Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 Humor
 Resurrection of the Bumper Sticker one....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  10:03:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
This will probably hurt Filthy and Lisa and anyone else that enjoys Harleys. The oldest Harley dealer in the state of CO suffered a major fire, they lost every bike in the building, including the bikes in the Harley Davidson 'Museum' they had in the basement.

I know it's not humorous, however, I Filthy mentioned Harleys.

---
...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
<i>No Sense of Obligation</i> by Matt Young
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  10:31:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
OUCH!!!

Harleys are like whiskey. They just get better with age. My ride is a '46 'U' Model, the big Side Valve, that hasn't been washed in over 20 years (I'm a Ratbike rider). I've just done a top end overhaul on it (fragged a cylinder) and it's running as sweet as anything out there today. Dunno if I'll ever own another motorcycle. Don't care. I've already got the best.

It's sad that these vintage rides, with all of their history, are gone.

Bumper sticker seen some years ago, when the Star Wars craze was going strong: "May the Farce Be With You."

f

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."--Benjamin Franklin, _Poor_Richard_, 1758
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  13:38:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

This will probably hurt Filthy and Lisa and anyone else that enjoys Harleys. The oldest Harley dealer in the state of CO suffered a major fire, they lost every bike in the building, including the bikes in the Harley Davidson 'Museum' they had in the basement.

I know it's not humorous, however, I Filthy mentioned Harleys.

He did, Where? I used to ride and love them. And it's also been one of the BEST stocks I've ever owned too. The company is fantastic. Sorry to hear that news.

"If you succeed, you sell. If you "fail" you learn."
Go to Top of Page

Lisa
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  17:57:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message
Tis a sad day indeed. Trish, through his tears, Ed wonders if you have a news link about this. We did a google search that turned up zip.
Lisa

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  23:34:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

Tis a sad day indeed. Trish, through his tears, Ed wonders if you have a news link about this. We did a google search that turned up zip.
Lisa

I went on the message board and stock reports for HDI, they usually talk about or have any stories realated to the company. But couldn't find any info either.
Harley if I'm not mistaken has a museum of their own in Wisconsin. You might try writing/emailing to them also.

"If you succeed, you sell. If you "fail" you learn."
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2002 :  16:11:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
The 'museum' was impromptu and kept in the basement of the place. I've been through it before. I grew up within walking distance of the place and I can find nothing about it online. But I sat and watched the building burn on the news. I want to think it was Sun Harley-Davidson but it's not. Part of the reason the fire was so intense and so difficult to put out was because of the motorcycles in the basement. They think it started in the repair shop. The place was located on Alameda btwn Federal and Zuni. If anyone is real familiar with CO and canremember the name of the place... They dealt more than Harley's so maybe they aren't an authorized dealer - but that's how they advertised.

---
...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
<i>No Sense of Obligation</i> by Matt Young

Edited by - Trish on 03/30/2002 16:12:48
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.