Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  02:20:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Does anybody know the amount of provisional ballots in the contested states.
I've heard that there were a lot of early voters in:

Florida (Bush +363 446 votes, called for B)
Ohio (Bush +125 691 votes)
Iowa (Bush + 11 563 votes)

The fat lady (lets call her mrs Ohio) has not sung yet, but it looks like al-Qaeda poster boy George will seem to have the american voters behind him when the next 100 000 Moslems gets killed.

This is going to take a while....

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  05:16:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Yeah, it looks like the country is screwed again. It seems like gay marrage, bin Laden, and the status quo of incompetence takes takes precidence over vision and experience with well over half the voters.

What a bunch of pussies!

Oh well; It'll give me something to despise for the next four as the nation's handbasket becomes more shredded on it's way to hell. Don't know what I'd do without that -- I've gotten used to it, you see.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  05:58:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message

Somebody else posted this link earlier, but I'll remember this quote for a while:

http://www.grist.org/news/maindish/2004/10...erer-christian/

"It's like half this country wants to guide our ship of state by compass -- a compass, something that works by science and rationality, and empirical wisdom," quipped comedian Bill Maher on Larry King Live. "And half this country wants to kill a chicken and read the entrails like they used to do in the old Roman Empire."

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  06:54:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Look on the bright side!
If Mr. Shrub cheats, er, wins again, it's four years and no more!

How does it work over there? So confusing.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  08:40:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Fasten your seat belts. A lame duck president with visions of a theocracy, more handouts to his rich friends, rising deficits, a foreign policy from hell, the loosening of environmental controls, protected land give a ways, the continued assault on science, the likely hood of choosing more than one supreme court justice and this list goes on. All coupled with a net gain for republicans in both houses, as I understand it. Expect an even harder turn to the right. If he thought he had a mandate last time, I'm sure he sees this victory as a landslide.

We're are so screwed…

I'm depressed.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  09:00:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
Supposedly there are tens of millions of women between the ages of 18 to 35 that chose not to vote. Well after W changes the makeup of the Court and they lose there right to choose, I better not hear any whinning from them.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  09:18:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil
Expect an even harder turn to the right.
A harder turn to the right will take you off the road and into that brick wall yonder...

Still, Mrs Ohio isn't singing yet.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  09:20:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
Well, look on the bright side. At least Europe will probably get more united

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Stargirl
Skeptic Friend

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  09:30:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Stargirl a Private Message
They just announced that Kerry has conceded.

I fear that the country as we've know it is gone forever.

Even in four years the Republicans will just appoint another idiot. Jeb?

I can imagine the recruiting lines for Al Qa'ida forming right now.

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him - Voltaire
Go to Top of Page

NubiWan
Skeptic Friend

USA
424 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  09:35:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send NubiWan a Private Message
The 'Youth Vote' didn't, the Evangelicals did, we are so screwed.... ARRRGH..!!!!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  09:48:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
The Rude Pundet, from about the miggle of the column:

quote:
When the majority of the country voted for Bush yesterday, what they were saying, in Alabama, in Wyoming, in Indiana, is that they want blood for blood, and it doesn't matter where that blood comes from. The economy didn't fucking matter, health care didn't fucking matter, certainly peace didn't fucking matter, the Supreme Court didn't fucking matter. None of it. And the rest of the world can go fuck itself. It came down to who was the most bloodthirsty candidate, and George Bush transformed himself into a man who would shit on Saddam's cut open abdomen and eat his balls, and no Massachusetts peacenik was gonna defeat that in our deluded American mindset.

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  09:49:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

Does anybody know the amount of provisional ballots in the contested states.
I've heard that there were a lot of early voters in:

Florida (Bush +363 446 votes, called for B)
Ohio (Bush +125 691 votes)
Iowa (Bush + 11 563 votes)

The fat lady (lets call her mrs Ohio) has not sung yet, but it looks like al-Qaeda poster boy George will seem to have the american voters behind him when the next 100 000 Moslems gets killed.

This is going to take a while....

Ohio has between 130,000 and 175,000 provisional and absentee balots to count. Mostly from Democratic strongholds.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  09:53:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Looks like the Fat Lady has sung her song....

http://www.cnn.com/

Oh well. I can always move to New Zealand.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  10:23:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
What we have done is put off by 4 more years making the tough choices we will have to make, some day, on the annual deficit and the size of the national debt. All young bush/republican supporters have pissed away their futures, since the last three Republican administrations are responsible for 70% of the debt. By the end of the next 4 years, if we are lucky, the debt will only be 9 trillion plus. If I hear another conservative pundit say that the debt is manageable I'm going to hurl. He is either stupid or lying ...

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

dominic_dice
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  10:51:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dominic_dice a Private Message
"Ohio has between 130,000 and 175,000 provisional and absentee balots to count. Mostly from Democratic strongholds"

I wouldn't hold your breath though. The reports I have been hearing suggest that Bushh has a fairly significant lead in Ohio (they said 99% of places Bush had significant lead).

"Are you THE dominic_dice"
"No, a dominic_dice. I come in six packs now"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.