Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  17:17:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.
Finding Nemo II?

Oooh, so close. But no.
quote:
New one: "I... I - I - I... I... I want the knife... Pleeeeease."

The Golden Child, as Eddie Murphy "scratches" a Tibetan prayer wheel like a record player. Man, haven't seen that one in ages, but funny flick from what I remember.

I'll leave the fish quote go a bit longer. I'll post more quotes if no one guesses the movie. Or, 'nother softball:
"What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?"

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/23/2004 17:20:36
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  18:24:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert
"What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?"

Pulp Fiction

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  18:29:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by astropin
Pulp Fiction

Yes. A classic of american cinema by anyone's standards.

Ok, new quote from same movie as the old:
"Listen, I need a cool way to kill people. Don't worry, for my script."

(Old Quote:) "Then one morning, I woke up and said, "Fuck fish." I renounce fish, I will never set foot in that ocean again. And there hasn't been a time where I have stuck so much as a toe back in that ocean.
"But why?"
"Done with fish."

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/23/2004 18:29:46
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  18:38:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
"My dad thinks I paid for all this with catering jobs. Never underestimate the power of denial".

Oh, and the Fish quote...I cheated but won't reveal the answer....never saw that one.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  18:45:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
One more (I'm a real movie buff so I don't think this thread will get old for me as long as others keep playing).

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with ... molecular structures."

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  00:25:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

"My dad thinks I paid for all this with catering jobs. Never underestimate the power of denial".

American beauty

quote:
"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with ... molecular structures."

Army of Darkness

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  04:39:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Also had to cheat on the fish quote. Got to see that one.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. What the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  10:04:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Well, since I had to cheat to get the fish quote (haven't seen the movie), and I'm stumped on the other quote still open, I'll go ahead and add another softball:

"What's that watermelon doing there?"

And from now on in the game, extra credit if you can offer up the entire name of the character from whom the quotes are drawn ("entire name" as in that which is listed in the credits). Names of the actors tend to be easier, I'm talking about the names of the characters. For example, the Golden Child quote above did not come from Eddie Murphy, but from Chandler Jarrell.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  10:36:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
"The gun is good, the penis is evil!"

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  15:55:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Man, three quotes out there and I know nary a one. The fish quote was from Adaptation, as it seems most of you have already looked up. The IMDB is an excellent place to find quotes, but obviously also makes cheating very easy. Guess we'll all have to follow gentleman's rules and agree to admit when we're stumped.

As I can't offer a guess on any of the current quotes, I'll add a few into the pot of varying difficulty:

1) "Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?"

2) "Maybe I'm spending too much of my time starting up clubs and putting on plays. I should probably be trying harder to score chicks."

3) "You know, Spider, you're a fuckin' mumbling stuttering little prick. You know that?"

4) "I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball."

5) "I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life, anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die."

Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/24/2004 16:01:38
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  18:34:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
quote:

1) "Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?"

2) "Maybe I'm spending too much of my time starting up clubs and putting on plays. I should probably be trying harder to score chicks."

3) "You know, Spider, you're a fuckin' mumbling stuttering little prick. You know that?"

4) "I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball."

5) "I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life, anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die."

1. Raiders of the lost Ark - Indiana Jones
2. ?
3. ?
4. Caddy Shack - Ty ?
5. Blade Runner - Rick Deckard

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  18:38:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
1. Raiders of the lost Ark - Indiana Jones
2. ?
3. ?
4. Caddy Shack - Ty ?
5. Blade Runner - Rick Deckard

Good work. Ty's last name is Webb I think. Dunno for sure.

Here's another goodie: "This was no boat accident."

Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/24/2004 18:39:04
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  18:50:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
OH! I should have known #3

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  05:13:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Here's another goodie: "This was no boat accident."

Jaws - Matt Hooper (Richard Dreyfuss)
Go to Top of Page

razor

6 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  08:33:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send razor a Private Message
I always think of this one when I read Verlch's posts.

"Whacked right outa his skull. He ain't never comin' back."

Edited for typo.
Edited by - razor on 09/29/2004 08:47:56
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.31 seconds.