Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  09:13:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.
1st movie: "The heads. You're looking at the heads. Sometimes he goes too far. He's the first one to admit it."

2nd: "How 'bout a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray?"

1. Apocalypse Now
2. Weird Science
3. ...?

Next Quote: "Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time."

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/22/2004 09:47:34
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  09:46:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
H. Humbert wrote:
quote:
3. ...?
Another quote from film #3: "Ok, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president."
quote:
Next Quote: "Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time."
Dammit. What was the name of that film? Tommy Boy.

Here's another one: "Wolfman's got nards!"

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  09:51:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Another quote from film #3: "Ok, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president."

Ok, that's Big Trouble In Little China. Jack Burton has flair for melodrama.
quote:
Here's another one: "Wolfman's got nards!"

Is that The Monster Squad?

Next Quote: "I was lucky in the order, but I've always been lucky when it comes to killin' folk."

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/22/2004 10:04:53
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  09:54:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Heres a list of the 44 0% tomatometer reviews from 2000 or later.
quote:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/browser.php?movietype=3&genre=&tomatometer=%3D0%25s&mpaa=&decade=2000s&video_format=&x=49&y=10

You can browse through the database and select 0% only or <10% movies etc...

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  10:01:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Man I tried to find one of the 0% movies that I actually liked but it was rougher than I thought. Closest I came was National Lampoons: Senior Trip which had funny parts but still sucked.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  10:40:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
H. Humbert wrote:
quote:
Ok, that's Big Trouble In Little China. Jack Burton has flair for melodrama.
Indeed. Sneaky of me to use a wrongly guessed movie, wasn't it?
quote:
Is that The Monster Squad?
Yes, indeedy.

I've got no clue as to the original of your latest quote. I'll let someone else field it.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  10:45:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Thats Clint Eastwood in Unforgivin, responding to the writer after he kills Bill and his cronies.

Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  11:27:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
1. "Your a Pimp? You look like Gandhi."

2. "You know, minimum security prison is no picnic. I had a client in there once. He said the trick is kick someone's ass the first day, or become somebody's bitch. Then everything will be alright."

3."Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?"

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  11:46:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
1) bachelor party

2) Office space?

3) OBWAT

Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  12:14:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Yep - Office Space

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  13:26:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
How about this one: "No, we're not homosexual, but we are willing to learn."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  13:30:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

How about this one: "No, we're not homosexual, but we are willing to learn."

Stripes, with Bill Murray. Geez, I haven't seen that one since the eighties...
It has really left an impression on me, that movie...

Edited, for spelling and stuff.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 09/23/2004 13:31:54
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  16:01:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Bingo, Mab.

How about "What do you say? What do you say? What do you say? You little brat. You've never thanked me. I'll see you tomorrow. Maybe."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  16:28:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
How about "What do you say? What do you say? What do you say? You little brat. You've never thanked me. I'll see you tomorrow. Maybe."

Groundhog Day.

New Quote: "Then one morning, I woke up and said, "Fuck fish." I renounce fish, I will never set foot in that ocean again. And there hasn't been a time where I have stuck so much as a toe back in that ocean.
"But why?"
"Done with fish."

(This one's a little tough, but I'll say it's a fairly recent film. Came out within the last 3 years.)

Or someone can take the softball: "What are you supposed to be, some kind of a cosmonaut?"
"No, we're exterminators. Someone saw a cockroach up on twelve."

Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/23/2004 16:47:15
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  17:03:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
H. Humbert wrote:
quote:
New Quote: "Then one morning, I woke up and said, "Fuck fish." I renounce fish, I will never set foot in that ocean again. And there hasn't been a time where I have stuck so much as a toe back in that ocean.
"But why?"
"Done with fish."

(This one's a little tough, but I'll say it's a fairly recent film. Came out within the last 3 years.)
Finding Nemo II?
quote:
Or someone can take the softball: "What are you supposed to be, some kind of a cosmonaut?"
"No, we're exterminators. Someone saw a cockroach up on twelve."
What, are we on a Bill Murray kick now? Ghostbusters.

New one: "I... I - I - I... I... I want the knife... Pleeeeease."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.