Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rickm
Skeptic Friend

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  21:33:30  Show Profile Send rickm a Private Message
http://www.str.org/free/commentaries/apologetics/comparisons/realmurd.htm

I don't know if anyone has ever seen this before, I found it quite amusing. Nothing like making up the rules as you go.

Let me see if I got this straight, if a Christians does some bad stuff, he was never really a Christian to begin with?
If only it were that simple.

How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
-- Woody Allen, Without Feathers, 1975

Legallee Insane
Skeptic Friend

Canada
126 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  22:26:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Legallee Insane a Private Message
quote:
Let me see if I got this straight, if a Christians does some bad stuff, he was never really a Christian to begin with?

That is apparently the way it would seem. If that's the way it is then it's a wonder that you don't see more people being excommunicated from the church for "sinning."

--"Only the fool says in his heart: There is no god -- The wise says it to the world"
--"I darn you to HECK!" - Catbert
--"Don't worry, we're not laughing at you, we're laughing near you."
Go to Top of Page

Kilted_Warrior
Skeptic Friend

Canada
118 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  11:11:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilted_Warrior a Private Message
lets see, 3 Billion people "claim" to be Christians, but if you take out all the people that don't follow the "rules and lifestyle" of Christanity that narrows it down to about 4 "real" christians in the world.
Go to Top of Page

Antie
Skeptic Friend

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  23:42:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Antie's Homepage  Send Antie an ICQ Message Send Antie a Private Message
Here's a good site that refutes some of the crap in that article:

http://www.positiveatheism.org/mail/eml9169.htm

Antie. DIES GAUDII.

Facies Fabulosarum Feminarum

If you can name all six of the females in the picture above without looking up their names, and you can read the Latin phrase, pat yourself on the back. You're smart.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.