Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2004 :  09:38:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
I just wonder:

If these societies are so secret, and these men rule the world, how come they're all over the 'net?

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2004 :  11:42:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

I just wonder:

If these societies are so secret, and these men rule the world, how come they're all over the 'net?

Because folks like you and your friends here don't take them serious! If a man joined them then left, then his life would be in question. Plus they interview members that have left the groups. I know about 3 freemasons! The only thing secrect is what goes on by the high level illuminati the world over. There haven't been any confirmed traders in that level!

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

Plyss
Skeptic Friend

Netherlands
231 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2004 :  11:57:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Plyss a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

quote:

I just wonder:

Because folks like you and your friends here don't take them serious! If a man joined them then left, then his life would be in question. Plus they interview members that have left the groups. I know about 3 freemasons! The only thing secrect is what goes on by the high level illuminati the world over. There haven't been any confirmed traders in that level!

Verlch, is there any objective way this can be verified? How do the illuminati make sure that noone who joins them sqeals in the end?
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2004 :  12:00:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Plyss

quote:

quote:

I just wonder:

Verlch, is there any objective way this can be verified? How do the illuminati make sure that noone who joins them sqeals in the end?

The Illuminati (1770's - hunted to extinction 1800) supposedly have contract hits on people who quit.

Basic conspiracy nonsense. verlch, of course, has a myriad of woo-woo conspiracy sites with shaded innuendo posing as evidence.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2004 :  12:11:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:

quote:

I just wonder:

My uncle was a freemason, too. And the only with a respectable family, wife, kids and no divorce, unlike the rest.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2004 :  13:22:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
My uncle was a Freemason and he said it was just a club. When he quit there was no problem, and he died years later from a normal accident, he fell asleep while driving his car one night.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2004 :  13:49:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Both of my grandfathers were Freemasons.

Sadly, I am not eligible to become one as they won't consider an atheist. You must be a believer in some higher power to apply. This is also true for the Odd Fellows and most of the other, older societies. A pretty snotty attitude, if you ask me.

Today there are some nefarious groups hanging around calling themselves 'Illuminati,' but these have nothing to do with the Masons and as far as I've found out, most are harmless at best and idiots at worst. As stated by Val, the original Illuminati, who also had no Mason connection, were ruthlessly surpressed by the government, which suspected them of plotting against it. And the truth of that matter remains in doubt -- was there really a plot or was it merely typical government paranoia?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2004 :  17:57:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
or put yet another way Without Doubt there is no Faith

Storm
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2004 :  19:28:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
The World is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes.

Benjamin Disraeli

"Masons .. admire the Druids and some of them even claim that Masonry came from Druidism. Of course, the Druids were occultic priests, practiced astrology, and offered human sacrifices." Dr. C. Burns, Masonic and Occult Symbols Illustrated, p. 28

To practice the Ancient Religion of the Druids means to carry out the rituals and philosophies of witchcraft.

"I saw a code of Masonic legislation adapted to prostrate every principle of equal justice and to corrupt every sentiment of virtuous feeling in the soul of him who bound his allegiance to it.

"I saw the practice of common honesty, the kindness of Christian benevolence, even the abstinence of atrocious crimes; limited exclusively by lawless oaths and barbarous penalties, to the social relations between the Brotherhood and the Craft. I saw slander organize into a secret, widespread and affiliated agency....I saw self-invoked imprecations of throats cut from ear to ear, of hearts and vitals torn out and cast off and hung on spires. I saw wine drunk from a human skull with solemn invocation of all the sins of its owner upon the head of him who drank it."

President John Quincy Adams

What matter the means as long as one arrives at the end?

Honre-Gabriel Riquetti, Comte de Mirabeau
'The Great Terror' Revolutionary and Freemason
Paris, 1789

By this plan we shall direct all mankind. In this manner, and by the simplest means, we shall set all in motion and in flames.

Spartacus (Weishaupt, a Professor) to Cato (Zwack, a Lawyer)
On founding of the Illuminati in 1776
Ingolstadt, Germany

I declare and I challenge all mankind to contradict my declaration, that no man can give any account of the order of Freemasonry, of it's origin, of it's history, of it's object, nor any explanation of it's mysteries and symbols, which does not leave the mind in total uncertainty on all these points. Every man is entitled therefore, to give any explanation of the symbols and a system of the doctrine that he can render palatable.

