At Least It's Not Scientology
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2003 :  19:57:48  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
But how can mainstream medicine compete against Ah-nold?

Apparently, this has been going on for some time (I just found out). Makes his previous chairmanship of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports a little bit scary.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

Caligula

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  15:15:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Caligula an AOL message Send Caligula a Private Message
Hello, Just wondering if scientologists could really be aliens ? (serious) I was told that once.

can anyone help ?

Warning: Some replies could get me mad but I'm sexier when I'm mad.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  16:02:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Caligula

Hello, Just wondering if scientologists could really be aliens ? (serious) I was told that once.

can anyone help ?

According to $cientologists, we are all parts of eternal, insubstantial aliens who came here before Earth was populated. Bu humans, that is...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 01/14/2004 16:04:18
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  17:00:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Caligula, as far as I can tell, most scientologists are simply human beings who've been duped by other human beings into believing foolish things. The remainder are human beings who've fooled themselves. Absolutely nothing other-worldly about any of them.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  16:18:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Oddly, the new Governor wants to cut chiropractic coverage from California's version of Medicaid.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  12:00:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
And now, he wants to do away with FDA oversight of supplements:
quote:
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Arnold Schwarzenegger, the governor of California where a nutritional firm is the focus of a global steroid scandal, opposes government regulation of dietary supplements, his office said on Monday.

Schwarzenegger, who has admitted to using steroids as a bodybuilding champion, told his Arnold Fitness Weekend in Columbus, Ohio, on Sunday that such oversight was unnecessary.

"I have always campaigned against the FDA getting involved in food supplements," he said in quotes confirmed by his office on Monday. "I have very rarely seen the government do anything that was effective."
One wonders why he got involved in the government, then.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  02:47:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

And now, he wants to do away with FDA oversight of supplements:
quote:
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Arnold Schwarzenegger, the governor of California where a nutritional firm is the focus of a global steroid scandal, opposes government regulation of dietary supplements, his office said on Monday.

Schwarzenegger, who has admitted to using steroids as a bodybuilding champion, told his Arnold Fitness Weekend in Columbus, Ohio, on Sunday that such oversight was unnecessary.

"I have always campaigned against the FDA getting involved in food supplements," he said in quotes confirmed by his office on Monday. "I have very rarely seen the government do anything that was effective."
One wonders why he got involved in the government, then.

What does the the letters F, D, and A stand for?

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  08:21:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Food and Drug Administration.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  20:01:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Food and Drug Administration.

An Administration that is made to control food and drugs...
I would suggest that food supplements qualify as both, so I don't understand his grief:
"I have always campaigned against the FDA getting involved in food supplements,"

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Renae
SFN Regular

543 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  21:12:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Renae a Private Message
Dr. M, I'm guessing that Arnold is against FDA regulation of supplements because it might cost the supplement makers money. If supplement manufacturers had to prove their products were safe, pure, and actually worked (gasp), they would cost more to manufacture.

Pharmaceutical companies, however, ARE under the purview of the FDA. By some miracle, the Republicans haven't de-funded and demoralized the FDA into impotency as they have other government agencies, such as the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) or the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Not yet, anyway.

Like most Republicans, Arnold is probably against anything that might possibly cut into corporate profits.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.