New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  19:17:51  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
Here you can read up on some information about Israel.

http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/accuracy.htm

Leviticus 26:31-32.
31: And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours.
32: And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it.

There it talkes about bringing enemies such as modern day Palestine.

Within hours of the declaration, Israel was attacked by Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Israel prevailed in that war and expanded the size of the country by 50 percent.

Amos 9:14-15
14: And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
15: And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Ezekiel 4:3-6
4: Lie thou also upon thy left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it: according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon it thou shalt bear their iniquity.
5: For I have laid upon thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days: so shalt thou bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
6: And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.

Ezekiel 11:17

17: Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.

Ezekiel 36:24

24: For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/tocce...7&division=div1

Genesis 15:18

18: In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Genesis 28:10-15

10: And Jacob went out from Beer-sheba, and went toward Haran.
11: And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep.
12: And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.
13: And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;
14: And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.
15: And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.

Genesis 35:9-12

9: And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padan-aram, and blessed him.
10: And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.
11: And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;
12: And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.

Isaiah 66:7-8
8: Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

In 1948 Israel became a nation in one day!

http://www.masada2000.org/historical.html

(It doesn't get much clearer than that, In one day Israel became a nation, within hours Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Saudi Arabia attacked and killed 650,000 some odd thousdand Jews. That was the last war that would even be close.)

Some Israeli wars...
http://www.historyguy.com/suez_war_1956.html
http://www.historyguy.com/suez_war_1956.html

Total Arab Population Surrounding Israel = 271,056,560
Total Population of Israel = 5,186,367

You mean that many people surrounding a nation can't destroy it? They hate it that much? God is fighting for them in my personal view of course! They are outnumbered 55 to 1! So for every man that can take up armes against Israel you might have 15 to .23 men ready to die to purge Israel off the map! Yet they get stopped every time! Israel would not kill a single Arab if they didn't hate a country the size of New Jersy! Israel wants peace more than you want to eat you breakfast! The bible calls Israel a millstone around the neck of all nations! The Anti-Christ will come out of the tribe of Judah is it? So wait and see for yourself!

http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/accuracy.htm

May the God of Israel bless me and my family!

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  19:46:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Ezekiel 36:24

24: For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
It's a real shame that there are still Jews among the heathen. And that Israel borders on neither the Nile nor the Euphrates rivers.

In other words, there are lots of failures of prophecy in the Bible.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  20:14:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Thanks for pointing out those prophecy failures verlch! You do a great service to all that want to see scriptural failings. But it's sort of like throwing a rock at an aircraft carrier. Sorta hard to miss. But you knew that you sly dog you!

How about this one where Jesus says that rich people will burn in hell for all eternity:
Luke 6.20: Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.

Nuff said!

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  20:24:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
You guys could find something wrong with a milk bucket!

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  20:32:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

I've never heard anyone claim milk buckets to be perfect and inerrant...

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 11/24/2004 20:32:26
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  20:34:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:

The bucket isn't round enough. And the milk is old and warm.

But thats kind of the thing we do here verlch, we try our best to find what is wrong about things. I'm surprised you haven't noticed that before...

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  20:48:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
http://i-cias.com/e.o/euphrats.htm

Looks like someone changed its course up in Syria, but none the less Israel borders on a river now called the Jordan!

Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  01:54:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
We bought a cupboard from IKEA a few months ago.

The assembly instructions predicted exactly what the cupboard would look like.

The instructions had 100% accuracy in its prophecies!

Hallelujah!

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  02:38:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

...The instructions had 100% accuracy in its prophecies! Hallelujah!

I hear the great and powerful IKEA has a noble temple of practicality where many partake of the splendors found in improvements within thy dwellings.

There are however false prophets! I bought a drawing table recently. Though it turned out fine, the instructions were in at odds with the observations of the parts. But perhaps it was IKEA's lesson in the use of free will, which I employed to complete the task of assembly.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  03:14:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:
You mean that many people surrounding a nation can't destroy it? They hate it that much?

Or they just don't care enough to annihilate it? Or do they have their own issues that keep 'em from annihilating it?

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  05:11:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Chippewa
There are however false prophets! I bought a drawing table recently. Though it turned out fine, the instructions were in at odds with the observations of the parts. But perhaps it was IKEA's lesson in the use of free will, which I employed to complete the task of assembly.
What translation did you use?

In the original language the instructions are totally god inspired and inerrant.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  07:05:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:

http://i-cias.com/e.o/euphrats.htm

Looks like someone changed its course up in Syria, but none the less Israel borders on a river now called the Jordan!

Well shit, verlch, even a broken clock is right twice a day!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  09:47:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
verlch wrote:
quote:
Looks like someone changed its course up in Syria...
That "someone" being nature, perhaps? Oh, look how the Euphrates used to be farther away from what is now Israel.
quote:
...but none the less Israel borders on a river now called the Jordan!
So what? God doesn't tell the Israelites they'll have the land between the Nile and the river Jordan, now does He?

verlch, your attempts at apologetics simply fail.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

ktesibios
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2004 :  01:55:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ktesibios a Private Message
quote:

Within hours of the declaration, Israel was attacked by Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Israel prevailed in that war and expanded the size of the country by 50 percent.

<snip>

(It doesn't get much clearer than that, In one day Israel became a nation, within hours Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Saudi Arabia attacked and killed 650,000 some odd thousdand Jews. That was the last war that would even be close.)

Checking a more reliable source, I come up with this:

quote:

Neither the UN nor the world leaders, however, could spare Israel from immediate invasion by the armies of five Arab states Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, and Transjordan (now Jordan) and within a few days, the state's survival appeared to be at stake.

No mention of Saudi Arabia, you'll notice. Now, about the casualties:

quote:

The 1948 war was Israel's costliest: more than 6,000 were killed and 30,000 wounded out of a population of only 780,000.

No mention of 650,000 dead.

Source: "Israel." Encyclopædia Britannica. 2004. Encyclopædia Britannica Premium Service.
26 Nov. 2004 <http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?tocId=219421>.

I move that Verlch be accorded an honor like that given to Markiss in Mark Twain's "Roughing It" by the coroner's jury that sat on his death: that anything he says be considered entitled to instant and unquestioning acceptance as a lie.

"The Republican agenda is to turn the United States into a third-world shithole." -P.Z.Myers
Edited by - ktesibios on 11/26/2004 01:57:26
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  07:23:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
I move that Verlch be accorded an honor like that given to Markiss in Mark Twain's "Roughing It" by the coroner's jury that sat on his death: that anything he says be considered entitled to instant and unquestioning acceptance as a lie.

I second the motion.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  07:39:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
No, then he'll just come out FOR evolution...

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.8 seconds.