Hence have sprung up that variety of systems, which for twenty years has divided the order. The simple tale of the English, and the fifty degrees of the French, and the Knights of Baron Hunde, are equally authentic, and have equally had the support of intelligent and zealous brethren. These systems are in fact but one. They have all sprung from the Blue Lodge of three degrees.

Adam Weishaupt

It is useless to deny, because it is impossible to conceal, that a great part of Europe--the whole of Italy and France and a great portion of Germany, to say nothing of other countries--is covered with a network of these secret societies, just as the superficies of the earth is now being covered with railroads.

Benjamin Disraeli
July 14, 1856

Among the many parallels and co-incidences that are widely and often commented on between John F. Kennedy's and Abraham Lincoln's Presidency and Assassination are the following points that have been overlooked:

1. Both assassinations involve an elaborate conspiracy which implicates many prominent men, most of whom who turn out to have 'met on the level and parted on the square'.

2. Both assasinated Presidents are not Freemasons.

3. Both assasinated Presidents are replaced by Vice-Presidents who are Freemasons.

Theory!!!!

Shortly after his impeachment investigation began, Albert Pike and Gen. Gordon Granger met with President Andrew Johnson for some three hours at the White House. Soon afterwards, when Granger was summoned before the Judiciary Committee, he was asked to disclose the substance of that conversation with the president. Granger testified:

They [President Johnson and Pike] talked a great deal about Masonry. More about that than anything else. And from what they talked about between them, I gathered that he [Pike] was the superior of the President in Masonry. I understood from the meeting that the president was his subordinate in Masonry. ...

July 1782
The Order of the Illuminati joins forces with Freemasonry at the Congress of Wilhelmsbad.
The Comte de Virieu, an attendee at the conference, comes away visibly shaken. When questioned about the "tragic secrets" he brought back with him, he replies: "I will not confide them to you. I can only tell you that all this is very much more serious than you think." From this time on, according to his biographer, "the Comte de Virieu could only speak of Freemasonry with horror."

Also in attendence were such (il)luminaries as Cagliostro, Comte Saint Germain, Louis Claude De St. Martin, Thomas Paine, Anton Mesmer and Adam Weishaupt. In 1785 they met again at the Paris convention.

"Deluded people. You must understand that there exists a conspiracy in favor of despotism, and against liberty, of incapacity against talent, of vice against virtue, or ignorance against light! ...Every species of error which afflicts the earth, every half-baked idea, every invention serves to fit the doctrines of the Illuminati...The aim is universal domination."

Marquis de Luchet
Essay on the Sect of the Illuminati - January, 1789

We must turn our attention to an ideal that has always been of concern to men aspiring to the regeneration of all mankind - the liberation of the entire world and the establishment of the republic of brotherhood and world peace. Among the many remedies, there is one which we must never forget: the total annihilation of Catholicism and even of Christianity. What we must wait for is a pope suitable to our purposes because with such a pope, we could effectively crush the Rock on which God built his Church. Seek a pope fitting our description. Induce the clergy to march under your banner in the belief that they are marching under the papal banner. Make the younger, secular clergy, and even the religious, receptive to our doctrines.

Grand Master, Grand Orient of France
Grand Master, Grand Orient of Austria
Grand Master, Grand Lodge of Prussia
Grand Master, Grand Orient of Italy

First, Jubela "that my throat had been cut across, my tongue torn out, and my body buried in the rough sands of the sea, at low water mark, where the tide ebbs and flows twice in twenty-four hours, ere I had been accessory to the death of so good a man as our Grand Master, Hiram Abiff!"

The second, Jubelo "that my left breast had been torn open and my heart and vitals taken from thence and thrown over my left shoulder, carried into the valley of Jehosaphat, and there to become a prey to the wild beasts of the field and vultures of the air, ere I had conspired the death of so good a man as our Grand Master, Hiram Abiff!"

More talk of Hiram Abiff, shows mason's close ties with King Solomon. Dating back to King Solomons temple building! Hiram was killed for not sharing secrects of his knowledge of craftmanship!--Verlch

Subject: Re: Freemasonry Examine for Visitor
Newsgroups: alt.freemasonry
View: Complete Thread (16 articles) | Original Format
Date: 2001-01-14 05:10:04 PST

The foolish and ignorant anti who produced this is in error. A due examination includes more than grips and words. You must walk the Tilers sword and pass HIS examination.

