Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  13:00:55  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Okay. So I'm a moron. My wife wants to go, so I'm going to Akron on May 1 to see John Edwards. Yes, I'm actually paying for tickets which qualifies me for an interview and maybe a picture in the talking to the idiots book.

Since I am going, want me to ask your dead great-grandfather if he really killed that guy back in Seattle?

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 04/28/2004 03:03:04

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  13:14:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo

Okay. So I'm a moron. My wife wants to go

OK. Stop right there. In between paying for tickets to see a fraud and the wrath of a woman scorned, you did the smart thing. There is no substitute for peace in ones own house.

quote:
, so I'm going to Akron on May 1 to see John Edwards. Yes, I'm actually paying for tickets which qualifies me for an interview and maybe a picture in the talking to the idiots book.

Since I am going, want me to ask your dead great-grandfather if he really killed that guy back in Seattle?

Have him ask my wife's great grandfather to put in a good word for my son going to a college he helped build the first buildings for.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  13:16:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Yeah, ask him that, then don't tell him jack-shit when he starts cold reading.

Oh, by the way, he did,

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  13:30:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Two cool grandfathers so far.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  13:36:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Well, at least my wife is on the taking money end of that business.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  13:44:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Yeah, that's an idea. Maybe I can learn the business!

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  14:09:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
quote:

I want to know about my uncle Norman.
And that's ALL I'm going to say.

Really besides that I'd like to know how John sees/hears these people.
Are they disembodied voices or do they 'live' together in one big place like floating vapors. Do they have houses like we do, and for gods sake how do they go through an average day. Do they sit there waiting to be 'called' on to give stupid answers to the living just so John can say he talked to one of them? There are so many questions, it's all so confusing.

www.Carabao.net
As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.
Mick Shrimpton
Go to Top of Page

PitS

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  17:26:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send PitS a Private Message
As an Edwards I would like to point out that this suckers name is Edward. No "s" on the end. I don't like any more association with him than that.

Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  18:05:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
Ask him about my teenage dog, Mackie. Ask him to ask her why she hated our cat Socks so much.......

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  03:05:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
My wife let me know that yesterday. Do you want to be associated with the Senator?

quote:
Originally posted by PitS

As an Edwards I would like to point out that this suckers name is Edward. No "s" on the end. I don't like any more association with him than that.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  03:07:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
I'll let you know if I find out.

quote:
I want to know about my uncle Norman.
And that's ALL I'm going to say.

Really besides that I'd like to know how John sees/hears these people.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  04:35:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:

Okay. So I'm a moron. My wife wants to go, so I'm going to Akron on May 1 to see John Edwards. Yes, I'm actually paying for tickets which qualifies me for an interview and maybe a picture in the talking to the idiots book.

Since his show is essentially stand up comedy I believe that full and heart felt belly laughs are in order. I know he comes across as sincere to most people, but I just believe that he is very god at remaining in character while delivering his stand up routine.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  05:10:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Cool. I'll bring plastic like it was a Gallagher show.

My wife tells me that we are to wear dark clothing, as anything bright distracts him. I'll try not to be too bright.

quote:
Since his show is essentially stand up comedy I believe that full and heart felt belly laughs are in order. I know he comes across as sincere to most people, but I just believe that he is very god at remaining in character while delivering his stand up routine.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Renae
SFN Regular

543 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  05:17:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Renae a Private Message

This is gonna be funny. I can't wait for the post-game report.
Go to Top of Page

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  19:45:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by moakley

Yes, Moakley, I'm written before that I think he's a good actor. Don't know how he keeps from cracking himself up.
I'm willing to bet, those clips are edited out....how could it not ever have happened?

www.Carabao.net
As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.
Mick Shrimpton
Go to Top of Page

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  19:47:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
quote:
I'll try not to be too bright.

Rev, you'll have to be a really good actor for that.

www.Carabao.net
Mick Shrimpton
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.