Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 Do ye not know, that we shall Judge Angels?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  21:01:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Hello, my name is verlch, and I drink contaminated pond water.

Hello verlch!

Seriously man.... you should start filtering and boiling that shit before you drink it!

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  21:44:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

Hello verlch!

Seriously man.... you should start filtering and boiling that shit before you drink it!

Well...dude, I was waiting for the pond water to evolve before my eyes, than to take a sip....Little did I know....

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  23:20:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Verlch, what about handling venomous snakes? You know, quite a few Christians believe that Jesus instructed them to test their faith with such trials, and that theif faith protects them harm. (Based on an obscure bible verse, which I must admit fails me at the moment.) But I've seen them twine deadly serpents around their hands and drink (subsequent tests revealed heavily diluted) poison.

So, Verlch, what do you say? Grab a viper by the tail, if he bites ya, let him go? Or is that too crazy even for you? I'm just curious what you think of such people, and whether you'd ever considered trying it yourself.

But just so you know, it is dangerous. A few unfortunate souls have learned the hard way that sometimes snakes can bite clean through shields of faith.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 10/07/2004 23:26:05
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  02:43:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

quote:
Originally posted by Dude

Hello verlch!

Well...dude, I was waiting for the pond water to evolve before my eyes, than to take a sip....Little did I know....

Ever look at it with a microscope? It's an amazing, little world filled with complex creatures hurrying about their business, all in a tiny drop. I don't recall any religious text mentioning such a remarkable thing. It should have been mentioned because dysentary is a nasty, often fatal affilction that will evolve your intestines into something you'd wish you didn't have. In the Middle Ages, it was called the 'Bloody Flux.' God would surely want to protect the Anointed, wouldn't he? Could it be that the deity didn't know? Is he just a heavenly ignoramus after all?

There's all kinds of neat and dangerous stuff in pond water that the Bumbling Incompetent should have warned y'all about, but didn't. Lung flukes, liver flukes, and guinea worm, to name just a few.

Do boil the water before drinking it, verlch. God's lovely creations will not be kind to you.

And, stifle the temptation to pick up hot snakes, hmmm? Snakebite hurts in ways that someone who has never had one cannot appreciate. We would not like to hear that you were laid up with an arm the size of your leg, covered with blood-filled blebs, gangrene starting in your fingers due to swelling blocking the circulation to them, and your faith not working out so great.

You must have a care verlch. There's lots of dreadful things out there that God didn't know about or never bothered to mention if he did. The next time you engage him in converstaion, demand to know how come he failed to tell you about fungus' such as ergot of rye, bacterium like Yersina pestis, and the dread Loch Ness Monster that must be microscopic, because no one can see it.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 10/08/2004 03:00:54
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  06:49:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

verlch wrote:
quote:
Whatever Dave. Do you have to pay for the space? Is it unlimited? How much would I have to donate to make you happy? Other forums have unlimited space. If you have something to sell I suggest you do it, with more people comes added traffic and I hope that would put a smile on your face.
Aside from what Mab wrote, above, these forums are not your personal playground, verlch. I have no clue as to what might possess you to think that you should be able to post anything you wish, and that our only objections might be based upon wasted space. Did I mention any space concerns? No.

Than I'm not killing anybody by posting this in here, in the religion section, am I? I was going to post something and talk about things as the posts streamed in, in the religion section. Religion vs whatever evil force has swept through cyberspace.

You defend evolution, albeit not with your life, but you denfend it. Christ asks me to 'defend the faith' and to be willing to die for it. So there you have it, a small battle between forces. One, divine direction and one natural selection. I for one find it silly that one might support the latter, so beit. Just my opinion. Later fellas!

Is evolution geneology?

Dear shithead,
Besides posting a passage from 1 Corinthians, what discussion were you hoping to start? What premise are you trying to forward? What is the freaking point to the original post besides a personal expression of faith which is largely irrelavent to other members?

The last question makes no sense what-so-ever. Evolution is the study of how living things change over time from generation to generation. Geneology is the study of family blood lines.

While I do not do the former in any sort of ameteur or professional basis, I have studied the theory. I do the latter on an amateur basis and have found great resources on the subject.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Edited by - Valiant Dancer on 10/08/2004 06:51:30
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  07:36:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
Dear shithead,

I take it you are starting to get annoyed with verlich's inane posts.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  07:45:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
To all bible believers:

Please sell everything and send me all your money. Email me for address.

Matthew 5:42
"Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  08:32:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Good one.

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life.--Rev.22:19

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  09:41:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

quote:
Dear shithead,

I take it you are starting to get annoyed with verlich's inane posts.

You take it correctly. I do try to get him to engage in debate, however futile that may be.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  09:51:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
verlch, I only defend evolutionary theory against the likes of you, the people who - for some unknown reason - have decided that evolutionary theory and God cannot co-exist (and thus that the theory "attacks" God), or that God did not create evolution. After all, evolution itself is fact. It happens, regardless of what you believe.

Similarly, your idea of God might exist, regardless of what I believe. I certainly hope He does not, for I find your version of God to be petty, mean, capricious and spiteful, all traits I would like a deity to be without, as they're much too worldly.

The difference is, I cannot ever hope to mearsure God. But I can measure evolution, with my own hands and eyes. Paul, in 1 Corithians, tells you that God's power is evident in the observations of the world. Well, the fact of evolution is evident in our observations of the world. Do you deny the possibility that evolution is an example of the power of God?

