Today's Bullshit Winner
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  14:42:35  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Check out this link from Yahoo. I almost think we should start some sort of Bullshit contest and see what news story or statement etc wins each day. But for now check out this link:http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=638&ncid=762&e=1&u=/nm/20030410/en_nm/iraq_robbins_dc

What really got me more than anything was this part:
quote:
Hall of Fame President Dale Petroskey, a former aide to President Ronald Reagan, canceled an April 26-27 celebration of the film, saying Robbins and Sarandon endangered U.S. troops in Iraq by flashing peace signs to cameras at the Academy Awards ceremony last month and by speaking against the conflict.

To say that flashing a peace sign to anyone, anywhere endangers anyone is an insult to our intelligence. This might play well in a Texas trailer park but to anyone with an IQ over 5 I say it's just Bullshit.

@tomic

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting

Donnie B.
Skeptic Friend

417 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  15:48:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Donnie B. a Private Message
Yeah, well, you don't really expect a lot of intellectual power from the good folks at Major League Baseball, do you?

-- Donnie B.

Brian: "No, no! You have to think for yourselves!" Crowd: "Yes! We have to think for ourselves!"
Go to Top of Page

Fireballn
Skeptic Friend

Canada
179 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  20:00:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fireballn a Private Message
or Hollywood.....

If i were the supreme being, I wouldn't have messed around with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers 8 o'clock day one!
-Time Bandits-
Go to Top of Page

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2003 :  03:03:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message
From the people that brought us Freedom Fries.

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country." Dubya in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 9/6/2004
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.