Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

walt fristoe
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  15:58:26  Show Profile Send walt fristoe a Private Message
Could Bush be a sociopath? Came across this in another forum, thought it might generate some interesting discussion.

"If God chose George Bus of all the people in the world, how good could God be?"
Bill Maher

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  16:47:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by walt fristoe

Could Bush be a sociopath? Came across this in another forum, thought it might generate some interesting discussion.

I don't know if P. Bush is or is not a sociopath. I'd like to interview him personaly to find out. Short of that I've asked my congressman to see if he's mentally retarded but have gotten no reply about that yet.
Only thing I can say is, he's 'a good' Christian. Doesn't that explain a lot?
Go to Top of Page

walt fristoe
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  17:28:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send walt fristoe a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Snake

Only thing I can say is, he's 'a good' Christian. Doesn't that explain a lot?

The only 'good' Christian is an ex-Christian!

"If God chose George Bus of all the people in the world, how good could God be?"
Bill Maher
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  20:14:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I think I read this one on Democratic Underground a while back. It has given me food for thought.

Not being in the mental health grift, I'm neither qualified nor prepared to comment. But damn, he do make a good case, don't he?

Which brings us to the question of: exactly how tightly wrapped were such historical figures as Alexander, Bonaparte, and other would-be conquerors of note? And could we be witnessing the beginning of yet another attempt to take over the known world, or at least a big chunk of it?

P'raps Bush is cast from the same intellectual mold as some, famous others.

All speculation, of course, having only the value it's readers assign it. But damn, he do make a good case.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  23:29:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
I'm currently reading a fairly comprehensive book on the History of Europe....

Some of the things in the book are quite frightening in their similarity to what is happening now. The popular media view is that Saddam is as evil as Hitler and in respect to the treatment of people who disagree with him, that is true. But the Bush Administration has many similarities to the Third Reich in the way they are attempting to slowly but surely wrest the civil rights of its own people away. By using lies and propaganda they have basically scared the people into believing that this war is necessary. They've done a great job in convincing the people that Saddam was responsible for 9/11. A staggering 45% of people in the US believe that he did it. That is a coup for the government and a blight on the popular U.S. media in its willingness to portray whatever the government wants it to.

It's mildly ironic that the reason for this war was to provide democracy to the Middle East, but at the same time with the Patriot Act and the even more diabolical Patriot Act II, the people of the United States of America are losing their civil rights to this government.

Anyway, to keep in the subject of this thread, I reckon (I fix computers, not people so I'm no expert) it's not just Bush that's fucked in the head. It's the rest of this crazy administration that is following him in this madness..

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  00:24:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gezzam

It's mildly ironic that the reason for this war was to provide democracy to the Middle East, but at the same time with the Patriot Act and the even more diabolical Patriot Act II, the people of the United States of America are losing their civil rights to this government.

Anyway, to keep in the subject of this thread, I reckon (I fix computers, not people so I'm no expert) it's not just Bush that's fucked in the head. It's the rest of this crazy administration that is following him in this madness..

Right on! G.
I liken these times to the 1950's when people IMO, were afraid to speak out, a popular phrase...'Keeping up with the Jones', and if you went against the norm you were outcast. Then there was the 60's when everyone 'Did their own thing.'
Guess we just have to wait it out until the next generation rebels.
Actually if you think about it, it's also like the 1920's too, when the world was coming out from the Victorian era. So it looks like, if history repeats itself, we have 17 more years to wait.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  03:39:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Here's a pretty good, if chilling, sum-up of the psychotic moron's progress and ambitions.

quote:
Is it just me or is there a smell of Vietnam in the desert air? Once again, in its haste to get its war on, the U.S. has gone into a foreign land, ignorant of its culture, believing that its technological might would lead to a swift victory, forgetting the force of nationalism when a people believe themselves to be invaded.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/articles/03/03/29_odor.html

I sincerely hope this criminal and his merry men and women are out of office soon.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

walt fristoe
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  10:37:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send walt fristoe a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gezzam
By using lies and propaganda they have basically scared the people into believing that this war is necessary. They've done a great job in convincing the people that Saddam was responsible for 9/11. A staggering 45% of people in the US believe that he did it.That is a coup for the government and a blight on the popular U.S. media in its willingness to portray whatever the government wants it to.

Wow! 45%? That is staggering. I had no idea there was even any credible evidence linking Saddam to 9/11.

Bill Maher
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  17:20:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
quote:
Wow! 45%? That is staggering. I had no idea there was even any credible evidence linking Saddam to 9/11

Equally astonishing is how Bush has been able to switch the focus from Osama bin Laden as public enemy number one to Saddam Hussein. As even the CIA has conceded, there is no conclusive evidence that Iraq has been connected in any way to Bin Laden or the Taliban. Yet so effective has the switch of focus been that a recent opinion poll revealed 43% of Americans now believe Hussein was responsible for the attacks on the Twin Towers and the Pentagon.

