The Social Issues Folder
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  23:40:52  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message

The Social Issues Folder

Moderated by Valiant Dancer

The Social Issues Folder is one of the forums available on the Skeptic Friends Network.

If you've got an opinion on the current "rules" regarding manners, dating behavior, sexual orientation, gender issues, groupthink, family structures, or any other social issue, feel free to make it known in this folder.

Prior to posting, please take a look at the FAQ, including our intellectual property policies.

Here's a link to the New Topic page for the Social Issues Folder, if you're ready to make a post. If you're not yet registered, click here, first.

If you need to speak privately to a moderator of this forum, you can send a PM to Valiant Dancer.

Please reply to this thread only if you'd like to comment on the Social Issues Folder itself. All other thoughts, including suggestions for topics of discussion, should be posted as replies to topics already listed in the folder, or as New Topics. Thank you.

Edited by - Valiant Dancer on 05/18/2006 06:10:41

ethan

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2004 :  18:06:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ethan's Homepage  Send ethan an AOL message Send ethan a Private Message
I just wanted to make a reference to the often forgotten issue of abortion. I won't get into the hypocrisy that's involved in the actual act of abortion right now, but I did want to address the Post Abortion Syndrome (PAS) and the mental and physical trauma that occurs in so many women who have an abortion. So many people have this conception of "choice," but do these women know the emotional and physical baggage that will come along with that choice? Abortion isn't a good thing for anyone involved, except maybe the abortionist who makes the money.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2004 :  18:19:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Ethan, this will almost certainly need to be edited. This topic is for information about the forum. Adding to a topic like this means your are commenting on the original post. Please look for the link/button for New Topic to begin a new discussion OR look for a topic that's already started related to what you want to discuss.

Welcome to SFN!

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

ethan

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2004 :  20:14:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ethan's Homepage  Send ethan an AOL message Send ethan a Private Message
i'm really sorry, new to this site, and i was pretty confused, still am a bit as to how you view things, but i'm probably just missin something obvious

ethan
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2004 :  20:43:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
To start a new topic in the Social Issues folder, follow this link.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.