Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

darwin alogos
SFN Regular

USA
532 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  23:06:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send darwin alogos a Private Message
Slater:
quote:

The criticism with Josephus is that the sections that Mention Jesus are not authentic. It is not a criticism of Josephus
himself but of Christians who will lie through their teeth and invent evidence (much like you are in a habit of doing)
Slater you aren't even in the same area code.The criticism was,brought out by ConsequentAtheist concerning Massada,( Masada: Literary Tradition, Archaeological Remains, and the Credibility of Josephus,http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/portrait/masada.html).Where in the world did you get the idea it was anything else???

To deny logic you must use it.To deny Jesus Existed you must throw away all your knowledge of the ancient world. To deny ID
you must refute all analogical reasoning. So the question is why deny?
Edited by - darwin alogos on 02/18/2003 23:08:38
Go to Top of Page

darwin alogos
SFN Regular

USA
532 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  02:34:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send darwin alogos a Private Message

The big difference is one of your fellow "Skeptics"(CA) pointed out a known historic blunder in Joe's writings and
another (Atomic) claimed if a historian wasn't 100% accurate they were "unreilable".Again do you share their
conclusions? As for me I share the view on this cite(http://centuryone.com/josephus.html) which in a nutshell states:

quote:

This duality of sharp criticism alongside fulsome appreciation
has consistently accompanied the scholarly treatment of
Josephus' works. It has not been our intention here to prove
that he is always exact of correct in every statement, but to
show that his data are in many instances accurate, and that they
stem from reliable sources to which he had access from the
very beginning of his literary career.

The reason I ask is because it seems rather odd,for you as a "skeptic", to quote a "known" source which addmitedly has
"historical blunders" in order to attempt to prove "blunders" in another source,The NT.
Well walto are just going to let Slater do your talking for you or do you just conceed?

To deny logic you must use it.To deny Jesus Existed you must throw away all your knowledge of the ancient world. To deny ID
Go to Top of Page

walt fristoe
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  11:21:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send walt fristoe a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Darwin Alogos

Well walto are just going to let Slater do your talking for you or do you just conceed?

Well, Derwin, I just didn't want to hog the conversation.

"If God chose George Bus of all the people in the world, how good could God be?"
Bill Maher
Go to Top of Page

walt fristoe
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  11:49:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send walt fristoe a Private Message
quote:
originally posted by Darwin Alogos

6. Do you know the difference between a building(s) and a wall?

Yes, I do. A wall (in this case) used to be part of a building; a building that is no longer supposed to have any stones left on top of other stones. Since the wall is still there, I think some stones must still be on top of other stones. Would you disagree?

"If God chose George Bus of all the people in the world, how good could God be?"
Bill Maher
Edited by - walt fristoe on 02/22/2003 11:50:44
Go to Top of Page

darwin alogos
SFN Regular

USA
532 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  16:07:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send darwin alogos a Private Message
waltfristoe:
quote:
Yes, I do. A wall (in this case) used to be part of a building; a building that is no longer supposed to have any stones left on top of other stones. Since the wall is still there, I think some stones must still be on top of other stones. Would you disagree?
How sad it must be when the only so called proof is built on the fallacy of equivocation Secular historians don't quite see it the same way walto:
quote:
When the Romans crushed the Jewish Revolt and destroyed Jerusalem in A.D. 70, they razed the temple to the ground. While nothing remains of the temple itself, large portions of the enclosure walls still remain. The most famous remnants are the lower portions of the Western Wall, sometimes known as the Wailing Wall. It is a holy place for Jews, who insert prayers between the Herodian stones and mourn the loss of the temple so many centuries ago. (emph.mine taken from ancienthisory.com )(ed for ref. http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/prm/blkingherod3.htm?terms=herod%27s+temple)

Edited by - darwin alogos on 02/24/2003 20:45:59
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.