From http://www.witness.co.za/content%5C2003_03%5C14082.htm

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  22:11:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy
Is it just me or is there a smell of Vietnam in the desert air? Once again, in its haste to get its war on, the U.S. has gone into a foreign land, ignorant of its culture, believing that its technological might would lead to a swift victory, forgetting the force of nationalism when a people believe themselves to be invaded.

But what about this?
http://www.assyrianchristians.com
(if that link doesn't work, go to Larrys page (LarryElder.com) and click on World Net Daily.com and then Commentary, the story is 'I was Wrong')
As read today on the Larry Elder radio Show.
Edited by - Snake on 03/31/2003 22:19:08
Go to Top of Page

JP

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  23:26:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JP a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by walt fristoe

I know that this might be pushing the bounds of credibility to a scientifically unacceptable degree, but it seems to me that there is abundant evidence that the Leader of the Free World is both a sociopath and a moron. We can't all be of at least average intelligence and normative psycho-emotional status, can we?
Go to Top of Page

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  04:04:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message
When I first skimmed over this post, I found the article just a bit biased, and opinionated. Then, yesterday, I walked past the television. My wife had it on, but the volume was turned down because she was on the phone. What I saw stopped me dead in my tracks. I stood staring, open mouthed and shocked.

There was our president, the most powerful man in the entire world, with a smirk on his face, pretending to strangle an imaginary foe.

Was I imagining things, again? Was he showing the world how he would throttle Saddam? Or, was he just goofing around like he was when he shook his fist in the air and proclaimed, "Feel good," just before announcing to the world that we had just started a war in Iraq?

I hope that it's my imagination...

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country." Dubya in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 9/6/2004
Go to Top of Page

Deborah
Skeptic Friend

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  05:35:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Deborah a Private Message
Most of the time when I am getting ready in the mornings I have the tv on to listen to the news, if you can call it that, and in the last 2 weeks I have heard Bush giving a couple of speeches. I feel sickened by his word choices. That article is right in the sense that Bush likes punitive language, but I think what is even worse is that people cheer him on. War or no war I don't like Bush, never have and never will. I question the use of the word sociopath as applied to him, but I think he may have spent too much time in church or perhaps he was made to hide in a dark closet, practice flagellation and repeat bible verses over and over. He learned somewhere along the line to associate punishment with his religious beliefs.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  07:45:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
This labeling bore me.

It is as pointless as it is easy.
Why do Bush act the way he does?
Simple! He is a moron! He is a sociopath! He is evil!

The problem is that Bush has public support for his actions, some of the people giving their support are neither morons nor evil nor sociopaths. Calling Bush names will not change their support.

(I agree that it would be really interesting to test B and other world leaders for empathy disorders. I fear that the result would be frightening.
How about intelligence tests and empathy tests for political candidates?)

Lets hope that the war ends soon and that Bush Jr, like his father after the last war, gets cocky and find his born again butt voted out of office.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  08:11:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This labeling bore me.

It is as pointless as it is easy.
Why do Bush act the way he does?
Simple! He is a moron! He is a sociopath! He is evil!

The problem is that Bush has public support for his actions, some of the people giving their support are neither morons nor evil nor sociopaths. Calling Bush names will not change their support.

(I agree that it would be really interesting to test B and other world leaders for empathy disorders. I fear that the result would be frightening.
How about intelligence tests and empathy tests for political candidates?)

Lets hope that the war ends soon and that Bush Jr, like his father after the last war, gets cocky and find his born again butt voted out of office.

"Yes, I am paranoid. The question is; am I paranoid enough?"

Don't recall who said that.

I am not at all certain that Bush will be sent back to TX in '04. I have a nasty feeling that the war will continue well beyond Iraq. If so, he just might stay in as spasms of misplaced patrotism decide the vote. Hmm. There are some folks who say there'll be no election in '04 due to a red terrorist alert and martial law.

I think the % of people who believe Saddam was at least partly responsible for 9/11 is somewhat higher than 41%. The administration has done nothing to correct this misconception.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  09:11:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
I read the letters-to-the-editor in my local paper pretty much every morning, presumably because I'm too smart and those letters are instant intelligence reducers. At any rate, I've been paying attention, and the number of letters of the type "Support our troops/president/country, dammit!" that also refer to 9-11 as a motivating event approaches 100%. I'm thinking about writing a letter of the type "Shut the hell up all you jingoistic stupidheads."

I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery.
-Agent Smith
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.