Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2004 :  10:57:03  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
Just recieved this in my email:

quote:
Attention,

i am an attorney in practice here in southAfrica. The nature of my services covers individuals, corporate bodies and Institutions. I also represent government departments as an external solicitor.

One of such clients was a foreign National (Now deceased] i was his attorney for several years before his untimely death. Some three years ago, his company secured some contracts from the Federal Government of Nigeria valued at $39Million. His Company received mobilization fee of $15.6Million, representing 40% of the contract value. His Company executed the contract and had long been commissioned, but the balance of the contract payment, valued at ($23.4Million) along with many other foreign contract payments, was postponed by the government.

While he was pursuing the release of this money, his company became financially distressed and was ultimately liquidated by irate creditors.Consequent upon this, he was declared bankrupt and came with his family (wife and only daughter) to effectively pursue the payment, which was his only hope of continued existence. Unfortunately, on June

1998, he, his wife and only daughter died in a ghastly plane crash, They were buried in cape town when after the regulatory one Month, nobody was prepared to take them away.

The Government has now directed the release of all outstanding contract payments by quarterly disbursements ,his Contract fee is among those approved for release this quarter. As his personal Attorney for many years before his death, I have been officially notified and instructed to forward particulars of his next of kin so that the money can be remitted into his/her account.

However, as attorney and close confidant of his, I know that he did not leave any WILL hence no apparent heir to his estate and no contesting creditors or other interests. You can see then that this money will be paid into the account of whomever I present and proof of affinity, affidavits and other documents of which I will brief you .

Unfortunately,after investigations we found out that he has no family members who are aware of the existence of such an amount and as such have decided to do business with you,alongside the concerned officials here in the bank.

if You stand in as the next of kin of late Dr. Michael Beeston and then the money will be released to you,after the due processes have been followed

Obviously we do not want this money to go into the Bank Treasury because the banking law and guideline stipulates that if such money remains unclaimed for a period of 5 years the money will be transferred into the Banks Treasury as an unclaimed debt.

So, should I respond and see where they try to lead?

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2004 :  12:16:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Trish
So, should I respond and see where they try to lead?

Na. Don't waste your time. I did respond to one, don't know if they got it or what, never got a reply (as if). Have gotten more of those same types of emails recently, tried blocking the address but get more.
Just delete them.
Damn! They are so annoying. I can almost understand why people don't like junk mail.
nlm

www.Carabao.net
As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.
Mick Shrimpton
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.