Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Stargirl
Skeptic Friend

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  15:53:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Stargirl a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

[quote]
Yeah from Ribland with my dignity! You guys can be sons of monkies, I'll be a Son of God!!!

Emphasis added

Having been raised as a Lutheran I know that Christians consider all of us to be the children of god.
Well, all right maybe not all of us.
But I'm pretty certain that the phrase Son of God was reserved for Jesus Christ.
Or is verlch now equating himself with Christ?
Come to think of it he does consider himself to be a victim of unjust disparagement.
If so we are witnessing the progressive deterioration of verlch.
What's next
Being a general contractor I suppose he'll build a compound in which to hole-up then wait for federal agents to come and get him.
That would go well with his other delusions.

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him - Voltaire
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  10:48:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Stargirl

quote:

[quote]
Yeah from Ribland with my dignity! You guys can be sons of monkies, I'll be a Son of God!!!

Emphasis added

Having been raised as a Lutheran I know that Christians consider all of us to be the children of god.
Well, all right maybe not all of us.
But I#8217;m pretty certain that the phrase Son of God was reserved for Jesus Christ.
Or is verlch now equating himself with Christ?
Come to think of it he does consider himself to be a victim of unjust disparagement.
If so we are witnessing the progressive deterioration of verlch.
What#8217;s next
Being a general contractor I suppose he#8217;ll build a compound in which to hole-up then wait for federal agents to come and get him.
That would go well with his other delusions.

That's what the media did to David Koresh. He didn't say he was Jesus Christ, he called himself a Son of God. Jesus Christ is Gods only begotten son and was the first born in the universe. Technically Jesus is the acutal Son of God. I am a believer and call myself a Son of God, as my alligence is with God. All believers are Sons and Daughters of the Most High. God is our Father, the Alpha figure.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  13:25:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Jesus Christ <snip> was the first born in the universe.
Not according to the bible. Genesis crearly infers that Cain was the first human born in the universe.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  23:46:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

quote:
Jesus Christ <snip> was the first born in the universe.
Not according to the bible. Genesis crearly infers that Cain was the first human born in the universe.

Before Jesus was the Son of Man he was the only begotten of God.

For God so loved the world
that he sent his only begotten
son, that whosoever beleiveth in Him
shall not parish, but have eternal
life.

So I believe in Heaven that Jesus was part of the same. Christ calls God the Father the head and Him the body. That realationship made Lucifer jealous enough to rebel against all of heaven and carry the rebellion to earth. The rebel is the leader of the false religion of Babylon...

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  22:21:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
http://www.bluemanlibrary.com/luxor.php

More Egyptian stuff in Las Vegas no less!!!

The meaning of Luxor is this!

http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/l/l0299900.html

Edited by - verlch on 12/10/2004 22:29:34
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  02:39:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by filthy

How, presicly, is the evolution of primates, including ourselves, atheist? Do you think that chimpanzis should sing hyms, gorrilas and gibbons to hold revivals? Although I'll admit that Jerry Falwell has something on an orangu-tan aspect, do you expect that honorable ape to pontificate upon the morals of others?

(I might regret asking those questions.)

You are an atheist first, and to support your atheism you have to believe in evolution. Its the only way for you. That's why you ignore any and all evidence that would suggest evolution false and scripture as the infallible word of the Living God.

No, I am not an atheist first. I am a student of the natural world around me first; an atheist mainly because I was not brainwashed by Christian cultists as a child.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  03:25:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

And what pray, is wrong with Egyptian stuff in Las Vegas? Or anywhere else, for that matter?

Obviously, you have an adversion to history as well as science. The ancient Egyptians were the premier engineers of their day and had a rich culture.

quote:
I. Geography

A. Ancient Egypt is located in northeast Africa. Geography greatly influenced Egyptian life. The greatest influence on Egyptian society was the Nile River valley.

