Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  07:22:33  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
Hey Dave or Kil or @tomic or whoever is in charge:

I have a question about the progression of people's "titles" or whatever it is you call that description that goes along with the number of posts you've made here.

When you first start posting, you're called a "New Member." Somewhere along the way, you get to be a "Skeptic Friend" (that's there I am, with around 230 posts). After that, I see "SFN Regular" which has to come somewhere between 230 and 800 or so posts. And [/b]filthy[/b] is an "SFN addict" at 2200+ posts.

So my question is if there is a list showing what all these ranks are, and at what number of posts you "graduate" to the new ranks (or title, or whatever)...

Just curious...

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  09:14:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

I have a question about the progression of people's "titles" or whatever it is you call that description that goes along with the number of posts you've made here.

When you first start posting, you're called a "New Member." Somewhere along the way, you get to be a "Skeptic Friend" (that's there I am, with around 230 posts). After that, I see "SFN Regular" which has to come somewhere between 230 and 800 or so posts. And [/b]filthy[/b] is an "SFN addict" at 2200+ posts.

So my question is if there is a list showing what all these ranks are, and at what number of posts you "graduate" to the new ranks (or title, or whatever)...

Just curious...

I can quit any time I want to!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  10:15:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

Just curious...

I can quit any time I want to!

Isn't that usually followed by slapping your forearm with two fingers and yelling, "now where's that vein?!?!?"

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  10:40:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Skeptic Friend 50
Skeptic Friend 100
SFN Regular 500
Addict 2000
SFN Die Hard 3000

I guess that 50 post level should be changed at some point.

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  10:45:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

I can quit any time I want to![/quote]

Right! (Now, just 2,771 posts to go!)
Edited by - Cuneiformist on 10/19/2004 10:46:45
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  10:58:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Of course, we can and sometimes do award "special" titles.

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  11:31:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

@

Call me 'The Great Old One'

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  12:23:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

Skeptic Friend 50
Skeptic Friend 100
SFN Regular 500
Addict 2000
SFN Die Hard 3000

I guess that 50 post level should be changed at some point.

@

Might I suggest Skeptic Noob?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2004 :  01:38:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message
quote:
Posted by Atomic;
That got me a little curious. Plus, I'm not sleeping and incredibly bored. Anyway, I think that the frequency and longevity of those that post to this Board might be as deserving as the total number...Those are the folks that keep this board alive.

For instance, Atomic and Kil are founding members and still active within the last two months. Others that came aboard in the first couple of months and are still active are Antie, Boron10, ljbrs, Randy, Gorgo and Valiant Dancer.

Plus, there's the true addicts--Those that continue to contribute more than two posts per day on average. There's Siberia at 5.88 posts per day, Dude at 4.7 posts, Dave W. at 4.22, Ricky at 4.14, H. Humbert at 3.01, Atomic at 2.53, Filthy at 2.14 and Peptide at 2.05. I expect some of these numbers to decline soon because most of these folks are new members.

Finally, of all these numbers Atomic and Dave W. should be given a royal title considering they're the all time SFN posting champions with more than 2500 apeice, and the work they do to maintain this board is indispensible.

Now, I realize all of these people can't be given special titles, but I just felt like recognizing these folks, and say thanks for all the interesting reading. Plus, did I mention that I'm a bored insomniac?

Edited to add;
Maybe I should spend the next day or so with the anti-Christ title. I've reached 666 posts! I never could figure out that last book in the Bible.

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country." Dubya in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 9/6/2004
Edited by - Tim on 10/24/2004 02:50:10
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2004 :  01:54:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:

I don't quite like n00b. It's not too original (it was also the first thing that came to my mind) and it sounds a bit hacker childish. You know, you have all these 13 year olds running around the internet saying "n00b" and "pwnd" (coughcoughSkepticTimescoughcough).

I like Skeptic Child, Skeptic Baby, or maybe even Skeptic Pet? (the last one is really questionable, as it is now reaching 5am).

What do you all think?

Edit:

quote:
Plus, there's the true addicts--Those that continue to contribute more than two posts per day on average. There's Siberia at 5.88 posts per day, Dude at 4.7 posts, Dave W. at 4.22, Ricky at 4.14, H. Humbert at 3.01, Atomic at 2.53, Filthy at 2.14 and Peptide at 2.05. I expect some of these numbers to decline soon because most of these folks are new members.

My numbers are going no where but up

Thanks for the recognition, the same goes to you. Even though you may not post as often, I have enjoyed your posts (such as the last one).

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 10/24/2004 01:56:46
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2004 :  08:50:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Tim

What, and rid you all of my presence? You wish. Thanks for the recognition, though That shows how much of a life I have (not) ...

Anyways. As for the beginner of beginners title, I'd suggest Skeptic Apprentice. Skeptic Pet should go to Verlch dear, the fundie we all love

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2004 :  18:36:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Well, the only special titles I've given out were for staff, and that one time when I cursed Chaloobi for a little while.

On the other hand, Tim wrote:
quote:
Finally, of all these numbers Atomic and Dave W. should be given a royal title considering they're the all time SFN posting champions with more than 2500 apeice, and the work they do to maintain this board is indispensible.
Flattery will get you a truly special title, at least for a short while...

Seriously, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if it weren't for the members here, I wouldn't bother. It's the users which really make this place, not the staff. After all, if it were just the staff, this place would be pretty damned boring.

Also seriously, while Kil doesn't post a whole lot, his contributions here as "founding father," administrator and continuing Evil-Skeptic influence are invaluable.
quote:
Now, I realize all of these people can't be given special titles, but I just felt like recognizing these folks, and say thanks for all the interesting reading.
Thanks go to you, too, Tim. I believe I'd read quite a few of your posts prior to registering, and have been rather disappointed by your decline in frequency here. Although I know you don't feel the same way, I'm a little bit happy you got canned.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  14:01:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Geez, I almost forgot to change Tim's title back...

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  17:49:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

quote:

I don't quite like n00b. It's not too original (it was also the first thing that came to my mind) and it sounds a bit hacker childish. You know, you have all these 13 year olds running around the internet saying "n00b" and "pwnd" (coughcoughSkepticTimescoughcough).

I like Skeptic Child, Skeptic Baby, or maybe even Skeptic Pet? (the last one is really questionable, as it is now reaching 5am).

What do you all think?

I'm not so fond of Skeptic child or baby myself. Alternative titles: 'skeptic in training', or 'not so skeptic'. Or maybe, if you want it to be a true hierarchy, how about starting out by calling someone 'fundy' for the first 50 posts or so

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  18:30:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
how about starting out by calling someone 'fundy' for the first 50 posts or so

I 2nd this.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  19:50:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
how about starting out by calling someone 'fundy' for the first 50 posts or so

Ummmmmmmmmmm… No.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.