Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2003 :  14:23:30  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
My girlfriend, Michelle, needs numbers for her statistics class. So I am posting a survey she created. It would be very helpful to her if you would take a few moments and answer the questions below.
We will tell you what the survey is and the results after the answers have been correlated.

Thanks!

Survey Questions:

1. Age?
2. Gender?
3. Parents level of education?
4. How many people live in your household?
5. Do you consider yourself an extrovert or introvert?
6. Do you prefer background noise while studying or reading?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2003 :  14:29:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
1-Fifty
2-Male
3-High School
4-Four
5-Introvert
6-No noise

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

rickm
Skeptic Friend

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2003 :  14:45:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send rickm a Private Message
1. 33
2. male
3. High Scool, Trade School
4. 4
5. introvert
6. noise is good

How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
-- Woody Allen, Without Feathers, 1975
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2003 :  15:16:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
1. 64
2. M
3. Doctorate
4. 1
5. Itrovert
6. Ok either way. depends uopn the noise.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

walt fristoe
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2003 :  15:27:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send walt fristoe a Private Message
1. 47
2. Male
3. don't know
4. I don't have a "household"
5. Introvert
6. Yes, classical music

"If God chose George Bus of all the people in the world, how good could God be?"
Bill Maher
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2003 :  16:07:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
1. 37
2. Male
3. Both college grads
4. 3
5. introvert
6. Yes, I prefer noise.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2003 :  20:40:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
1. 32
2. Male
3. Mum - University : Dad - Tradesman
4. Fiona, myself and a dog
5. Extrovert
6. I like mellow music, Jazz, Chill Out CD's

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

jmcginn
Skeptic Friend

343 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  06:48:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit jmcginn's Homepage Send jmcginn a Private Message
1. 33
2. Male
3. Mom - Masters, Dad - Bachelors
4. 4
5. Introvert
6. Classical music especially classical guitar, but I would hardly call it "noise" :>
Go to Top of Page

jmcginn
Skeptic Friend

343 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  06:50:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit jmcginn's Homepage Send jmcginn a Private Message
What kind of stats class is she taking? I am taking a quantitative methods class this semester myself which is basically stats for the social sciences (anthropology).
Go to Top of Page

Renae
SFN Regular

543 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  08:23:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Renae a Private Message
1. 34

2. Female

3. College grads

4. (too personal to answer; this is the 'net.)

5. Introvert

6. Nope; I'm an audio/verbal learner. I need quiet.
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  09:03:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message

1. 49
2. Male
3. College for both
4. 1
5. Introvert
6. None for me

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

ktesibios
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  09:44:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ktesibios a Private Message
1. 46
2. Male
3. Mom: bachelors. Dad: PhD
4. 1
5. introvert
6. indifferent.

"The Republican agenda is to turn the United States into a third-world shithole." -P.Z.Myers
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  09:45:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
1. 26.7453729
2. Straight Male
3. Mom: Bachelor's; Father: MD; Dad: Tradesman, some college
4. I move around a lot, and gather and drop roommates. In the past year, my household size has ranged from 1 to 4.
5. Extrovert with strong introverted tendencies
6. Yes, but it obviously depends on the noise.

[edited to make an answer clearer]
Edited by - Boron10 on 10/13/2003 09:47:21
Go to Top of Page

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  13:07:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message
I'm a bit leary of things that I don't know the purpose of. Plus, this site may be a very bad representative sample of even skeptics since the total numbers are so small. Please, kil, let us know a little more about the purpose and other areas where the poll may be offered if necessary. Anyway, I trust you, and the answers seem benign, so I'll answer, as well as I can.

1. 44
2. male
3. mother - 11th grade, father - two years college
4. 4
5. neither, but given either, or I would say that I am predominately extroverted.
6. noise, (I almost always have music in the background)

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country." Dubya in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 9/6/2004
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  17:22:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Tim:
I'm a bit leary of things that I don't know the purpose of. Plus, this site may be a very bad representative sample of even skeptics since the total numbers are so small. Please, kil, let us know a little more about the purpose and other areas where the poll may be offered if necessary. Anyway, I trust you, and the answers seem benign, so I'll answer, as well as I can.

The skeptic part doesn't matter. She needs a fairly large sampling so she asked me if we could use our site, along with the usual walking up to strangers and asking if they would be willing to answer the questions for her survey. Every answer she gets here means less walking and time saved. The purpose of the survey is to get a passing grade in statistics, a requirement for her bachelors in psychology. As for what the survey is measuring, we can't really say because it may influence the answers. It's kinda fun though, if not entirely mundane...

Edited because I can't spell poll....

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  17:31:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
Try posting it over at smirking chimp.com. Right now, there's near 300 online there. Think there's 5k on the membership.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.