New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Megan
Skeptic Friend

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  11:46:53  Show Profile Send Megan a Private Message
Can we say WOW!!! @tomic I will have to say that you have made such an improvement on this site I hardly reconzed it!!!! I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I heard from Lisa that BA was mad @ me because I havent been around lately:( Sorry I have been doing lots of work and school stuff. Well gotta go, class is almost over:P

~Megan~

Life without danger is a waste of oxygen.

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  12:17:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
This is probably a good place to offer my gratitude for this site. There's nothing like it anywhere for information and interesting discussions.

The changes are nice too.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Lisa
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  12:51:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message
Nice to see you back on line Megan. When is your mom going to get you your own computer?
I can see her point in not letting you use her computer at home, since she also uses it for her work. For example, some twit posted something on the other forum that totally hosed this computer. Screwed up every setting you can imagine. Good thing I had a backup computer. I doubt Mary would have been too amused had that been her system.
Go to Top of Page

Megan
Skeptic Friend

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  12:54:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Megan a Private Message
Yeah I know. I'm not sure when mom will get me my computer, but we are looking into it as we speak. She said that the guy lowered his price to $300, hell I'm in!!

~Megan~

Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  13:28:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Lisa, that is why HTML is turnned off here. Anyone allowing it is asking for trouble for them and their visitors.
This is a great time to get a computer Megan. I remember how skeptical some analysts where when computer makers talked about making computers that cost under $1,000. They doubted it could be done LOL

@tomic

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Lisa
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  13:56:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message
@tomic, I don't know enough about computers to describe the problem to you, but I'll give it a shot.
What the kid posted wasn't a clickable link. It was a streaming video set to autorun. Anyone clicking on that thread who was on a dial-up was basically screwed. Hello blue screen of death.
The kid still doesn't quite understand why I'm so pissed, but other PalTalk and forum members have given him some very good advice: Avoid Lisa for at least the next 6 months.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  14:01:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Allowing code like that to run on a forum is a big mistake unless you could care less about the security of your visitors. They should disable HTML immediately. It's not worth the risk for a little ease in formatting forum posts.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Lisa
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  14:09:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message
I'm not sure if they've disabled it or not. The kid got slapped six ways from sunday by the moderators, and has been behaving himself. And he only has to avoid me for another five months. I'll probably have calmed down by then...
But no promises.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  14:15:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
The only, and I mean only, way to stop this from happening again is to disallow HTML. If you can use HTML on a forum your recent blue screen experience is a hint of things to come. Some of them you won't even realize till it's too late and your passwords are stolen. Scolding a user ain't gonna stop it.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Megan
Skeptic Friend

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  20:32:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Megan a Private Message
Well allrighty then...hehe. Yeah the computer I was thinking of getting is one that a friend of my moms made. It has all the bells and whistles that a kid my age could ask for like a burner and all that other good stuff...yay!! I think the last time my mom talked to him he was down to $300 like I said before. I'm just hoping that I'll have the $100 for my share.

~Megan~

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.