1. The Nile flooded every year which allowed the Egyptians to produce good crops.

- Every year from June - October it floods, depositing a layer of rich silt (fertile soil), creating a narrow strip of fertile land for farming.
- Due to receiving a new layer of soil every year, the Nile Valley has been farmed continuously for over 6,000 years
- The Nile flows north from mountains of east-central Africa to the Mediterranean Sea.

2. The Nile helped make Egypt the world's first unified state; it linked Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt.
3. The Nile served as a trade route and as a highway for travel.
(Because the land would be a desert without Nile waters, the ancient Greek historian Herodotus called Egypt "the gift of the Nile.")

Oh, wait... It's the Mason bullshit again, isn't it? And now you are worried that they are infiltrating 'Vegas, or something equally silly.

Earth to verlch! Earth to verlch, message follows: GET A GRIP! The only Masonic conspiricy in 'Vegas is that some few of them might be card-counters trying to rip off the blackjack tables. And that too, is far from infallable.

Oh, you forgot to mention Memphis TN. They also have a pyramid. It's an arena and used for sports and concerts, and so forth. I've seen it from I-40 and it's quite impressive.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  04:47:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
That's what the media did to David Koresh. He didn't say he was Jesus Christ, he called himself a Son of God. Jesus Christ is Gods only begotten son and was the first born in the universe. Technically Jesus is the acutal Son of God. I am a believer and call myself a Son of God, as my alligence is with God. All believers are Sons and Daughters of the Most High. God is our Father, the Alpha figure.

Just for the hell of it, let's take a look at Koresh and the Branch Davidians -- we can do that as this is a verlch-inspired thread that can (has and will) go anywhere:

Here's a chronological history of the cult.

And this.

quote:
Branch Davidians FAQ
What is the "latter rain" so often mentioned in the Branch Davidian Bible studies?
At the beginning of the book of Acts, the Holy Spirit is given to the disciples at Pentecost and Peter quotes from the Old Testament book of Joel "in the last days God says I will pour out my Spirit on all people" (Acts 2:17, Joel 2:28). Seventh-day Adventists note that earlier in the book of Joel it says "He sends abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains" (Joel 2:23) which in the King James Version is rendered "he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain and the latter rain" (Joel 2:23b KJV). Seventh-day Adventists argue that this is a reference to the outpouring of the Spirit, the "former rain" (spring rain) is the outpouring of the Spirit at Pentecost, recorded in Acts, and at the end of time there will be another outpouring, the "latter rain" (autumn rain). Branch Davidians follow Seventh-day Adventists in this interpretation, believing that at the end of time God's people will be greatly empowered by the Holy Spirit, and this empowering is referred to as the "latter rain".
And this.

quote:
What is Known about Waco:
A major tragedy happened at Waco in the Spring of 1993. There is a general consensus that the sequence of events included:

The ATF decided to arrest David Koresh on firearms violations. He could have been easily arrested away from the compound while jogging or while visiting Waco. But apparently it was necessary for them to arrest him at the compound near the guns in order to have a chance of winning a court case.
A group of 76 armed ATF agents entered the compound on 1993-FEB-28 and attempted to serve a search warrant
A shot was heard; it is unclear whether it was an accidental firing by an ATF agent, or an intentional or accidental discharge from within the buildings.
In the resultant firefight, 6 Davidians and 4 ATF agents died; at least one Davidian and 24 agents were wounded.

What a guy!

quote:
David Koresh
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
David Koresh, born Vernon Wayne Howell (August 17, 1959 - April 19, 1993) was a leader of the Branch Davidians, an apocalyptic Christian sect.

Koresh joined the Branch Davidians in 1981. In 1983, he began a live-in relationship with Lois Roden, the head of the Branch Davidians. The next year, at age 24, Koresh married a 14 year old named Rachel Jones. Lois Roden's son, George Roden, soon forced them out of the Davidian compound at Mt Carmel, on the outskirts of Waco. After a brief stay in Waco, Koresh acquired some land in Palestine, Texas and moved there with his growing band of followers, most of whom had followed him from Mt Carmel. During this period, Koresh took five more teenage brides. In November 1987, Koresh and eight of his followers were arrested for attempted murder after being involved in a nonfatal shootout with George Roden at Mt Carmel. In April 1988, Koresh and his followers were freed. Koresh's case had been declared a mistrial, and his followers had been acquitted. After this, Koresh and his followers, who by now included all of the Branch Davidians, returned to Mt Carmel.

