New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2004 :  23:23:25  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
Haven't been on this web page for a few days, but suddenly now, when I click on it from my AOL Favorite Places, when the web site comes up, I'm automaticaly logged in.
That's never happened before!
It's difficult to use this web site while being logged in, so do you know what's happening?
I click log out but when I click on the website in Favorite Places again, I'm logged in when the site comes on and I had previously logged out.

Please tell me how to stay logged off of this site when clicking on it.
Otherwise, I won't be able to post on this site anymore......or is that the intent?
PS. if possible can someone email me the answer as I don't know when I'll be able to check for an answer in this folder.
Thank you,
nlm
SnkEys@aol.com

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2004 :  23:46:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Woody D

Haven't been on this web page for a few days, but suddenly now, when I click on it from my AOL Favorite Places, when the web site comes up, I'm automaticaly logged in.
That's never happened before!
It's difficult to use this web site while being logged in, so do you know what's happening?
I click log out but when I click on the website in Favorite Places again, I'm logged in when the site comes on and I had previously logged out.

Please tell me how to stay logged off of this site when clicking on it.
Otherwise, I won't be able to post on this site anymore......or is that the intent?
PS. if possible can someone email me the answer as I don't know when I'll be able to check for an answer in this folder.
Thank you,
nlm
SnkEys@aol.com

well, I just tried again to sign on to this web site and once again it automaticly logged me on as Woody D.
This makes it impossible to post anything in various folders or read new posts. So sorry, until the problem is fixed. Nice knowing you.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2004 :  12:06:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
So, can you log into other websites? I have seen this problem at work a lot the last couple of weeks and it's almost always been "spyware" that runs in the background. No changes have been made to this site's login/logout functions.

The problem is on your computer. Try downloading and running Adaware. Check the topic on "Problems Logging in?" in the Announcements folder.

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  20:30:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

So, can you log into other websites?

There's only one other site I go on where one has to log on, give a password. And it works fine, just as it always has.

quote:

I have seen this problem at work a lot the last couple of weeks and it's almost always been "spyware" that runs in the background. No changes have been made to this site's login/logout functions.

How does one know if they have that on their computer?

quote:

The problem is on your computer. Try downloading and running Adaware. Check the topic on "Problems Logging in?" in the Announcements folder.
@

Well.....how come it happens on the other computer too? At the same time? You mean both computers just happened to have the same 'problem' on the very same day and time? I guess that's possible but strange.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  10:00:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Do both computers run the AOL instant messenger? There was an update for that which I have seen cause many problems. If it is installed did you install the recent AIM upgrade...on both?

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Woody D
Skeptic Friend

Thailand
285 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2004 :  20:48:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Woody D a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

Do both computers run the AOL instant messenger? There was an update for that which I have seen cause many problems. If it is installed did you install the recent AIM upgrade...on both?
@

Thank you @ for getting back to me.
I thought IM's were 'part of the package' when you have AOL. So yes, at least my computer has it and I didn't install anything, it came with the computer. I don't know what AIM is. And don't know what Sky uses or has uploaded to his computer but it is different than mine (always has been), more difficult to use, about 2 years newer. Sorry, can't be of more help.
It's just that when I come on this site, I have to go through too many steps than before to get to the various folders, it's too much of a hassle, so I kind of get turned off by it.
Thanks anyway.

www.Carabao.net
As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.
Mick Shrimpton
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.