Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  07:05:20  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
It's so tiny, it looks like a kicked-over anthill. If it can't be read, what's the point of a forum?

I hope it's not going to stay this way.

Moved to the Report Problems folder - Dave W.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  07:16:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Yes, it is smaller. @tomic is in the middle of doing some modifications to make the code which runs the forums more efficient, and with any luck, he'll bump the size up again soon.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  07:23:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
oops, I left my most in the wrong place.. Anyhow, I can't get over how good the font looks using safari. Oh well. Cant most browsers choose the font? I seem to have seen that in preferences...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  07:38:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Oddly, Safari has just taken on the new look...

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  08:21:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Is this better?

I went from 8pt to 12px

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  08:23:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Yes.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  08:40:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Now it's from 12px to 9 pt. Is this still OK? I mean, they are all fine to me but I am just asking for you folks in the crappy seats...

@

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  08:46:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Darn, ok, I'm looking at this with IE and I can't see that anything has changed. Go figure..

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  08:47:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Looks better in Safari though....

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  08:48:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
You have to refresh the page.

@

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  08:49:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Back in IE and refreshed many times. Stil looks the same.

I really have to go now, so I can't give you anymore feedback.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  09:25:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Still looks like 12 pt to me, too, even after refreshing. This is a good size.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

NubiWan
Skeptic Friend

USA
424 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  12:40:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send NubiWan a Private Message
Me too, that is the font is too small, and very hard to read. Using "Gray" theme, like it cuz its easy on the ol' red eyes late at night. The font looks to be 'bout 10 pt. or less to me.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  12:56:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
<still squinting> Remains too small for my old eyes. Reading any kind of a long post is not an option.

What was wrong with it the way it was?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:08:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
What size does it compare to? The size of the text under your name (reading, for example, "SFN Regular")? The size of the text of your name?

For me, right now, the size of the message text matches the size of the text which makes up the commands near the upper-right corner: "New Topic," "Reply to Topic," "Printer Friendly," etc.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:15:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
How about now. Actually it was 9pt. but it is now 10pt.

I am working on it and will get it right. I am changing the method of font display to bring this site to current standards. Not only that but it should be faster and with easier to read fonts when I am done.

@

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.