A bit of Koresh's biography:

quote:
Vernon Wayne Howell was pretty much your average Houston teenager. "Vernie," as the other kids called him, was a dyslexic high school dropout born to an unwed teenaged mother. Pretty typical. In 1979, he went to Hollywood to make it as a rock guitarist, but after only two years gave up and moved to Waco.
In Waco he became a member of the Branch Davidian Seventh-Day Adventist religious cult, led by 67-year-old Lois Roden. Vernon enjoyed a sexual relationship with the charismatic senior citizen. When Lois died in 1986, a bitter power struggle ensued between Vernon and Roden's son George.

When a majority of congregants sided with George Roden, Vernon's followers were forced off the Mount Carmel complex at gunpoint. They relocated to Palestine, Texas. It seemed to have been basically a peaceful schism, as far as your crazy religious cults go.

It is notable that one Timothy McVeigh put on his murderous, little fireworks display on the second anaversery of Koresh's demise.

As are many others, I am convinced that the Whacko Waco stand-off was completly unecessary. The whole thing could have been accomplished by a couple of deputy sherrifs politly serving a warrent.

Some of this is a little redundant as you travel from link to link, but there is such an incredable amount of myth, not to say, "Outright crap!" floating around, that I thought to make it as complete as possible within a forum venue.

Verlch, if David Koresh is anything of an inspiration for you, you're in worse shape than I thought.

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 12/11/2004 06:42:42
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  10:35:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
originally posted by filthy:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And what pray, is wrong with Egyptian stuff in Las Vegas? Or anywhere else, for that matter?

Oh, you forgot to mention Memphis TN. They also have a pyramid. It's an arena and used for sports and concerts, and so forth. I've seen it from I-40 and it's quite impressive.

There is also the Golden Pyramid House in Wadsworth Illinois (I actually took the tour many years ago. A pretty cool shack, if you like that kind of thing.)

Wait a minute! I got out a map and connected Las Vegas, Memphis, and Wadsworth.

They form a triangle. And what shape is the side of a pyramid? A triangle!!!!! I'm beginning to think that maybe verlch is on to something here.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  03:03:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed.html
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed-p2.html
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed-p3.html
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed-p4.html
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed-p5.html
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed-p6.html
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed-p7.html

The man of sin revealed!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  03:59:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Post deleted due to early-morning incompetence.

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 01/07/2005 04:34:36
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  04:12:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed.html
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed-p2.html
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed-p3.html
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed-p4.html
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed-p5.html
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed-p6.html
http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/antichristrevealed-p7.html

The man of sin revealed!

Well yeah, I suppose.

Let's see if I've got this straight: once we cut through all the fanciful, Bible blather, beasts and horns and such, it turns out that the Anti-christ is some pope or other and by extention, the Catholic Church. Is that pretty close?

So, are we now to discuss what rat-bastards the Catholics are? If so, I must remind that Martin Luther was a frothing antisemite and the Protestant version of the Inquisition was fully as grim and bloody as it's Catholic counterpart. The Catholics just got more press. Therefore, once done defaming the Mary-idolitors, we should give the Protestants equal time. It only seems fair; spread the hatred around evenly.

Sometimes I wonder: could Christianity itself be the very demon it so lovingly describes?

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 01/07/2005 14:49:42
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  06:29:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
You've got to be kiddin' that this thread was digged out its hellhole and into life.

Amazing, simply amazing.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  07:17:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message
I dunno. If you read those links and simply add "in my pants" to the end of each sentence, it makes it more....interesting.

- TW

- TW
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  07:22:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
lmfao. [tries that]

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.94 seconds.