As you have so denoted, many of the secrets of Masonry have been divulged, therefore the examinations are more stringent, being necessary to weed out those unworthy professing to be Masons.

May the GAOTU exact due retribution upon your soul for divulging Masonic information in such a manner, and for the sole purpose of be

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Edited by - verlch on 12/05/2004 02:40:51
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  01:22:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

The World is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes.

Benjamin Disraeli

"Masons .. admire the Druids and some of them even claim that Masonry came from Druidism. Of course, the Druids were occultic priests, practiced astrology, and offered human sacrifices." Dr. C. Burns, Masonic and Occult Symbols Illustrated, p. 28

To practice the Ancient Religion of the Druids means to carry out the rituals and philosophies of witchcraft.

"I saw a code of Masonic legislation adapted to prostrate every principle of equal justice and to corrupt every sentiment of virtuous feeling in the soul of him who bound his allegiance to it.

"I saw the practice of common honesty, the kindness of Christian benevolence, even the abstinence of atrocious crimes; limited exclusively by lawless oaths and barbarous penalties, to the social relations between the Brotherhood and the Craft. I saw slander organize into a secret, widespread and affiliated agency....I saw self-invoked imprecations of throats cut from ear to ear, of hearts and vitals torn out and cast off and hung on spires. I saw wine drunk from a human skull with solemn invocation of all the sins of its owner upon the head of him who drank it."

President John Quincy Adams

-----------------------------------

Ancedote and second-hand ancedote at that, as well as argument from authorty. No proof of anything. Bullshit.

I touched upon Adams in another thread. I'll not bother to do it again.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  03:14:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
When researching the Freemasons and the Illuminati, we find ourselves at something of a disadvantage. There are such a huge number of whacko sites that it is difficult to find reliable info. But here's something salvaged from the ocean of bullshit on the subject:
quote:
Illuminati, The New World Order & Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists (PCTs)

What is at stake is more than one small country [Kuwait], it is a big idea - a new world order, where diverse nations are drawn together in common cause to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind: peace and security, freedom, and the rule of law. Such is a world worthy of our struggle, and worthy of our children's future. --President George Bush in his state of the union address, January 16, 1991

The Illuminati was a secret society in Bavaria in the late 18th century. They had a political agenda that included republicanism and abolition of monarchies, which they tried to institute by means of "subterfuge, secrecy, and conspiracy," including the infiltration of other organizations.* They fancied themselves to be "enlightened" but they had little success and were destroyed within fifteen years of their origin (Pipes 1997).

Paranoid conspiracy theorists (PCTs) believe the Illuminati cabal still exists, either in its original form or as a paradigm for later cabals. Many PCTs believe "that large Jewish banking families have been orchestrating various political revolutions and machinations throughout Europe and America since the late eighteenth century, with the ultimate aim of bringing about a satanic New World Order."* What George Bush was talking about in his state of the union address in 1991 was no less than the establishment of a single world government with the anti-Christ (whom some say is Bill Clinton (or is he a decoy?), but could be Pat Robertson or George W. Bush) at its head.

http://skepdic.com/illuminati.html

Worth a read.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  05:19:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
If I write something about cutting of the head of the serpent, and some whack-job actually go off to snuff the American president, in how much danger would I be?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  06:48:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
We must turn our attention to an ideal that has always been of concern to men aspiring to the regeneration of all mankind - the liberation of the entire world and the establishment of the republic of brotherhood and world peace. Among the many remedies, there is one which we must never forget: the total annihilation of Catholicism and even of Christianity.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  07:42:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by R.Wreck

quote:
We must turn our attention to an ideal that has always been of concern to men aspiring to the regeneration of all mankind - the liberation of the entire world and the establishment of the republic of brotherhood and world peace. Among the many remedies, there is one which we must never forget: the total annihilation of Catholicism and even of Christianity.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Indeed. Once in a while, a precious gem can be found in the quote mines.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  14:38:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
..... public view, a manifestation which will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time.

How about that one!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds.