to me, Lisa.

Enjoy!

f

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.