If so, I would wonder if you didn't post the passage in order to point out how much of a lunatic you think Paul was.

filthy, you're absolutely correct in that things have gotten very lax in terms of protecting verlch from abuse. Terms of enfecalment (hehehe!) are, of course, entirely inappropriate and unconstructive, especially towards someone who has just helped the defenders of evolution by pointing out where in the Bible it tells us that those who are least-respected by the church should be the people to judge the trivia of the world. Evolutionary theory carries no theological implications, and thus - in Paul's context - is very trivial, indeed. So come on, guys: verlch has handed us a slam-dunk in this thread. Give him some props!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  10:14:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

verlch, I only defend evolutionary theory against the likes of you, the people who - for some unknown reason - have decided that evolutionary theory and God cannot co-exist (and thus that the theory "attacks" God), or that God did not create evolution. After all, evolution itself is fact. It happens, regardless of what you believe.

Similarly, your idea of God might exist, regardless of what I believe. I certainly hope He does not, for I find your version of God to be petty, mean, capricious and spiteful, all traits I would like a deity to be without, as they're much too worldly.

The difference is, I cannot ever hope to mearsure God. But I can measure evolution, with my own hands and eyes. Paul, in 1 Corithians, tells you that God's power is evident in the observations of the world. Well, the fact of evolution is evident in our observations of the world. Do you deny the possibility that evolution is an example of the power of God?

If so, I would wonder if you didn't post the passage in order to point out how much of a lunatic you think Paul was.

filthy, you're absolutely correct in that things have gotten very lax in terms of protecting verlch from abuse. Terms of enfecalment (hehehe!) are, of course, entirely inappropriate and unconstructive, especially towards someone who has just helped the defenders of evolution by pointing out where in the Bible it tells us that those who are least-respected by the church should be the people to judge the trivia of the world. Evolutionary theory carries no theological implications, and thus - in Paul's context - is very trivial, indeed. So come on, guys: verlch has handed us a slam-dunk in this thread. Give him some props!

OK. I'm sorry for calling you a name verlch. You have shown where the Bible itself could be interpreted as affirming evolution as the mechanism by which the devine works.

Seems like verlch is gonna do the "different sides" twist when it is more reasonable to say that the two people are on the same side, just one wants to deny/refuses to beleive it.

Edited by - Valiant Dancer on 10/08/2004 10:14:25
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  12:31:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Very well. I see now that you all fail to realize that you have been blinded by ivory-tower, over-educated, ex-hippie, commie-ahteist faggots who have come to serve Satan his daily pottage of the souls of the righteous! Your eyes have become scaled and your tongues forked! Have you lost all decency; have you no remaining sense of shame? You call yourselves skeptic, BAH!! You are not skeptic; you are mere, deluded fools. If you were real skeptics, you would pick apart this pathetic Theory of Evolution like a pariah leper sifting through the village midden.

That's what it is, you know; GARBAGE!!

It is garbage in that it does not recognize the hand of the Lard upon all things. Without that sweet caress, all life is impossible! The universe would not, could not exist if God had not wanted it!

What about the bombadeer beetle? Hah? How could that evolve without blowing itself up when it was only almost a bombadeer beetle? Where are the fossil bombadeer beetles with their hinies blown up? You don't have any, do you? That alone disproves your stupid theory!

And that's all it is, a stupid theory; a series of drunken speculations. It proves nothing but that stupid people who hate God can make a living lying to our precious children to make them as stupid as they themselves are. They are about the devil's work, and Satan laughs and fondles himself every time a youngster scores an A on a General Science test. One more young soul on it's way to HELL!

So tell me, O worshipers of the foul and godless faith of evil-ution, how do you explain the rattlesnake? How did something like it's rattle 'evolve?' I'll tell you how; it was deadly to the faithful and so God created a bell for it to give them a warning, that's how. Prove me wrong, you deluded idiots! Even though the Bible says nothing about rattlesnakes, pure logic tells us the truth. Ockaman's Razor, that you are so fond of mentioning, tells us this, also.

I'll give you yet another example of the falsehood of evolution: the kangaroo. It is put together in such a way that it cannot walk, only hop. Such is God's punishment and his mercy that it can hop very well. So where are the fossils of the kangaroos that could walk? If evolution were true, there must be some. But you can't find them, can you?

And you so snidely ask how the kangaroo could have traveled from Mt. Arafat to Sidney after the Noachan flood. It is obvioue to anyone who does his own thinking; God saw to it that they got there. How else?

No, no, my benighted friends, your misguided (by Satan) theory won't explain anything beyond why so many souls are claimed by HELL even before their corporel existance has ended.

Further, how do you try and explain the beginning of life? One of the great, holy philophers has stated that, "You can't get a croc from a rock!" (because evolution is a crock and you well know it). Life formed from mud and swill? Can you really believe that? Can you not see the hand of God guiding the Creation 6,000 years ago, as written by the inspired authors of the Holy Bible? Ockaman's Razor again rubs your face in your own waste!

And you have the unbelievable temerity to insist on teaching these lies in our schools! You are condemning our children to a life of ignorance and an afterlife of serving Satan in the most horrid of ways.

You SO disgust me.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  12:47:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
Net week, find out if

1) filthy is channeling verlch in the manner of Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf

2) verlch is actually Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf

3) verlch will actually find the point to his original post

For those of you who don't know who Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf is.

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  15:11:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
Nice try filthy, but you failed to drag freemasons and the illuminati into the rant. Still, I give you a 90 on the verlch-o-meter(tm).

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  15:32:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
You also forgot how the feminazis and lesbians are trying to conquer the world and slave the men and make 'em weak and very poor, how Babylon the Harlot is returning and how the Washington Monument is in fact a big fallic symbol.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds.