Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2003 :  23:45:42  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
Just a short note for everyone 'round here.

Merry Christmas from sunny Australia, I hope everyone arrives into the New Year safe and not too hungover.

I hope you all get a really really cool present and I hope you all get to catch up with those people that mean the most.

Take care.

Edited 'cos I can't spell Christmas

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken

Edited by - gezzam on 12/22/2003 23:47:03

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  10:02:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
You, too, Gezzam - and all the rest who might read this.

Especially the hangover part.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  21:07:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gezzam

Just a short note for everyone 'round here.

Merry Christmas from sunny Australia, I hope everyone arrives into the New Year safe and not too hungover.

I hope you all get a really really cool present and I hope you all get to catch up with those people that mean the most.

Take care.

Edited 'cos I can't spell Christmas

You 2, G. What a sweet thing to say. Thank you.
All the best to everyone for a Happy New Year too.
Spelling doesn't count!

ps.Gezzam, will you please email me Pntbrshi@aol.com, would like to ask you some thing about Australia, if you don't mind.

www.Carabao.net
As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.
Mick Shrimpton
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  01:28:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Right back at ya, Gezz!

And wishing to all the best of the season. Here in NC, at 2 am, it's unseasonably warm and with a little drizzle. Today, all gifts finished (I don't wrap 'em. It's wasteful as well as being a nuisance), I will laze about, building myself up for the big debauchery of tomorrow. My share of the pig is iced down in the cooler, and I will start cooking it at my elder daughter's place about 5 am. At 5 pm, I plan on being home, belly full, bealching and farting, with hog grease in my beard, and with a pretty good buzz on.

It is my fond wish that everyone will be as fortunate.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2003 :  03:05:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thursday the weather close to the demographic center of Sweden (where I live) were windy, and between +7°C and +8°C. I thought this was unacceptable as Christmas weather so I went out for a ride with my motorcycle as a protest against it. If was my Biker-snow-dance that made he trick or not, I can't say but...
By the evening of 21:st the snowstorm hit us hard. The day before Christmas Eve the temperature was down to -15°C But now, two days later it's back at +6°C again.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2003 :  03:51:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
It was 28 degrees here in Melbourne....I worked Christmas Eve from 11:00pm until 11:00am Christmas Day, went straight to Mum and Dads, ate drove home not having slept in 27 hours and then went to bed.

It's 10:00pm Christmas Day and I have to go back to stinking work for another 12 hours.

It'll be worth it on payday.

Gezza

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2003 :  09:19:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Gezzam:
It's 10:00pm Christmas Day and I have to go back to stinking work for another 12 hours.

Gee whiz Gezz, if you were here right now in sunny (it's raining) California, it would be 8:00am on Christmas day and it would probably be yesterday by now. No. It wouldn't be yesterday if you were here. But it's tomorrow for you right now from where I'm sitting. Ummmm, nevermind...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2003 :  09:29:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gezzam

It was 28 degrees here in Melbourne....I worked Christmas Eve from 11:00pm until 11:00am Christmas Day, went straight to Mum and Dads, ate drove home not having slept in 27 hours and then went to bed.

It'll be worth it on payday.

Gezza

Good Morning All.
8 am Xmas day.
Weather-strange. Wetness falling from sky. Rain? We don't usualy get our one day of rain for the year until Febuary. Oh well, I love the rain. I'd like to go out Geocaching but Dennis is being a 'stick in the mud'. (no pun intended). We may go later.
Hope everyone has a great day.
G, if you are not happy with your job, can you find another. Hate to see someone who has to feel bad about going to work. I used to work in a space ship. It was really a room filled with computers but all the flashing lights made it fun to think I was going to blast off the Mars any time.
Life is amusing!
Enjoy

www.Carabao.net
As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.
Mick Shrimpton
Go to Top of Page

dimossi
Skeptic Friend

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2003 :  13:49:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit dimossi's Homepage  Send dimossi an AOL message Send dimossi a Private Message
Happy Holidays everyone. Here a special version of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" I wrote that I hope some of you will enjoy:

'Twas The Season For Reason
by Dimossi

'Twas many days before Christmas, when all through Iraq
Many insurgents were bombing, US targets they did attack.
The US military was patrolling with care,
In hopes they might catch Saddam in his lair.

Meanwhile, George Bush was nestled all snug in his bed,
While visions of the next election danced in his head:
Bush in his flight suit, and the economy booming,
'Misson Accomplished' in Iraq, terror no longer looming.
Then Bush awoke from his political wet dream,
Realized abortion was still legal and let out a scream.

Bush called Rumsfeld hoping to be put at ease;
Upon answering, Bush asked if we had found WMDs;
None had been found so Bush went back to sleep,
Nightmarish dreams upon Bush did creep:
Choking on pretzels; mispronouncing words;
Hated by the Shiites, Sunnis, and Kurds;
Bashed for an unjust war in Democratic debates;
Losing support in many key southern states.

Bush cringed in his sleep thinking what this meant,
He might be like his dad, a one-term president.
Edwards, Lieberman, Dean, Gephardt,
Kucinich, Kerry, Sharpton, or Clark.
Every candidate had a chance to see Bush gone,
He could even lose to Carol Moseley Braun.

Back in Iraq the cost of the war climbs,
The search goes on for the source of terror crimes.
The stakes are high as Iraq we try to rebuild,
The body count rises as more soldiers are killed.
Suicide bombers and roadside attacks, for starts;
There are even missiles launched from donkey carts.
Iraqis are afraid to let their children outside,
They feel the US promised them safety but must have lied.

Bin Laden, Saddam, and other tyrants still at large,
Hatred against the US intensifying with Bush in charge.
The bad news continues with no end in sight,
But something to celebrate may come this night.

Operation "Red Dawn" had many troops out on patrol,
Searching a farmhouse they found a spider hole.
In the hole was Saddam living like a rat,
He gave himself up without any combat.
It was a surprise he had hid in a small enclosure;
The troops hoped this capture would bring Iraqis closure.
Saddam was dirty, bearded and disheveled,
Like an evil Santa that was bedeviled.
The news hit the airwaves like a battering ram,
TVs showed video of Saddam's medical exam.

Bush rejoiced at the news and pondered what's next,
He prayed as usual over his religious text.
He prayed and prayed, but not for Saddam's salvation,
He prayed for linguistic help when addressing the nation.

Bush may have received his present early this year,
As well as many Iraqis who have one less thing to fear.
But danger sill lingers and questions still remain;
Can a democratic Iraq be something we can attain?
What will become of Saddam who was oh so vile?
How many crimes will he face at a trial?
Will our past funding and arming of Saddam be known?
Will justified reasons for the war ever be shown?

Questions will continue and answers should be sought
Using critical inquiry and freedom of thought.
Finding out the truth should be our intent,
Even if it means politically incorrect dissent.
Hope for peace, tolerance and the use of reason,
While you are with family & friends this holiday season.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." [Philip K. Dick, science-fiction author]
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2003 :  04:00:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

quote:
Gezzam:

Gee whiz Gezz, if you were here right now in sunny (it's raining) California, it would be 8:00am on Christmas day and it would probably be yesterday by now. No. It wouldn't be yesterday if you were here. But it's tomorrow for you right now from where I'm sitting. Ummmm, nevermind...

Did someone give you a Flux Capacitor for Christmas??????

If they did, I wanna know where you got the 1.21 gigawatts of power to run it

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.