New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  16:53:29  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I am a fairly regular visitor to, ‘No Answers in Genesis', John Stear's fascinating website. One of his pages is: Creationism Is Not An Alternative To Evolution. Ignorance Is. This is an ongoing page of communications to the site from some of the more rabid creationists. At long last, I thought I'd share it with y'all. The latest updates are too good to keep to myself.

quote:
i HAVE TALKED TO GOD AND HE HAS TOOLS ME MY CALLING IT IS TO SHOW YOU THE TRUTH SO I SAY NOW COME INTO THE LIGHT THERE IS A NASWER AND THE ANSWE IS GOD. WHO WANTS TO BELIVE THE WORLD IS 5 MILLION YEARS OLD NEWAY
IF THINGS EVOLVED WHERE ARE THE HALF MONKEY HALF PEOPLE? i DONT SEE ANY BIBLE BELIVER

http://home.austarnet.com.au/stear/cre_is_not_the_alt_to_evo.htm

Ya can't make this stuff up. Trust me, I know. I've tried.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

ktesibios
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  17:37:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ktesibios a Private Message
!

Thanks, Filthy. I needed some yucks.

About not being able to make this stuff up- I wonder if it would be possible to program a cretinist hate mail generator.

It wouldn't need much vocabulary or detailed grammatical rules.

"The Republican agenda is to turn the United States into a third-world shithole." -P.Z.Myers
Go to Top of Page

Renae
SFN Regular

543 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  17:53:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Renae a Private Message
It warms the cockles of my heart (and just what ARE cockles, anyway?) to see the blessed Christian luuuuuv pouring out here:

quote:
... read something interesting , you're not even a scientist , just a wacko recruiting morons and raising money for your commie cause. I personally think you and your group are as dangerous to America as the taliban . in fact I think the aclu is America's taliban . I personally hope the fbi investigates your group and finds you' all are tied in with those terrorists , so I can have a real good laugh . by the way , if vegetarians eat veggies , what do you humanists eat , each other

Nothing like a dose of fundamentalist Christian ignorance to chip away at my faith in humanity. Stupid, I can handle. Ignorance, OTOH, makes me crazy.

Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  02:44:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Check out WinAces "Fundies Say the Darndest Things!"

http://users.rcn.com/rostmd/winace/

Funny but also scary...
Go to Top of Page

jmcginn
Skeptic Friend

343 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  07:38:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit jmcginn's Homepage Send jmcginn a Private Message
I think we should submit that quote from Truth about Bigfoot, that needs to be added ;>
Go to Top of Page

Paladin
Skeptic Friend

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  16:11:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Paladin a Private Message
Where are all the half monkey half people? I believe they're writing for network television. How else do you account for crap like "Fear Factor?"

Paladin
Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  13:58:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message
LMFAO

CRAM IT IN THE TREE!!!!!!!

what the FUCK does that mean?

What are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen a pink shirt before?

"I was asked if I would do a similar sketch but focusing on the shortcomings of Islam rather than Christianity. I said, 'No, no I wouldn't. I may be an atheist but I'm not stupid.'" - Steward Lee
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  17:25:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Vegeta

LMFAO

CRAM IT IN THE TREE!!!!!!!

what the FUCK does that mean?

I'm guessing it means something like 'family tree'. I posit an earlier rant wherein he accuses scientists of creating a 'tree' showing the evolution of man by taking fossil data and 'cramming it in the tree'.

It could equally well be a response to the shrubbery demands of the Knights Who Say Ni.

As a Red Sox fan, I can all too easily identify with irrational hopes and beliefs.

TW

- TW
Go to Top of Page

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  05:00:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message
quote:
As a Red Sox fan, I can all too easily identify with irrational hopes and beliefs.
Just be glad that you're not a Cubs fan. That's what I want to see. A Cubs - Sox Series.

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country." Dubya in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 9/6/2004
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  09:00:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Tim

quote:
Just be glad that you're not a Cubs fan. That's what I want to see. A Cubs - Sox Series.

Should that come to pass, it will be a 7 game series that's finally decided on a coin toss at the end of the 50th inning on the 4th day as a blizzard starts to fall. Either that or it's called a tie in order to preserve the tradition of neither team ever winning the series.

It would be the sporting equivalent of dropping a cat with buttered toast taped to it's back and seeing it hover, spinning, above the floor as both toast and cat tried to land right side down.

TW

- TW
Go to Top of Page

Arcanix_X

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2003 :  19:31:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Arcanix_X a Private Message
http://www.vexen.co.uk/holyshit/index.html

Enter this site and laugh your brains out with good old "christian" humour.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.